Sign in to follow this  
boomervoncannon

Cobra overspawns since patch.

I've noticed dramatic increase in spawn rates of cobras this weekend since the last patch. At our small land base in K5, conditions have gone from killing one or two cobras every few hours to continuous fighting of them in groups of 3 or 4. They are destroying all other animals on the island and making gathering untenable. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Although not snakes, I have experienced a change in creature spawns but on the other end of the luck spectrum.  Hauled a load of honey six grids north and west in no wind to the stone outpost with built-in bear befriending zone.  It's all bunnies and sheep now with the occasional 3-pack of flying lions.

Cobra are the best, lots of meat, scale and xp. Way better then the usual army of pigs.

Now we need the spiders back in quantities and i am a happy hunter.

ALSO, did a bigger building complex decayed recently around your spot @boomervoncannon? It may have free up some spots.

3 hours ago, Kummba said:

Cobra are the best, lots of meat, scale and xp. Way better then the usual army of pigs.

Now we need the spiders back in quantities and i am a happy hunter.

ALSO, did a bigger building complex decayed recently around your spot @boomervoncannon? It may have free up some spots.

No in fact the opposite. It was just us and one other group on the island, but over the weekend a third company has settled here and started a modest base.

Ah just like the bad old days again huh. Cobras are my least favorite aggro predator with their damn wall hacks and glitch teleporting. Did they ever fix their collision detection or is it still past the center of their body so they can attack through walls/foundations? 

I'm so glad there are none near me. 

6 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

Ah just like the bad old days again huh. Cobras are my least favorite aggro predator with their damn wall hacks and glitch teleporting. Did they ever fix their collision detection or is it still past the center of their body so they can attack through walls/foundations? 

I'm so glad there are none near me. 

Nope, they haven't been fixed what so ever. Also still can't hit them with hardly at all if they are on any kind of slope. Shoot arrows at them on a slope and they just stick in their head without doing any damage. Pretty funny to see a cobra slithering around with 10 arrows in it's head at 100% hit points.

We don't have many snakes on our island, however I can confirm, even non hostile animals are spawning much more often then before.    Something was tweaked.