Sign in to follow this  
stevenjosue

Claimed ships in pve

Good I do the post because I have several days trying to claim some boats from a company that lived next to my base but when I got on the ship I am floating and will not let me put the flag. They know how is the correct way to claim boats in the pve thanks in advance

Think you can claim rafts only.  I'm sure I've claimed someones raft.. or maybe I'm misremembering doing it in ark.  Since I've been playing abit of that as atlas wasn't quite what I wanted it to be.

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

Think you can claim rafts only.  I'm sure I've claimed someones raft.. or maybe I'm misremembering doing it in ark.  Since I've been playing abit of that as atlas wasn't quite what I wanted it to be.

Could claim any ship before they added in all the exploit deterrents, because you could board the ship and place the flag. The ships owner had to have been offline(out of render) for over a week to claim it.

13 hours ago, blitzed909 said:

there is no way to claim ships in pve at this time, sorry

And tbh i agree with it... And they should do the same for tames... i cant agree on "free ships/animals".

If you want "things", go play and earn them 😉

• Like 1

I can’t agree with them being abandoned and left to starve, if I could claim ships if for no other reason then to move them out of my way I’d be happy, since people have left the game, it’s been fun going around and collecting some tames people have left behind.  I was in the taming skill line and spent time like everyone else going from area to area looking for what I wanted, this is so much easier!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trev2000 said:

And tbh i agree with it... And they should do the same for tames... i cant agree on "free ships/animals".

It isn't really about getting free stuff.

It's about keeping the server tidy.  You can sink the ships and kill the animals after claiming them.  OR put up with them hanging around for weeks to decay naturally.

18 hours ago, Martyn said:

It isn't really about getting free stuff.

It's about keeping the server tidy.  You can sink the ships and kill the animals after claiming them.  OR put up with them hanging around for weeks to decay naturally.

Thats easy to fix, they only need to do same they did on ARK.

When the timer its over, the animals/ships just vanish/despawn....  easy fix

• Like 1

21 hours ago, trev2000 said:

You miss the point of being pirate?  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

You miss the point of being pirate?  

you miss the point of PVE.  You can go be a pirate raiding and pillaging and stealing ships in PVP

• Like 3

They could implement piracy in pve, I’d love to go toe to toe my npc crew against SOTD crew and winning one of those ships to sail around the seas.   They could always have npc  villagers to plunder from, towns to raid in a quest line, they could implement all kinds of different ideas, look at Morrowind, Oblivion and titles like that where you could do whatever your hearts desire was.

• Like 1

No way to claim ships atm. previously I claimed a raft after it was abandoned for weeks (to scuttle), but now I have a raft left in my docks with no way to remove it. Can not claim or demo it at all after weeks of sitting there. 

This worries me since it can easily be used  to grief people, block ports or surround galleons and brigs. 

20 hours ago, Meerkat said:

This worries me since it can easily be used  to grief people, block ports or surround galleons and brigs. 

Agree, and ppl already doing that....

On 4/1/2019 at 11:17 PM, Meerkat said:

No way to claim ships atm. previously I claimed a raft after it was abandoned for weeks (to scuttle), but now I have a raft left in my docks with no way to remove it. Can not claim or demo it at all after weeks of sitting there. 

Hello,

Unless they fixed it (I stopped playing a few days after they announced the wipe), you can destroy boats in pve if you are in a zone with rain.

Tornados damage anchored boats and boats on shipyards.

So all you need to do is park a cheap boat next to the one you want to destroy and teleport on it and unanchor every time it rains.

It is slow but we almost lost a galleon and a schooner this way (they started leaking) so it works... or worked.

Best regards.

Albibak