Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

So we're right back to the Devs ignoring the player base AGAIN!

6 minutes ago, BoOoM said:

i am actually very serious about this. 

Swich off and do (play) something else..? Clear head... 

Im not "the devils advocate"...

//lock

The patch probably didn't went live or is bugged. Someone was saying that it was actually reverted just after it went live, not sure what to believe.

In any case it's just so god damn bad. I have nothing against having mobs in the sea, but this is just too much, they should be limited to a few zones and/or spawn once every time you cross something like 3 zones at maximum if not less. As it stand now you can't even pvp other player ships because they'll lure you in damned and the fight is fucked. Also they need to buff cannons. As it stand now you encounter at least 5+ groups of damned in between 2 island belonging the same square grid, it's plain stupid.

The only good thing about this patch is that it force people to put cannons on their ship and try them. But then again the game don't have a week and the skill system is already so restricted you can't test for shit...

Edited by ExplodingYeti

I'm honestly hoping they wont ignor us this time.

Damned ships should be rare.

And i wouldn't mind a wipe tbh

19 hours ago, Tiberius_theron said:

So we're right back to the Devs ignoring the player base AGAIN! Ghost Ships still spawning by the hundreds out to sea. When they need to be an EXTREMELY RARE SPAWN! LESS THAN 1% CHANCE! Skills system still sucks balls also, solo play is dead, small group play is dead. 

Maybe the game isn't for you? It's not a solo game. And not really good for small groups. So if that's what you're trying to do.... You're going to have a hard time.

But that's ok, not every game has to pander to solo players.

9 minutes ago, Lethality said:

Maybe the game isn't for you? It's not a solo game. And not really good for small groups. So if that's what you're trying to do.... You're going to have a hard time.

But that's ok, not every game has to pander to solo players.

There are a lot of solo players playing this game. Even though GS said that this game was designed for groups of people, they still want a ‘solo experience’. I do agree it needs to be more solo friendly though, and it is easily possible to play this game solo if everything they want is met. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstone30 said:

Personally i dont really care anymore...its pretty obvious the Devs ignore most of these Threads. I know other game Companies having at least some Forum Moderators as a middle way to communicate between Developers and Community. But here...well well. 

I wouldnt even complain much about the new reworked Skilltree and requirements of Points you need to unlock a new Skill if they have made it just like Ark. When you played in Ark in a group you got EXP for everything you and your group did. Chopping wood, Getting Stone or Flint, collecting fibers blabla...in Atlas you actually just get some points for Hunting.

But my main Focus for complaining is actually still the Spoiling of Food. This is just ridiculous.  You hunt an Animal, get the meat and 1 meat has a spoiling time of 10min. You gonna Cook the meat which should preserve it actually longer...nope 10mins spoiltime. Even worse Farming. This Skill is personally totally useless. You place some Large plots somewhere plant like Wheat in it....it takes a couple of hours to grow and when you harvest it...it spoils after only 5minutes???

So and for all who wanna know why nothing is working ...check the pic lol...

uztrt69yww621.png

Awesome pic 👍 😂😂😂😂😂

I hope they enjoy all your money while they can, cause they all done after this mess of a retarded game.

5 minutes ago, Rellom said:

I hope they enjoy all your money while they can, cause they all done after this mess of a retarded game.

This is true. I don’t think they made enough money to continue development for a prolonged period. Don’t be surprised if you see a paid dlc for stuff that was going to be free before.

the highest amount of players were a little over 50k. 100k might have bought it but there were a lot of refunds.

they did say that there wouldn’t be any paid dlc’s but I don’t believe they have learned their lesson as they say they did.

they did say there would be micro transactions so at the very least we will see those very soon. Probably before a lot of the mid game and end game stuff even gets introduced 

• Like 1

Considering this was released as a stand alone game instead of the ARK MOD IT REALLY IS  just so they could skirt around people getting it for free if they had bought an Ark season pass and make them pay for it, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Shit company and shit practices to pull on people.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, archaegeo said:

And go make a game to learn about the process. 

They said EA.  It is.

They said a 2 year development process, its been 6 days.

So rather than just insulting people to make a point, provide proof.  Right now they are still making daily patches, every one of which addresses player feedback.  And this through a Christmas holiday. 

Sorry the game isnt ready for you, but they told you prior to your buying it that it would be 2 years to get it ready.

