Remo

Schrodinger's cargo box

tested a few times, if you dump cargo rack in water, and then retrieve it, you lose mats, i did this anchored, tested it with 500 wood, when dropped in water cargo container lost 150 wood . Also evertime subsequently dropped and retrieved it lost more wood it went from   500 to 350 to 245 to 171 to 119.

now here the kicker, if you release the cargo box, and retrieve it without looking inside it while its in the water it doesnt lose any mats, but if you open up the inventory while its in the water then retrieve it it loses mats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButtPirate said:

makes perfect sense, when you open in water shit will fall out.

I bet you're one of those "The Earth goes around the Sun" crackpots too, aren't you?

57 minutes ago, sacreddingo said:

actually Velius what he said makes perfect sense

The joke.

It was subtle.

But not that subtle.

Missed it you did.

• Haha 1

I'm guessing that opening the cargo somehow triggers a "this is flotsam" flag on the container, and that flotsam reduced the cargo within by a percentage. I'm also willing to entertain the possibility of a quantum physics explanation.

Just now, Kast said:

I'm guessing that opening the cargo somehow triggers a "this is flotsam" flag on the container, and that flotsam reduced the cargo within by a percentage. I'm also willing to entertain the possibility of a quantum physics explanation.

Your first sentence sounds eminently sensible and a great guess I would never have come up with. Your second sentence makes my head aspload.

just to clarify you cant retrieve the mats from your container in the water, you can just look into the inventory, i dont know if enemy players can retrieve from inventory in water but no one in same company can.

1 minute ago, Remo said:

just to clarify you cant retrieve the mats from your container in the water, you can just look into the inventory, i dont know if enemy players can retrieve from inventory in water but no one in same company can.

i noticed that i was checking the mechanics of it, i put some stuff in there and now i have that floating in our harbor and can't loot it lol

Open in the water? We dropped a box in our harbour. It was possible to take a look inside, but not allowed to take out something. Only when connected to the ship and when it's anchored.