Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Daish

high Resource rates already killed this game

Recommended Posts

the massive amount of resources the insane amount of resources where you get so much iron from a single rock that you cant even move has killed this game before it even had a chance to relaunch with this new map

a huge part of survival games is resource farming and raiding for resources but they have been made almost worthless........

you have ruined a massive part of the game play by making the resource rates far to high its clear none of the dev's play this game

its a shame really i was hoping it would grow and become popular

there is a reason other survival games like Rust with 10x resource servers are never the most popular server types 

this is just annoying o well watch the game lose players at a extremely high rate again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daish said:

the massive amount of resources the insane amount of resources where you get so much iron from a single rock that you cant even move has killed this game before it even had a chance to relaunch with this new map

a huge part of survival games is resource farming and raiding for resources but they have been made almost worthless........

you have ruined a massive part of the game play by making the resource rates far to high its clear none of the dev's play this game

its a shame really i was hoping it would grow and become popular

there is a reason other survival games like Rust with 10x resource servers are never the most popular server types 

this is just annoying o well watch the game lose players at a extremely high rate again 

I entirely disagree with you, for me its a very welcome addition that i can focus on building my base and my ship instead of endless gathering, this is not farmville, if you like gathering so much farmville could satisfy you more than ATLAS.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

I entirely disagree with you, for me its a very welcome addition that i can focus on building my base and my ship instead of endless gathering, this is not farmville, if you like gathering so much farmville could satisfy you more than ATLAS.

the value of something is tied into how much effort you put into it 

do you know anything about the human fucking condition

if you are given 1 million dollars you are going to treat it far differently then if you earnt 1 million dollars

currently there is zero reason to raid other players for resources a huge part of the game has been removed

the amount of resources required to attack is also increased based on how fast players gain resources 

moving those resources is now the limiting factor

to attack you need to move resources

to defend your resources are already there

gameplay 

GAMEPLAY

GAMEPLAY IS A FUCKING THING and is tied into how easy it is to get resources 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Daish said:

the value of something is tied into how much effort you put into it 

do you know anything about the human fucking condition

if you are given 1 million dollars you are going to treat it far differently then if you earnt 1 million dollars

currently there is zero reason to raid other players for resources a huge part of the game has been removed

the amount of resources required to attack is also increased based on how fast players gain resources 

moving those resources is now the limiting factor

to attack you need to move resources

to defend your resources are already there

gameplay 

GAMEPLAY

GAMEPLAY IS A FUCKING THING and is tied into how easy it is to get resources 

You cant define value as a concept in a game like this that not only has already wiped 4 times but also make you lose all the time and effort you have invested if you stop playing it for 2 weeks (decay timers), this game simply takes the concept of value and uses it to wipe its ass with it.

That said you are probably one of the few players that raid others for resources, since release you would 100% of the times get more resources from gathering than from raiding and that goes without mentioning the fact that you would still need to transport those resources, in short a highly inefficient way to aquire resources.

To attack you only need metal for cannon balls and a ship, and you can get those gathered before departing, have you even seen a mega company have resources issues? ofc not.

Gamplay is tied to the SEA as this is a pirate game (supposedly)  the faster you get resources the earlier you get to start sailing around and the more incited you feel to take risks when attacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both points valid and easily rectified.

Wont explain how unless devs pay me $$ lol...

 

I ask again...

Did they implement tradewinds, farms, docks or warehouses?

Any info about it even released?...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daish said:

the massive amount of resources the insane amount of resources where you get so much iron from a single rock that you cant even move has killed this game before it even had a chance to relaunch with this new map

a huge part of survival games is resource farming and raiding for resources but they have been made almost worthless........

you have ruined a massive part of the game play by making the resource rates far to high its clear none of the dev's play this game

its a shame really i was hoping it would grow and become popular

there is a reason other survival games like Rust with 10x resource servers are never the most popular server types 

this is just annoying o well watch the game lose players at a extremely high rate again 

To be honest they were going to lose numbers regardless of what you were complaining about(I do agree with you though). This update was doomed when they just added a new map and used that as an excuse to wipe everyone again lol

oh there is less discovery points now? Yeah no shit you got rid of 104 servers I would be pissed if there were still the same amount of discovery points l so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

I entirely disagree with you, for me its a very welcome addition that i can focus on building my base and my ship instead of endless gathering, this is not farmville, if you like gathering so much farmville could satisfy you more than ATLAS.

