Sign in to follow this  
Zlatan

yawn

Hahahah I am having my morning coffee and went to bed early last night hoping to wake up to see a download on the beta branch...Looks like another day of watching game of thrones.

• Haha 1

Ohh a new forum to complain in.. kewl.

Surprised noone has posted a bug in PTR Bug Reports "PTR is not working!!"

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

They just posted on twitter that they haven't even 'began to cook a release candidate' yet, so it would be 'several more hours' for the launch.

Idk guys... I'm so discouraged. I don't even know why I want to try it to be honest. Whats the point? By now I'm playing other games, and as much as I liked Atlas, so much time has passed I'm almost just over it.

They should never have went so long between their 'we're wiping you' and the actual release of anything.

I don't think these devs realize what they've done. And their ideas for the pve claim system suck. No one wants to live under someone else's thumb, let alone pay their 'taxes'. We get enough of that shit in real life in the form of tax season, rent/mortgages and all of the taxes paid on everything we buy. Who wants that crap in a game, too?

• Like 2

This kind of work takes time, the biggest problem in developing games, are community managers who keep saying YES to the community and making promises the developers themselves cannot keep.  It will take time.  People might give bosses an estimate of several hours, because that's what they know the boss wants to hear, but it doesn't make anything go any faster.. except maybe in hollywood movies. If someone says it'll take 3 days and they respond you have 1.. it'll still take 3 days.

It'll be out when it's out.  Until then we wait and complain about it.  That's the human way!!

Edited by Martyn

5 hours ago, Martyn said:

Ohh a new forum to complain in.. kewl.

Surprised noone has posted a bug in PTR Bug Reports "PTR is not working!!"

Turns out I didn't need to wait long..

23 hours ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

They just posted on twitter that they haven't even 'began to cook a release candidate' yet, so it would be 'several more hours' for the launch.

Idk guys... I'm so discouraged. I don't even know why I want to try it to be honest. Whats the point? By now I'm playing other games, and as much as I liked Atlas, so much time has passed I'm almost just over it.

They should never have went so long between their 'we're wiping you' and the actual release of anything.

I don't think these devs realize what they've done. And their ideas for the pve claim system suck. No one wants to live under someone else's thumb, let alone pay their 'taxes'. We get enough of that shit in real life in the form of tax season, rent/mortgages and all of the taxes paid on everything we buy. Who wants that crap in a game, too?

since they seem to play only in pvp they have very obvious problems in understanding what people playing PvE wants, only 2 types of people play this type of game, people who likes drama, fights and conflict and want to stand above others and people who wants stability, long term progression, and enjoy building, trading, exploring, but for some unknown reason they just dont get it, people wanted buildings decay gone, instead they added it to boats too, people wanted trading instead they added a trade NPC at each port completely killing trade, people needed a exploration revamp to make it fun and worthwhile and instead they just added a new area while exploration is still boring as hell, also hidding the submarine behind the kraken fight, to be honest i was so eager for a pirate related game with naval combat that i never would have expected a game exactly like what i was looking for to be so boring and lack of meaning, i feel very sad about what this could have been but we have to be realistic and accept that this developers just lack the insight of what pve gamers expect of this game

• Like 1

I appreciate that they've added new quests and such, and while I'm not happy about how you get the sub, At least its not super easy to get either. 

As far as their new revamp on what PvE will be, I'm on the ptr and I can already tell there will NOT be enough land to claim. I feel like they are forcing people to have to build on an island owned by someone else, not understanding that a lot of us will NOT do that. We don't want to Lord over anyone, nor do we want to be Lorded over, either. We just want to do our own thing, and trust me: We will all find a way to do just that. I, personally, won't be forced into anything. Or I simply won't play this game. 

The trade thing: How disappointing. They've killed trade on PvE. But I guarentee you if we all work together, we can find a way to circumvent this, and do it our way. We just gotta make a stand. It won't be exactly how we want it, but it doesn't have to be what they have planned either. 

Land: I'll build in a lawless region or live off of my ship LONG before I live under someone else's rule. Period. 

