Bullet Force

Multi Server Types - A Change For Good

The split of the servers is a nice idea -IF- the Mega tribes would have been interested to fight each other, they are not so much interested in doing that, they prefer hit soft targets (small groups) so i  believe these mega-tribes will either play only on colonies as multiple smaller groups, working together or play on both servers. 

This is not something that has an easy fix, unless there is a game mechanic that does not allow groups that are not officially allied to work together in any way, not seeing how that could be achieved,

35 minutes ago, MajorAvatar said:

The split of the servers is a nice idea -IF- the Mega tribes would have been interested to fight each other, they are not so much interested in doing that, they prefer hit soft targets (small groups) so i  believe these mega-tribes will either play only on colonies as multiple smaller groups, working together or play on both servers. 

This is not something that has an easy fix, unless there is a game mechanic that does not allow groups that are not officially allied to work together in any way, not seeing how that could be achieved,

no, most mega members did want to play in smaller groups, but they got forced to play in megas to have some more security against offline raids etc.

everyone has said megatribe in this thread about 100x, I'm in a small company, about 60 members, maybe 15 active at night, nobody on in morning.  what is a mega tribe, we're part of a huge alliance but in the biggest clan I wouldnt guess they have more than 50 active.

colonies is new ruleset so that is 250 per company, not a big deal, the biggest hit for mega tribe is they cant have 12 smaller company in line w/ them now and 10 diff alliances.

guess my question is, who here is in a megatribe? whats player count?  why do we need empires when from what ive seen of the game we don't even have these so called mega tribes.

Oh wait, still reading? china is a mega tribe, chine is crying, lets call it what it is, empires is china server, we (english speaking) get colonies, that works, can we finally region lock empires to asia now?

ps china doesnt vote in reddit poles, they dont read english.

Good point and true as the experience from Ark teaches us. Humans will always find workarounds in case of restrictions.

This is why Colonies will fail.

Empire will not fail, as there are no restrictions and just free clash of powers.

Lots of opportunities even for small groups and solo players.

For example i robbed the tax bank of a mega day by day and they couldnot stop that or find the robber. Super funnny when they suspected the other mega on the island and started a war.

Well, after that i robbed both tax banks 😂

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Good point and true as the experience from Ark teaches us. Humans will always find workarounds in case of restrictions.

Empire will not fail, as there are no restrictions and just free clash of powers.

For example i robbed the tax bank of a mega day by day and they couldnot stop that or find the robber. Super funnny when they suspected the other mega on the island and started a war.

I don't think it will fail like you fail.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

The problem for the colonies servers will be the player base in particular the huge gulf between different player types. There are two types of player that will play on there. The first is the PVE player that is basically bored of PVE and wants to experience risk free PVP. (This category also includes PVE players that are in self denial). The second is the proper PVP player that hasn't got the time to commit to the hardcore server.

Now it is pretty obvious what the result will be when these two groups clash. Even having a raid window, timers and all that protectionist crap still isn't going to be enough save the PVE player because fundamentally they lack the right mentality for PVP. From the their badly designed bases, to what skills they prioritize in to their lack of understanding of game mechanics, the PVE player simply does not stand a chance.

The end result will  be a large volume of players transferring back to PVE servers carrying with them a few black eyes and a lot of tears.

Edited by Bullet Force

5 hours ago, baconfudge said:

everyone has said megatribe in this thread about 100x, I'm in a small company, about 60 members, maybe 15 active at night, nobody on in morning.  what is a mega tribe, we're part of a huge alliance but in the biggest clan I wouldnt guess they have more than 50 active.

colonies is new ruleset so that is 250 per company, not a big deal, the biggest hit for mega tribe is they cant have 12 smaller company in line w/ them now and 10 diff alliances.

Wrong. They will still do that it just won't be an official alliance. If I had a mega tribe of say 1000 players, all I would need to do circumvent that restriction is split it into 4 tribes. There is nothing in the rules to stop tribes doing that and if they do create a rule as ARK proved its very hard to enforce if not actively monitored.

Colonies in time will come to be dominated by large groups officially independent of one another but in reality a large blob all working together. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

Wrong. They will still do that it just won't be an official alliance. If I had a mega tribe of say 1000 players, all I would need to do circumvent that restriction is split it into 4 tribes. There is nothing in the rules to stop tribes doing that and if they do create a rule as ARK proved its very hard to enforce if not actively monitored.

Colonies in time will come to be dominated by large groups officially independent of one another but in reality a large blob all working together. 

Correct, thats why i will stay on Empires and have my peace 👌

• Like 1

I'd have to imagine in somewhere besides bizarro world. They will retract the empire server idea after the current feedback from here and reddit.

But Atlas is bizarro world...

11 hours ago, Talono said:

Correct, thats why i will stay on Empires and have my peace 👌

You will have a lot of pvp on an empty servers 😉

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

what i am eluding to is who has 1000 players except for china and probably not even them?  1000 players, seriously, where are they, cause i watch the grid populations and there isn't even 1000 players on the server (before wipe info).  so this case study of these megatribes is academic because there isn't 1000 player companies, in what reality is there going to be that many people buying/playing atlas anytime in the future.  the user base consensus is this game is going downhill fast.

2 hours ago, baconfudge said:

what i am eluding to is who has 1000 players except for china and probably not even them?  1000 players, seriously, where are they, cause i watch the grid populations and there isn't even 1000 players on the server (before wipe info).  so this case study of these megatribes is academic because there isn't 1000 player companies, in what reality is there going to be that many people buying/playing atlas anytime in the future.  the user base consensus is this game is going downhill fast.

Actually, before they capped the companies to 250 there was at least 2 full 500 man chineese companies in the northwest allied. Perhaps more I cant say. Maybe 1000s is a little overblown, but not by much. All these people still own the game. 

On 3/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, baconfudge said:

1000 players, seriously, where are they, cause i watch the grid populations and there isn't even 1000 players on the server (before wipe info). 

i'm too lazy to go back and look . . . but if i recall, unless you are talking about a specific date and time, there were well over 1k players on the NA PVP server . . . even just the other day. 

On 3/20/2019 at 11:01 AM, Talono said:

gotta love when someone claims that megas NEVER fight other megas ( complete BS btw ), and someone else counters with a made up story about how they were so smart that they were able to rob on mega and get them to fight another mega, all while profiting in the background ( again, complete bs ). 

On 3/20/2019 at 2:55 AM, MajorAvatar said:

lol, let me guess . . . lawless and solo??!!!?!?