SwindonSlugs

Offline Raid Protection? PVP?

On PVP Servers, how are we thinking of protecting our stuff when offline?

Parking our boats in Freeports?

I haven't seen anything about auto turrets or similar, just wonder what you guys think will be the way to protect our stuff if any?

Edited by SwindonSlugs

31 minutes ago, SwindonSlugs said:

On PVP Servers, how are we thinking of protecting our stuff when offline?

Parking our boats in Freeports?

I haven't seen anything about auto turrets or similar, just wonder what you guys think will be the way to protect our stuff if any?

Nope. Wildcard is at it again. Favoring Megas. Just expect to lose all your stuff on a consistent basis. If you don’t want that then you will realize atlas sucks and move on 

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I'm understanding is that someone can take over your claim while you are offline , not have to bother with blowing your stuff up and stealing loot but just downright take over all of your buildings/dry docks and whatever because you made the fatal error of going to work or to sleep and don't have people playing from every time zone?

Please tell me this isn't really the system you came up with for your "GOAT" MMO.

I have no issues with the to be expected problems that come up with a launch, even more so with an EA launch and think you have been doing a fine job jumping on the problems that have popped up but if this is really the rule set you envision for this game I just don't even know what to say.

This goes to core mechanics that I can't believe anyone would think is a good idea.

Say it ain't so!!!

40 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nope. Wildcard is at it again. Favoring Megas. Just expect to lose all your stuff on a consistent basis. If you don’t want that then you will realize atlas sucks and move on 

PVP is it's own beast, But knowing this bullshit can be done on PVE too really bothers me more then pillaring. What's the use to do anything in this game right now? Only to lose everything unless you're online 24/7 or in a mega tribe that even then may have issues if they claim a full island.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Realist said:

If atlas sucks why are you still posting on their forum and have not “moved on” yet? 

19 hours ago, Kanwulf said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but what I'm understanding is that someone can take over your claim while you are offline , not have to bother with blowing your stuff up and stealing loot but just downright take over all of your buildings/dry docks and whatever because you made the fatal error of going to work or to sleep and don't have people playing from every time zone?

Please tell me this isn't really the system you came up with for your "GOAT" MMO.

I have no issues with the to be expected problems that come up with a launch, even more so with an EA launch and think you have been doing a fine job jumping on the problems that have popped up but if this is really the rule set you envision for this game I just don't even know what to say.

This goes to core mechanics that I can't believe anyone would think is a good idea.

Say it ain't so!!!

They'll need to kill you first. If a player is in it's claim area someone else can't take over the area. Currently it seems iron weapons do minimal damage to wooden structures as well, so it'll take a long time for a group of people to steal territory if it's properly defended.

Does it count sleepers?  If so a stone base with people logged out inside's a good defense to anything but a determined attack.

Yes I would like to know as well if your sleeping in a structure if it would stop someone from claiming.  I currently can not wrap my head around how to progress if I cant be away from my claim for more than 1.5hrs.  I can't hardly leave my boat to explore without someone jumping on it to steal my things.  I understand pvp but I don't understand how this game is intended to progress and offer an enjoyable not rust/troll fest filled pvp experience.

Just to have it all claimed from a level 5 player with time and a free flag you start with just because you wanted to get some sleep irl!!!!!

10 hours ago, Timelog said:

They'll need to kill you first. If a player is in it's claim area someone else can't take over the area. Currently it seems iron weapons do minimal damage to wooden structures as well, so it'll take a long time for a group of people to steal territory if it's properly defended.

Actually there is already a bug/exploit that a single player can bust through a stone structure in a couple of minutes.

No I will not share what it is on the forums, I'm sure too many people already know about it...

Stone seems like max tier, so I'm curious how hard it will be to break.  I wouldn't build your main base on the coast and vulnerable to direct fire from ships at the very least, as I doubt anything stationary will hold up for any length of time against ship cannons.  Not sure if there are portable explosive charges, so they may need to bring those cannon carts.

As far as offline protection, seems like you're supposed to be able to out hired NPC crew on mounted guns, but no idea how effective they'll be.