reapo

WTF WHERE IS MY SHIP?!?!?!

Is what I woulda said if this happened to me, but anyways, how are ships protected if you are offline (and your company is offline) and some guy sailing by just wants to be mister popular and sink my ship by whatever means (ramming over and over again, fire arrows, cannon fire, who knows). I log back in and my ship has just disappeared.

To put it in perspective, my company has about 12 members I think and we did a moderate amount of farming and it took about 7 hours to complete (it was a schooner build). The resource son the island had everything we needed besides the metal, but we had plenty that we brought from other locations. I'm sure with a big company and plenty of resources, the job could probably done much quicker, but the main point is that for some players, a ton of work is going to disappear like a whisper in the wind.

Was wondering if there are any counter measures in place to avoid stuff like this happening.

Also make sure someone is online 24/7 babysitting and repairing your ships around the clock. Cause that's fun. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Naviss said:

Also make sure someone is online 24/7 babysitting and repairing your ships around the clock. Cause that's fun. 🙂

Not really. inspect the ship before you depart, and keep an eye on the ships state.

If you anchor your ship it hardly decays.

Maybe you should get some more knowledge before shouting things.

• Like 1

Lots of people have been reporting ships deteriorating rapidly, and since last patch there are also reports of ships that were fine immediately before the patch sank when they logged back in.

I can personally confirm that every single ship that was in the L5 Freeport on Kraken's Maw that was there when the server went down this morning is now sunk.  Probably upwards of a hundred rafts including mine disappeared and over a dozen larger ships are wreckage sitting on the bottom right now.  

13 minutes ago, warhealer said:

Not really. inspect the ship before you depart, and keep an eye on the ships state.

Somebody posted a video earlier of an anchored schooner deteriorating faster than they could repair and sinking in the space of ten minutes.  Also see my above post.  There's definitely a major issue here.

3 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Lots of people have been reporting ships deteriorating rapidly, and since last patch there are also reports of ships that were fine immediately before the patch sank when they logged back in.

I can personally confirm that every single ship that was in the L5 Freeport on Kraken's Maw that was there when the server went down this morning is now sunk.  Probably upwards of a hundred rafts including mine disappeared and over a dozen larger ships are wreckage sitting on the bottom right now.  

Somebody posted a video earlier of an anchored schooner deteriorating faster than they could repair and sinking in the space of ten minutes.  Also see my above post.  There's definitely a major issue here.

I'm aware of that, our company lost a schooner as well.

and after all we found out that we almost never inspected the ship and had damaged planks somewhere.

And yes i saw that stream live, i saw it happening.. we still don't have any proof what exactly happened there.. but i suspect a bug.

And keep in mind that it is early acces and they are working their booty off to fix major issues, especially server issues atm.

It will be fixed I'm sure of that.

Decay is an issue. In my opinion the raft decay is fine and necessary, but for every ship above that... at this point we have 3 schooners and almost all we do is checking on them, repairing, and repeat. I get the decay, but nobody wants it to control the game. 

Decay when the ship is stable and ankered shouldn’t be in the game or extremely slow. Decay can be more when you’re travelling in a storm or something

• Like 1

Just so everyone knows, if you make a raft in freeport and it stays for 8 hrs, its gone period, regardless of its health. Rafts last days out in the other regions. If you bring ships into freeport. Same thing, shorter time limit. They don't even get destroyed they get removed. A lot of people are losing like hours worth of work because they bring in multiple sloops or schooners and just spend the day on freeport collecting every resource possible and then heading out to where ever the base is and then losing all of that because they went past the time limit.

1 hour ago, Gavdav said:

So what is the best way to secure my ship when crew is offline?

i would like to know the answer aswell

40 minutes ago, Moon man said:

i would like to know the answer aswell

The biggest PvP groups think things are great they can keep us oppressed because we can't catch up because they will continue to destroy our progress and so in turn people who are more progressed then others with turn around and take there frustrations on the next level of people below them its a great cycle of grief this game is promoting...

