wolverenre

To much time between telling us there will be a wipe and the wipe

well this game is not the first to do this and wont be the last but having so much time between telling everyone and the actual wipe will mean  a lot of people will stop playing and find something else to play and may not come back.

Gamers are fickle folk and get board easily,a week or at the most two weeks notice would be perfect, you may think we will make the game how we like and take all the time we need thats fine, but take that time to make the game update right then tell us about a wipe not tell us then leave us hanging.

or you may be thinking we have there money now so who cares what they think, i have played a lot of alphas and betas in my time and wipes bugs etc are normal and the update looks good and you have put a lot of work into it but the longevity of a game is down to the playable content and keeping the gamers hooked by making things interested and having a goal to achieve weather a game one or a personal one, but when a wipe is announced people will start to take things easy because anything they build-capture or tame  will be gone.

i like the game lots to do but for the love of GRUD in future please do not leave so long between announcement and wipe.

p.s a free submarine would be nice 😁😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolverenre said:

well this game is not the first to do this and wont be the last but having so much time between telling everyone and the actual wipe will mean  a lot of people will stop playing and find something else to play and may not come back.

Gamers are fickle folk and get board easily,a week or at the most two weeks notice would be perfect, you may think we will make the game how we like and take all the time we need thats fine, but take that time to make the game update right then tell us about a wipe not tell us then leave us hanging.

or you may be thinking we have there money now so who cares what they think, i have played a lot of alphas and betas in my time and wipes bugs etc are normal and the update looks good and you have put a lot of work into it but the longevity of a game is down to the playable content and keeping the gamers hooked by making things interested and having a goal to achieve weather a game one or a personal one, but when a wipe is announced people will start to take things easy because anything they build-capture or tame  will be gone.

i like the game lots to do but for the love of GRUD in future please do not leave so long between announcement and wipe.

I completely disagree!

They should make it clear if and when all wipes will happen. And do it today. Let people make an informed decision if they are going to spend their time here.

What you see right now with the population is what happens when people have the chance to make an informed decision. And you are suggesting some kind of back handed child psychology.

The biggest problem here is that it was not clear to so many people in advance.

If they do it your way, there will be more people that will complain about it for a ‘last minute announcement.’

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

If they do it your way, there will be more people that will complain about it for a ‘last minute announcement.’

*complains about Perci only making this observation now, instead of 3 weeks ago.*

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

*complains about Perci only making this observation now, instead of 3 weeks ago.*

Yes, but I’m not a game changer or the reason people may or may not stop. 

Atleast I hope so. 

as a 3 year ark server owner admin...

only ever announce a wipe 2-3 days ahead tops. or I found it better to just say. " stuff is broke. gotta wipe it....sorry" a few people will stomp off in a huff but MOST will only get a little grumpy then get back to rebuilding better than the last base or getting a better base spot and whatnot. whenever I made the mistake of announcing wipe too early...the servers became ghost towns. EVERY TIME

• Like 2

I agree that shorter time would be prefered, right now private servers are dead in waiting for wipe.

That it would be a wipe should not have been a surprise at all, that should have been understod because its Alpha/Beta, people that think they will get a full release have nothing to do in an Alpha/Beta from the start 😛

On 3/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, wolverenre said:

Nope! You get a special rare hat! That only EA people will get, which looks like none other! (whispering- Until it's reskinned later many times for OTHER special rare occassions.)

:classic_tongue:

Edited by Eve BlackVeil

Yeah, each day I care less about this game and am starting to play other games.

Ever few days I'll come back and see if they have their sh*t together and I see more delays.

I wish I could ask for my money back.  This isn't early access, this is pay to beta test.  Just awful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorelander said:

Yeah, each day I care less about this game and am starting to play other games.

Ever few days I'll come back and see if they have their sh*t together and I see more delays.

I wish I could ask for my money back.  This isn't early access, this is pay to beta test.  Just awful.

Yes, the game lost its momentum. I played it a lot, way too much to be fair. Looking at it now it had way too many bugs and problems and i had to spend way too much time with maintenance. A bit like waking up next to a very ugly person after a long drunken night out. Time to sneak out 😉

• Haha 1