Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. Peggy Leggy

Dear WC, don't listen to all the whiners.

Too much whining here about being killed while offline, the claim system, whining about large companies, no place for solo play, too hard for small companies, waaa waa waa. 

About the only thing you should do to help them is make hired crew (maybe a lot) better and able to do more things. It's easy to get gold and 1g an hour per crew is kinda nothing. Allow them to level and get pretty strong, maybe make their pay go up a little every couple levels, but let them get nice and strong. Work on the AI, etc. I think that would help solo/small companies a lot TBH, allowing the NPC's to defend ships and bases when assigned to cannons etc so it's all not just all no risk killing.

Other then that the game is pretty solid outside of some balancing tweaks and adding content which comes later. The ship to ship combat is fun as heck.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In what way they want to fix it I don't care, but offline raiding is currently way to easy. There is basically no way to protect yourself from it. So if you feel people shouldn't complain, any tips for how to protect yourself and your stuff while offline would be appreciated 🙂

13 hours ago, Timelog said:

In what way they want to fix it I don't care, but offline raiding is currently way to easy. There is basically no way to protect yourself from it. So if you feel people shouldn't complain, any tips for how to protect yourself and your stuff while offline would be appreciated 🙂

Hire npcs.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:16 PM, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Too much whining here about being killed while offline, the claim system, whining about large companies, no place for solo play, too hard for small companies, waaa waa waa. 

About the only thing you should do to help them is make hired crew (maybe a lot) better and able to do more things. It's easy to get gold and 1g an hour per crew is kinda nothing. Allow them to level and get pretty strong, maybe make their pay go up a little every couple levels, but let them get nice and strong. Work on the AI, etc. I think that would help solo/small companies a lot TBH, allowing the NPC's to defend ships and bases when assigned to cannons etc so it's all not just all no risk killing.

Other then that the game is pretty solid outside of some balancing tweaks and adding content which comes later. The ship to ship combat is fun as heck.

Yeah wc isn’t listening. You are just talking to us.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah wc isn’t listening. You are just talking to us.

They are listening and watching. They've made a lot of changes already based on feedback. SotD spawn rates to name one, the weight/dodge thing for another, but there have been many.

5 hours ago, Spartakoos said:

Bumping, please do NOT cater to the whiners, keep your game brutal as intended!

I agree +1

I like a challenge If it doesn't work adapt change don't whine for nerfs .

Its a  survival game its supposed to be brutal man up lady up or go play a nintendo

42 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

They are listening and watching. They've made a lot of changes already based on feedback. SotD spawn rates to name one, the weight/dodge thing for another, but there have been many.

Yeah twitter and reddit feedback 😂

I mean..... the lag and rubber banding is probably the #1 thing making the game stupidly hard, and from what I read WC’s priority is to ensure server stability. They are working on the biggest issue atm

On 12/30/2018 at 11:58 PM, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Hire npcs.

How exactly do NPC's defend your base?

So you give them cannons, then players run around naked burn out their ammo. 
You set them only to hit ships, so your npc's then get sniped with carbines. 

There's no middle ground. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:16 PM, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Work on the AI, etc. I think that would help solo/small companies a lot TBH, allowing the NPC's to defend ships and bases when assigned to cannons etc so it's all not just all no risk killing.

How exactly does this help small companies anyway? You improve the AI and think the big companies wont take advantage too?

This is a troll thread right OP? I'm sure your not really THIS naive.

Edited by ShoulderRabbit

On 1/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, Bad News Bear said:

I mean..... the lag and rubber banding is probably the #1 thing making the game stupidly hard, and from what I read WC’s priority is to ensure server stability. They are working on the biggest issue atm

Server stability and latency to clients is this games largest issue.  If they can figure that out and get the game to where it needs to be this game could be epic.  If they do not figure this out it will prevent this game from reaching its potential. 

Listen to the people whining about no fiber in the tundra regions. There's 1700ish plants that can grow in a similar environment, atleast a few could be used as a fiber or cordage, but if you're not going to fix that then go the complete opposite way and remove the insane number of berries and herbs in the area and make it a real struggle to survive there.