Sign in to follow this  
Pirate Hawkins

PVE Settlement Questions

Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it. Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike. This exists as an anti-griefing mechanism. On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

So I build for 11 hr 45 min on a island before someone claims it, does that start the 12 hour countdown timer or am I good in 15 min?

Edited by Pirate Hawkins

How does one contest a settlement claim? 

Will there a be a pubic accessible display timer on settlements for status? Failure to do upkeep? 

There has to be a mechanism to handle companies breaking up, people no longer playing, etc.  If not given enough time you' have every single island claimed by people who no longer exist in game. 

7 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

There has to be a mechanism to handle companies breaking up, people no longer playing, etc.  If not given enough time you' have every single island claimed by people who no longer exist in game. 

Flag upkeep is it. 

10 minutes ago, DilBert said:

On PvE you dont, cant destroy the bank so flag will not deteriorate.

this is why I am sure that pve will have a decay/repair box because otherwise on an active island the bank will be full enough to pay the upkeep even if the owner is gone.

1 minute ago, microphobe said:

this is why I am sure that pve will have a decay/repair box because otherwise on an active island the bank will be full enough to pay the upkeep even if the owner is gone.

That still wont get rid of the flag. As long as taxes are active from tenants 

3 minutes ago, DilBert said:

That still wont get rid of the flag. As long as taxes are active from tenants 

The flag becomes contestable on pve when the upkeep isn't being paid, if the tax bank decays then the upkeep can't be paid, the island loses settlement status and the flag is up for grabs.

As for the OP question nobody will know unless devs answer or PTR.

I think the tax bank should be a different building from the upkeep bank personally. That way it doesn't automate. A different tab atleast.

~Lotus

• Like 2

The landowner does not enter the game for 3 days - he is a permanent ban!

This is my understanding of the current PvE plans.

@Pirate Hawkins The 12+ hour window starts counting at placement of structure. So if a settlement owner claims the land 11hr 45mins after you've placed structures then they should be vulnerable for only 15 minutes.

As for taking over a settlements flag, that comes down to a settlement owner becoming inactive. All structures will have an upkeep cost, and there is a seperate upkeep structure different from the taxation bank. So the settlement owner has to pay for upkeep of settlement as well as their own structures. A settlement owner goes inactive forever, their structure upkeep will deplete and then their structures will go poof, the taxation bank along with it.

What is not known at this stage is how long it takes for structure upkeep to deplete.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood