Nari

Aging

Not sure exactly how it works. Passage of time or time spent in game or what, but 11 years in 5 days seem a little excessive don't you think? At this rate I'll be 80 by the end of January.

Good point.. Was talked about having kids that continue after you.. how can I get kids? need female player? how does sex work anyways lol?

if you die what happen to all your claim,stuff etc?

it's just cosmetic right now, the entire system will be rolled out but I wouldn't expect it soon.

Just look forward to a server full of wrinkled up old people crapping themselves to death from vitamin deficiencies in the next week or so.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, darcek said:

bump for an answer

Don't think they've made a detailed statement on that topic as of yet. Probably be implemented down the line.

I'm bumping this simply for awareness. I am now 51 and with each passing day I fear death is ever closer (jk) Seriously, cut aging in half or all the way down to 25% or 10% this is ridiculous! I get it, character legacy and all but I plan to stick around throughout EA. Am I to assume that in that time I would have a bloodline spanning 25 generations if legacy is implemented?

Edit: I would also like to ask what purpose this serves. Is this a way to mindwipe your toon so to speak without the need to re-roll?

Edited by Nari

On 12/27/2018 at 6:46 AM, darcek said:

how does sex work anyways lol?

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much...

• Haha 3

Just push for them to scrap the age mechanic, and have the fountain of youth let you rebirth your character, aka : let you recustomize them from scratch. 

It adds nothing to the game, and they're just trying to copy another survival MMO that isn't even out yet.

Most people don't want an age mechanic; especially in a game where people are trying to solidify a pirate legend.

You've got two types of people : 

-People who don't care about cosmetics

AND

-People who do care about cosmetics.

People who don't care about cosmetics don't care either way. People who do are annoyed their character either had to look old/young when they don't want them to. So it pleases no one, and only serves to annoy people who care what their character looks like.

Edited by Adfax

youth potion incoming for the cash shop, would be my guess.

have no other idea why they leave it in the game in its current state, seems like we all will be 100 years soon if there is a cap or even older.

thou i would like to see aging and raising children to pass/teach them skills for a head start with the next character together with a skill system where you earn skill points for a skill tree by using skills from this tree and level up lets say captaineering. cant be a good captain without a ship to sail around aye?

i like the aging mechanic. but I would prefer that characters age realistically..you know 1 year = 365 days. buy now we should just be reaching our 1st year in game.

Im looking forward to this aswell o.O ... Kinda hope they'll make it so we inherrit some of the skills from our parents, which are auto-added onto our new-born skill trees ... Like, growing an epic character...
I mean.... Mom, who's a captain spec, dad who is shipwright spec = Baby with hard-coded skills in those areas from birth, not costing skillpoints... mmmm nom nom nom ♥

30 minutes ago, Rita Longlegs said:

Im looking forward to this aswell o.O ... Kinda hope they'll make it so we inherrit some of the skills from our parents, which are auto-added onto our new-born skill trees ... Like, growing an epic character...
I mean.... Mom, who's a captain spec, dad who is shipwright spec = Baby with hard-coded skills in those areas from birth, not costing skillpoints... mmmm nom nom nom ♥

I promise you it will not be anything like that. It will literally just be : your character dies, you make a new one at the same level.

Making the whole process a waste of time..

Anyone who had done any research on pirates would know this :

1.They don't grow old. They average a lifespan ,at the most, around 3 years from the start of their careers. So although they might start their career at an old age, they sure as hell won't be looking any physically older during the course of it.

2.They don't have infamous/legendary children

Meaning this age mechanic is poorly fit for this game. 

If we were playing a game with kings and queens, like say.. .Bannerlord? Then maybe it would fit. But this? No. It is just a needless bit of annoyance that brings nothing to the gameplay but less cosmetic options.

Edited by Adfax