My first ship level 28 raft with 2 containers plus crafting stations last 2 days...  Since then My rafts are lasting far less time and the mysterious disappearing locked box is becoming far more frequent...

There is simply no way to protect your stuff...  Go to a free port it gets deleted...  Go to a golden ruins and they changed the mechanics so people can steal your ships there... Go to a lawless zone nope thats not the answer either... park in the middle of the ocean nope that wont work...  claim a base on the shore nope nowhere to claim and if you did you would just be inviting an even larger order of grief upon yourself and for what!!!  They will come place there claim flags destroy your beds, take or loot or destroy your ships and leave the buildings etc because who cares the only point was to grief...  and the next day the next group comes along and griefs the same place after they attempt to rebuild....

There is simply no safety the only safety is to be logged in 24/7 sailing your ship with the wind around the globe so its never in one place to be griefed....  This is the only safety and thats impossible if your solo...

11 hours ago, warhealer said:

Given the limited gameplay I'm allowed to have, I can tell you that my raft has decayed fully 6 times in the past few days. That's the knowledge I've learned from playing myself and watching it happen. As I'll shout what I've seen with my own eyes from my own gameplay each time. 🙂 

All within 6 hours. In either a port or on the coast of a island maybe 300 feet from shore with anchor down. And points into sturdiness. 

They may have changed it now but for the first 3 days that's how it was for me, So either I have / had a bug or glitch. Or that's how it is.

Edited by Naviss

Its not a fun mechanic. It does not add anything to the gameplay it only makes it harder and it takes time. A raft is easly repaired but larger ships are just a pain in the ass. I cant play every day what means: ill lose any/every ship i make. So fun

34 minutes ago, Naviss said:

Given the limited gameplay I'm allowed to have, I can tell you that my raft has decayed fully 6 times in the past few days. That's the knowledge I've learned from playing myself and watching it happen. As I'll shout what I've seen with my own eyes from my own gameplay each time. 🙂 

All within 6 hours. In either a port or on the coast of a island maybe 300 feet from shore with anchor down. And points into sturdiness. 

They may have changed it now but for the first 3 days that's how it was for me, So either I have / had a bug or glitch. Or that's how it is.

Yeah i know, there is something funky going on.. i hope they  look into it soon

20 hours ago, reapo said:

Is what I woulda said if this happened to me, but anyways, how are ships protected if you are offline (and your company is offline) and some guy sailing by just wants to be mister popular and sink my ship by whatever means (ramming over and over again, fire arrows, cannon fire, who knows). I log back in and my ship has just disappeared.

To put it in perspective, my company has about 12 members I think and we did a moderate amount of farming and it took about 7 hours to complete (it was a schooner build). The resource son the island had everything we needed besides the metal, but we had plenty that we brought from other locations. I'm sure with a big company and plenty of resources, the job could probably done much quicker, but the main point is that for some players, a ton of work is going to disappear like a whisper in the wind.

Was wondering if there are any counter measures in place to avoid stuff like this happening.

Trust me, the second you leave that lawless zone and get into open waters, your boat is all but gone anyways. There's duped pirate ships decked out to the gills everywhere that'll run you down in seconds, canon ball your ship and sink it in seconds. 

I'd be perfect fine with that since I'm actually there experiencing it. But like with what I said earlier, happened to me. Me and my group build a schooner (our first last night) took most of the day too, since we kept running outta metal for the panel. We sailed her out for a little bit, came back, emptied her out so there was nothing on the ship. One of our friends that was online told us the next day that some ass wipe came by in a little raft, parked it next to our ship and put a hole in it with stone tools. He was there for hours, but he put a hole in it and sunk beneath the waters.

I ❤️ game! XD anyways, me and my group are going to try a different method to protect our shit this time so hopefully that works and we wont get hardcore griefed lol.

Edited by reapo