Sign in to follow this  
Vincenttnecniv

Do we have a price for Xbox yet?

Yeah, that is high for a preview title. 

Bit greedy there considering they are looking to Xbox to save them from extinction.

30 euros for something you can completely know everything about right now. We gave 30 euros without knowing anything. I get that you guys have a xbox, but 30 euros shouldn’t be too much. 

I would expect to pay £40/50 for a finished AAA+ game upon release.

This is not a finished game. Think I will wait a little longer to see how this goes down on console before buying. 

I think it is priced a bit too high, for its current state. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Well actually you'll be surprised at how much enjoyment you will actually get out of it even though it isn't finished yet. Not only have you got official servers and private servers but you also have the option to play single player.

The game takes a long time to play, it is a grindy game but personally I love that even though I play alone or sometimes with a friend. You will never complete everything, there's always something else to do but hey that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own I guess, if you don't think it's worth buying then don't buy it.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Well actually you'll be surprised at how much enjoyment you will actually get out of it even though it isn't finished yet. Not only have you got official servers and private servers but you also have the option to play single player.

The game takes a long time to play, it is a grindy game but personally I love that even though I play alone or sometimes with a friend. You will never complete everything, there's always something else to do but hey that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own I guess, if you don't think it's worth buying then don't buy it.

and that was the problem with ark. every day i would log in and my gm would say alright we need metal, you need to grind out 10,000 pieces for our new turrets/bullets. I am sure there is some grind for cannonballs, and taming is simpler now. i just do not want that whole got to grind or get raided feeling again. I "hope" PVP is more relaxed than how ark was. After i quit ark and my tribe was wiped. So I joined into a random server and as soon as i spawned, BOOM dead by turrets because they had the spawns blocked on almost every server. I gave up after that. 

Edited by Excelex

There is nothing worth to play on the xbox store as of right now. Any price for any type of game that will enable the player will make money at this point. 

Edited by Excelex

38 minutes ago, Excelex said:

and that was the problem with ark. every day i would log in and my gm would say alright we need metal, you need to grind out 10,000 pieces for our new turrets/bullets. I am sure there is some grind for cannonballs, and taming is simpler now. i just do not want that whole got to grind or get raided feeling again. I "hope" PVP is more relaxed than how ark was. After i quit ark and my tribe was wiped. So I joined into a random server and as soon as i spawned, BOOM dead by turrets because they had the spawns blocked on almost every server. I gave up after that. 

Well of course if you play in a large company you will most likely get things given to you on a plate like weapons and ships etc without the huge working for it. I like working for resources and building, it gives more of a satisfaction but that's just me personally.

I never played Ark so I can't comment on what that game is like. I never play PvP in Atlas either, it's always PvE for me but if you start PvP on your own I don't think you will last long, i've heard you will be wiped out very quickly in Atlas also just like you say in Ark.

2 hours ago, NeedSmokes said:

I would expect to pay £40/50 for a finished AAA+ game upon release.

This is not a finished game. Think I will wait a little longer to see how this goes down on console before buying. 

I think it is priced a bit too high, for its current state. Time will tell.

It is priced at a discount, but based on its current state, I’d agree it’s still overpriced. If the amount of content were closer to what one could reasonably expect, it might be worth 30. Your approach sounds like a prudent one for you.

In the xbox store a fallout 76 download is £34.99, I picked it up on disc for £12.99. X box store downloads are always too expensive by far. I'm buying atlas to support the game especially as I'll be playing on both platforms, I wouldn't normally buy games from the xbox store otherwise. And they are still not advertising it in the xbox store yet, great marketing from microsoft eh.

Edited by Whitehawk

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

It is priced at a discount, but based on its current state, I’d agree it’s still overpriced. If the amount of content were closer to what one could reasonably expect, it might be worth 30. Your approach sounds like a prudent one for you.

it has 10x the content of sea of thieves which btw was 60 bucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

30 euros for something you can completely know everything about right now. We gave 30 euros without knowing anything. I get that you guys have a xbox, but 30 euros shouldn’t be too much. 

Even better. Xbox has game share so when my buddy buys it I can download it for free lol

The bottom line for me is I want Atlas to do well and improve where it needs to while I enjoy playing it( which I do). And the only way that's gonna happen is if people support it. Which a lot of us are.

LOL i thought this was a midnight release. here I am pounding an energy drink and a 5 hour. Now I just switched straight to beer.. Get bamboozled excelex.. get bamboozled.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

it has 10x the content of sea of thieves which btw was 60 bucks.

Never played Sea of Thieves so I will have to take your word for it, but I have played quite a few MMO's, and Atlas is pretty paltry in the content dept in comparison to games I have played.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Wow, yeah Ark blows.

I like Atlas. I play it a lot. It is not worth $30. It's worth $15, maybe $20.

Nah, ark doesn’t blow. It it actually blowed then there wouldn’t be as many people playing it.

ark was a one of a kind pure success, regardless of any bugs.

atlas is not. It was a complete flop. Can it live up to its predecessor? I sure hope so. I’ll have fun with it but if you want to talk about a success and a failure there is no comparison and there is no opinion.

ark was a success and so far atlas is a failure. That is fact.

30 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Never played Sea of Thieves so I will have to take your word for it, but I have played quite a few MMO's, and Atlas is pretty paltry in the content dept in comparison to games I have played.

Well since you haven’t played sea of thieves I would just like to add that you have some of the best pvp fun in the world on that game. 

The fact that after you die you already spawn back with another ship? Oh yeah, they are ready for another battle.

not only the grind but the fear of being wiped will ensure that atlas remains a mediocre game at best. People already did that with ark lol which leads to the “same old same old” regardless of Dinos vs pirates lol

it is the same thing as far as pvp goes. Wipe or get wiped with a different theme(skin) on it.

no originality whatsoever. It’s sad but who knows, maybe by phase 4 they can turn something very mediocre into a good game.

2 hours ago, Excelex said:

LOL i thought this was a midnight release. here I am pounding an energy drink and a 5 hour. Now I just switched straight to beer.. Get bamboozled excelex.. get bamboozled.

Yeah I tried to tell you.