Exploration: Wouldn't it be fun if some companies took blueprints and such they don't need, and just left it in a little unlocked storage box hidden on islands for others to find? At least then when exploring an island for discoveries, it would add an extra element. 

Point is, We CAN turn PvE into something WE want, but we would all have to work together to do it. We'd have to literally and figuratively 'make a stand', and show the Devs what we want. 

And even if they don't notice, at least we're finding a way to do it on OUR terms. ya know?

They want 'neighborhoods'.... well then... lol

1 hour ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

I appreciate that they've added new quests and such, and while I'm not happy about how you get the sub, At least its not super easy to get either. 

As far as their new revamp on what PvE will be, I'm on the ptr and I can already tell there will NOT be enough land to claim. I feel like they are forcing people to have to build on an island owned by someone else, not understanding that a lot of us will NOT do that. We don't want to Lord over anyone, nor do we want to be Lorded over, either. We just want to do our own thing, and trust me: We will all find a way to do just that. I, personally, won't be forced into anything. Or I simply won't play this game. 

The trade thing: How disappointing. They've killed trade on PvE. But I guarentee you if we all work together, we can find a way to circumvent this, and do it our way. We just gotta make a stand. It won't be exactly how we want it, but it doesn't have to be what they have planned either.  

Land: I'll build in a lawless region or live off of my ship LONG before I live under someone else's rule. Period.  

Exploration: Wouldn't it be fun if some companies took blueprints and such they don't need, and just left it in a little unlocked storage box hidden on islands for others to find? At least then when exploring an island for discoveries, it would add an extra element.  

Point is, We CAN turn PvE into something WE want, but we would all have to work together to do it. We'd have to literally and figuratively 'make a stand', and show the Devs what we want.  

And even if they don't notice, at least we're finding a way to do it on OUR terms. ya know? 

They want 'neighborhoods'.... well then... lol

the problem i personally have with that philosophy is that one would usually make a stand for something that is worth fighting for in this particular case i believe the idea the developers have for the future of game is way to distant from what me my friends and in my opinion most PvE players are looking for, so as an analogy: when your crush is not into you i believe is wiser to just accept it let go and move on than to try to force yourself into her heart, right?

you seem to have a clear insight of what i am talking about, so if you decide to make a stand on this game i wish you the best of luck, but if by anychance you decide you wanna move on, i suggest you to  buy "Satisfactory" while the genre itself might not feel like your cup of tea at first and even tho its in early access the developers a very serious and professional and have created a nice game that can keep you entertained for at least 200+ hrs in its current state (content is comes in every month) and probably 300-400 hr once its finished. while not a MMO still a great game.

have a nice day

Its not about 'making a stand', its about giving ourselves what we want, since the Devs aren't really listening to us so much. 

like @Winter Thorne suggested with the mail system, and my suggestions of trade centers and such, its about giving ourselves these things. Not only because it would make some things a whole lot easier and help with socialization, but also because it gives us all something more to do in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Sansa Phoenix said:

Its not about 'making a stand', its about giving ourselves what we want, since the Devs aren't really listening to us so much. 

like @Winter Thorne suggested with the mail system, and my suggestions of trade centers and such, its about giving ourselves these things. Not only because it would make some things a whole lot easier and help with socialization, but also because it gives us all something more to do in the game. 

Agreed.  I mean, the game systems do have to support this up to a point, but being open world and part sandbox, this IS how the game is supposed to be played, with players coming up with their own ideas to enrich the game.  It's much more fun traveling around a varied world with players doing creative things.  People think of "content" in pve like "Go kill X and get Y", which gets really old after a while.  Players can create a lot more content in a lot more interesting ways.

And as we go, we bug the devs for design changes we need to do more and better things.  If the devs provide the mechanics and the players provide the creative content. things get interesting.

When it comes to core game mechanics, then yeah..things like the claim system...some of us are making a stand on that, because what's been put out there so far is disappointing.  (Not disappointing enough to give up yet and go play a game of widget factories.  If there are two genres I find boring, it's industrial and dinosaurs 😁 )

(Hey now.... I love my dinos! Lol)

He is right. 

We could all have a LOT of fun on the creative train. Just gotta have enough ppl willing to do it.