Wrong!  If they were listening, they would have turned off the ships of the damned as soon as the first reports came in.  But that brings up the issue of how stupid the devs are that the ships of the damned would be anything but a rare occurrence.  Does it take a rocket scientist to know that having that many ships of doom would be a bad idea?  Any idiot should have know that MY Brigantine could not compete with those monsters...even one of them, let alone seven of them, before I even had a chance to get gold to buy a crew to man the cannons, which brings up the point that I don't even believe you would have enough ammo on the ship to deal with one of those.  They had about 40K health.  I had 6 large cannon on the top deck, 6 medium on the lower deck, and 6 swivel cannons.  Each set had 40 ammo.  This caused the ship to be fairly heavy, and sluggish.  I do not believe that would be enough to deal with those ships of doom, and yet they put so many of them out that that anyone can believe this was a deliberate soft wipe, which is wrong, and so wrong they would never admit to it.  So what is it, dishonesty, or stupidity?  Soft wipe, or a clueless decision?  And THEY are still there.  While reduced, still too many.  Like WTF are they thinking?

• Like 2

Just now, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Wrong!  If they were listening, they would have turned off the ships of the damned as soon as the first reports came in.  But that brings up the issue of how stupid the devs are that the ships of the damned would be anything but a rare occurrence.  Does it take a rocket scientist to know that having that many ships of doom would be a bad idea?  Any idiot should have know that MY Brigantine could not compete with those monsters...even one of them, let alone seven of them, before I even had a chance to get gold to buy a crew to man the cannons, which brings up the point that I don't even believe you would have enough ammo on the ship to deal with one of those.  They had about 40K health.  I had 6 large cannon on the top deck, 6 medium on the lower deck, and 6 swivel cannons.  Each set had 40 ammo.  This caused the ship to be fairly heavy, and sluggish.  I do not believe that would be enough to deal with those ships of doom, and yet they put so many of them out that that anyone can believe this was a deliberate soft wipe, which is wrong, and so wrong they would never admit to it.  So what is it, dishonesty, or stupidity?  Soft wipe, or a clueless decision?  And THEY are still there.  While reduced, still too many.  Like WTF are they thinking?

This 100x this. Its like they have no idea at all how to balance anything. Like on paper a lot of this shit should look like terrible design. Most of the major issues shouldnt even need to be released to realize theyre bad ideas. Over spawning and huge aggro radius on some of the monsters - hugely overtuned demand on players to keep vitamins up - ghost ships(LULULUL bye bye half the playerbase ships) - the list goes on.

It would be like releasing the server with the moon gravity. On paper you would be able to tell what was going to happen, like before you even released it, you wouldnt need to release it in the game, nevermind keep it in the game for days on end without removing it.

9 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Wait... You are not a PC gamer and don't play the game but you are here just to be a troll on the forums because you don't like wildcard?

LOL

ikr. i honestly don’t get why someone would waste their time complaining about the development of a game they don’t intend to play. lol

3 minutes ago, Flint Hullcrusher said:

ikr. i honestly don’t get why someone would waste their time complaining about the development of a game they don’t intend to play. lol

Best thing you can do is ignore him. I don’t know what went wrong with him, but I guess best thing you can do is don’t give him what he so desires; attention. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Best thing you can do is ignore him. I don’t know what went wrong with him, but I guess best thing you can do is don’t give him what he so desires; attention. 

You gave 2 best things btw. Personally I would prefer it if a few of the white knights would ignore me. I don’t like wasting my time on white knights when I can be having conversations with others.

eapecially when they just barge into a conversation. That is pretty rude 

Edited by Realist

12 minutes ago, Flint Hullcrusher said:

He also calls people with actual opinions that they explain ‘white knights’ and tells us he has ‘conversations’ with other people.

When all he does is complain about a company he has 0 experience with. All he does is complain and insult. 

I wonder what those people are called 😉 

10 hours ago, Percieval said:

He also calls people with actual opinions that they explain ‘white knights’ and tells us he has ‘conversations’ with other people.

When all he does is complain about a company he has 0 experience with. All he does is complain and insult. 

I wonder what those people are called 😉 

I have a huge list of words in my vocabulary for people like that. 😄  Since I imagine most of you do as well and I don't want my account to somehow get locked I'll refrain from listing them all. 😉