On the other hand, the kraken has already been killed multiple times by now. That is just way and way too fast. I won’t be surprised if kraken V2 has already been killed. 
 

I kind of agree with OP. Back in the day when a Galleon was actually an accomplishment instead of a ship you build within 8 hours. Because ship pvp is so damn unrealistic in this game because you need a few thousand cannonball hits to kill a ship, the resource farming or atleast the resources needed to build a ship are unbalanced as shit. 
 

I think we all remember the update beginning of 2019 when they made the animals OP. Then everything went to shit for real. Our gold storage sky rocketed & we made Galleons by the hour. 
 

I think it’s just a matter of opinion, and it has also to do with the popularity of the game. When a lot of people play, you don’t want your resources too fast. But since nobody is playing... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't the resource rates that kill the game it's the fact you can literally do endgame stuff on day 1 like people collecting powerstones ffs and getting max level on day 1 it shouldn't even be remotely possible they should of wiped after stuff like that got addressed now by the end of the week I can guarantee that all bigger tribes will have full mythical ships etc and max lvl characters 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlaneer said:

It isn't the resource rates that kill the game it's the fact you can literally do endgame stuff on day 1 like people collecting powerstones ffs and getting max level on day 1 it shouldn't even be remotely possible they should of wiped after stuff like that got addressed now by the end of the week I can guarantee that all bigger tribes will have full mythical ships etc and max lvl characters 

To do "end game content" you only need a ship, any company with 5 members and experience in this game can make a good ship on day 1, hell some people have even soloed kraken with 2 brigs, also you get nothing aout of kraken no matter how many times you repeat it, only the first time gives you some discovery points a title and unlocks kraken 2.0, but thats about it. When i did the powerstones last time i was naked and using a raft, i only had to run past the mobs and reach it, in wich case how can anyone not do that on day 1?

Also remember people already had their ships and bases wich they farmed for, having a fast early start not only makes as a good compensation in my opinion but also allows new players to jump to the sea and fight asap.

Mega companies already had mythical ships and max level characters tho, the difference is that this time the rest of the companies might use theirs, i knew more than 1 company that built a mythical galleon only to have it hidden and never use it out of fear of losing it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

It isn't the resource rates that kill the game it's the fact you can literally do endgame stuff on day 1 like people collecting powerstones ffs and getting max level on day 1 it shouldn't even be remotely possible they should of wiped after stuff like that got addressed now by the end of the week I can guarantee that all bigger tribes will have full mythical ships etc and max lvl characters 

To be honest all of this has actually got me nostalgic for world of Warcraft again. I might have to get it again but start from scratch and not even use my old account. That was the good kind of grinding.

too bad they weren’t smart enough to use some of those mechanics such as real quests and so forth. Smh these guys just suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

To do "end game content" you only need a ship, any company with 5 members and experience in this game can make a good ship on day 1, hell some people have even soloed kraken with 2 brigs, also you get nothing aout of kraken no matter how many times you repeat it, only the first time gives you some discovery points a title and unlocks kraken 2.0, but thats about it. When i did the powerstones last time i was naked and using a raft, i only had to run past the mobs and reach it, in wich case how can anyone not do that on day 1?

Also remember people already had their ships and bases wich they farmed for, having a fast early start not only makes as a good compensation in my opinion but also allows new players to jump to the sea and fight asap.

Mega companies already had mythical ships and max level characters tho, the difference is that this time the rest of the companies might use theirs, i knew more than 1 company that built a mythical galleon only to have it hidden and never use it out of fear of losing it.

 

Exactly why the game in this state is broken and why they shouldn't of wiped it yet until them issues were addressed and then released a fresh map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They misjudged how it was going to play out, the devs thought everything was going to run ok, wrong.

Now they have a dilemma on their hands like they had with giving everyone claim flags to spam at the very start.

They have said they are focusing on PvP so can't see PvE getting any attention anytime soon if at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Never mind

Edited by Evir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...