Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

Painting ships

Ok so you have a brand new ship that needs a paint job. You apply said paint and step back to admire your sparkling new ship. But its not. It looks like it was painted many years ago and has all pealed due to neglect.

Is there a way to paint it and make it look new? At least for the first couple of voyages? Then as time goes by the paint fades till it is bought back into dock for a repaint. If not is this something the devs could adjust please? It would look nice to have a new paint job on a new ship - or anything else for that matter.

yeah painting sucks and all the paintings from other people ships is like 90% black or red or black+red combo. BORING AS FUCK

Painting is not what I expected too, couldn't even make proper potato ship 😂

20190203005933_1.jpg

Edited by Sharana
  • Haha 2

Just now, Percieval said:

Disagree, but okay lol. 

I am my company’s cook. Which meant I was the first one to make dyes and then craft the spray painter. I’ve experimented a fair bit with how different colors look on ship hulls, docks and stone. Almost all of it looks like poop, mostly because almost all of it looks like you did your paint job during the Nixon administration. When I paint a thing, I want it to look like I just painted it. Fading over time especially on hulls would be hella cool imo, but pre baked 50 years of fade not so much.

1 minute ago, Sharana said:

Painting is not what I expected too, couldn't even make proper potato ship 😂

20190203005933_1.jpg

Those sails are full of win.

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Oh yeah - very misleading tho as there were such cases already 😄 If try to chase that one it's usually a bad idea - for now at least as it's still MK.1 (did't sink yet requiring rebuidling). 9x 160ish % large cannons in the back remove few planks right away and no one keeps chasing after that for now 🙂

Edited by Sharana

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I am my company’s cook. Which meant I was the first one to make dyes and then craft the spray painter. I’ve experimented a fair bit with how different colors look on ship hulls, docks and stone. Almost all of it looks like poop, mostly because almost all of it looks like you did your paint job during the Nixon administration. When I paint a thing, I want it to look like I just painted it. Fading over time especially on hulls would be hella cool imo, but pre baked 50 years of fade not so much.

Yes, still an opinion. I’m happy with all my paints on ships. Except for the black, that’s a shame. 

50 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes, still an opinion. I’m happy with all my paints on ships. Except for the black, that’s a shame. 

Yes but my opinion is the important one. The one that matters.

Boomer's maxim of relative importance:  The constant me is always greater than the variable you.

I am totally in agreement with this. I am my company's painter and nothing is more disheartening when my vision comes out looking like it was painted back in the stone ages. I would like my bright, clear and dense paints please!!