Sign in to follow this  
gimpbrush

salvage of your sunken ships

Hi,  when you loose your ship in the middle of nowhere we can came back later with another ship to salvage with the diving suit and another ship.

what is the delay that alow a sunken ship to be salvage  before it dissapear.

I lost one galleon, one brig ( came for rescue) and another brig at the same place. yesterday  i was at the same place with the last brigantine and a diving suit but  my galleon was gone ( i was still able to see the icon on the map).

It was a bug, or i was at the wrong place ?

Did someone try to do that ?

best regards.

ino i cant still see the icon of my ship so it is not salvaged. ANd honestlys where i lost it the risk it is too great for the price in J1 zone near an iceberg ...

I still see three ships on our map that were sunk not too long after launch. Two that were sunk by grief era, and one that was lost in a storm to ships of the damned.

I’m certain that they are all long gone, but they still show up.

On the other hand, we lost another ship when the servers booted us while there were the possible issues with Steam, and while we were not the ones to salvage it, we did find it and it’s no longer on the map.

it may be that because I have not gone back to those specific locations they have not updated. Or maybe it’s a bug from an older version that has just carried forward in my local files.

One of them isn’t too far from our current home, so I’ll see if I can swing by tonight and check it out.

15 minutes ago, Salty Del said:

I still see three ships on our map that were sunk not too long after launch. Two that were sunk by grief era, and one that was lost in a storm to ships of the damned.

I’m certain that they are all long gone, but they still show up.

On the other hand, we lost another ship when the servers booted us while there were the possible issues with Steam, and while we were not the ones to salvage it, we did find it and it’s no longer on the map.

it may be that because I have not gone back to those specific locations they have not updated. Or maybe it’s a bug from an older version that has just carried forward in my local files.

One of them isn’t too far from our current home, so I’ll see if I can swing by tonight and check it out.

Can confirm. I have a dead ship from weeks past that still shows up on the map. 

Yup, we have 2 ships that were sunk a few days after launch and we still see them on the map (they even count towards company ship limit)

8 minutes ago, uaf said:

Yup, we have 2 ships that were sunk a few days after launch and we still see them on the map (they even count towards company ship limit)

We got one of those too.

thanks, it will spare me some times,  i will just came again this time for my bear and my horse that i lost yesterday sigh i lost lot of blueprint for ship).

The weird thing about ours is that you can only see it outside the tile it was sunk in. So some kind of server to server inconsistencies. But that's really bad.

• Like 1

It's a Bug.  I lost my ship one night.  I left the zone and logged out.  I logged back in, sailed a ship back, and there was no Wreck.  Icon is only on map in every tile but the one I sunk my ship in.  There was no other salvagers, no one plays PvE. 

Everything was gone.  I had placed my 3 NPC's on the nearest dock with gold and food.  They didn't die, but they were also not there when I got back to the tile.  They did die a day or two later.  So they were there, just not there for me.