Sign in to follow this  
RedXStrike

Enable Codes for ANYTHING WITH STORAGE

Seriously. Anything that has a storage should have a pin access.

This game is harsh enough trying to claim land and play solo - but others intentionally loading up your smithy to sink your raft? I don't even understand why that's a thing.

A simple code on the smithy storage or anything that can have storage solves that.

• Like 3

I assume it's a thing because most of us have nothing we can actually accomplish. Not in an army, no land to claim, no place to build to try and keep resources safe, hordes of powerful creatures that are almost guaranteed death without the gear we can't build, etc. That leaves griefing while people wait for changes that might let them actually play.

Hell, I'm not even a griefer and reading your post I thought, "hey, that's something to do at least while I wait for fixes..".

Edited by Sunderbrass

Stick a claim down - if someone hasn't been active for 3 days they lose their claim to you.  You have nothing to lose by trying.  I noticed that the INSANE creature spawns on the island I have a claim on are gone.  I killed the only 3 Crocs I saw - lvl 6 was the highest - because they were a nuisance more than a threat.  I had ample time to Gather stuff, I even lay down and dug for water twice and wasn't attacked by anything.  From getting 6 to 10 bits of Fiber to make arrows I was able to leisurely take every patch I saw.

Up to now I was running to my raft and storing things in locked boxes in a desperate attempt to survive and scrape a handful of resources, but - by the gods! - I will actually be able to start building now.  I was past all hope yesterday and was ready to sail off and try my luck elsewhere, knowing it would be as bad everywhere else...

Edited by Coggage

3 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Stick a claim down - if someone hasn't been active for 3 days they lose their claim to you.  You have nothing to lose by trying.  I noticed that the INSANE creature spawns on the island I have a claim on are gone.  I killed the only 3 Crocs I saw - lvl 6 was the highest - because they were a nuisance more than a threat.  I had ample time to Gather stuff, I even lay down and dug for water twice and wasn't attacked by anything.  From getting 6 to 10 bits of Fiber to make arrows I was able to leisurely take every patch I saw.

Up to now I was running to my raft and storing things in locked boxes in a desperate attempt to survive and scrape a handful of resources, but - by the gods! - I will actually be able to start building now.  I was past all hope yesterday and was ready to sail off and try my luck elsewhere, knowing it would be as bad everywhere else...

Apparently the 3 day limit is bugged.  People are reporting claims gone after logging out overnight or even for 4 hours.  Feels too mean to take advantage of that against someone going through all the same crap we are.

6 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Are you playing on the PvE server? Even getting close to an island that claims can be put on often results in a swarm of dudes with metal armor and weapons coming out to kill you and take your stuff. Even if that stuff consists of like 10 wood and fiber.

• Haha 1

Nothing still suggests why there's a need to not have smithys with the capability to lock. I also think there needs to be more storage limits, including for campfires or things that wouldn't maybe have a lock.

52 minutes ago, RedXStrike said:

This game is harsh enough trying to claim land and play solo - but others intentionally loading up your smithy to sink your raft? I don't even understand why that's a thing.

A simple code on the smithy storage or anything that can have storage solves that.

Loading up your smithy doesn't matter. They can load up your campfire, load themselves up with a large amount of weight, drop the items directly onto your raft. Or just bring more than three people to stand on your raft. All of these methods will break any boat in the game.

57 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Apparently the 3 day limit is bugged.  People are reporting claims gone after logging out overnight or even for 4 hours.  Feels too mean to take advantage of that against someone going through all the same crap we are.

Ah.  Trouble is I don't know if it was bugged or not.  Now that the spawns are back to normal (thank god) I have spent most of the night there and, bar one player stocking up on supplies then sailing off, I have seen no-one around.  Maybe the INSANE spawns up to yesterday scared everyone off.

Space has opened up on two sides of me and no-one has moved in, so I think they are old claims that have decayed on their own(?).  This also leads me to think I haven't stolen some poor guy's land.  Hopefully.  I'm not going to claim the newly-available land though, as everyone needs a break.  It's a nice little island, bar the total lack of metal nodes.

7 hours ago, RedXStrike said:

Should be like ark, everything automatically locked to anyone except owner and tribe by default.

I think there is a skill that allows players to subvert codes on locked storage anyway, even on pve…. I saw someone glowing purple'ish and looting locked storage on pve

in pve all containers should be locked by default, no pincode. i read in a post that there are already people running around with a bruteforce bot

stealing stuff from pinlocked containers.

19 minutes ago, Combo77 said:

in pve all containers should be locked by default, no pincode. i read in a post that there are already people running around with a bruteforce bot

stealing stuff from pinlocked containers.

I read in a post that there are already sharks with lasers ingame, and they’re stealing all the best fighter jets and nuclear subs, leaving none for you and me.

Just because you read it in a post doesn’t mean it’s true. Doesn’t mean it’s not true either, but it’s important to take that sort of stuff with a grain of salt.

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

I read in a post that there are already sharks with lasers ingame, and they’re stealing all the best fighter jets and nuclear subs, leaving none for you and me.

Just because you read it in a post doesn’t mean it’s true. Doesn’t mean it’s not true either, but it’s important to take that sort of stuff with a grain of salt. Also all containers in pve should absolutely be locked by default. The fact they aren’t and we have to even ask for it points to rushed shoddy development. And don’t say it’s EA. Can we all agree that a BASIC level of game development should happen before money is charged for a product, whether EA or not?

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Just because you read it in a post doesn’t mean it’s true. Doesn’t mean it’s not true either, but it’s important to take that sort of stuff with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately this is true, the Chinese took all the fighter jets and the Russians The best Subs. They used their ESP to find them in Dr. Evils Lair where we discovered they've been breeding the sharks since day 1. If you have a spyglass you can find the lair in the distance it's right next to the hollowed out volcano. 

5 minutes ago, Poke said:

Unfortunately this is true, the Chinese took all the fighter jets and the Russians The best Subs. They used their ESP to find them in Dr. Evils Lair where we discovered they've been breeding the sharks since day 1. If you have a spyglass you can find the lair in the distance it's right next to the hollowed out volcano. 

Good tip. The only problem is, how are we supposed to get inside the lair if they have all the sharks with lasers? C'mon Wildshot, we need our own sharks with lasers.

#NEEDMOARLAZORSHARKS