Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Thank you Community Managers - Bans taking place.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Then I guess we really shouldn't take your claims of how bad a company they are seriously, because if people can still make up their own minds for themselves, and if it's still just a game, then that means your endless posting and crusading is really just trolling in the end.

If you don’t want to then you don’t have to. Never said you did. Like I said I am here expressing my opinion. You don’t like it and you don’t want me to express it. That is your problem.

anyone can feel free to say anything they want including you. Never once told either of the three of you that you couldn’t express your view. All 3 of your are doing that right now.

the word troll is overly used. A troll only wants to get a reaction out of people for no other reason than that. I have my reasons rather you like them or not. I have also had multiple normal conversations on here.

there is really only 4 people I argue with on here. Not my problem if you guys don’t like what I say.

3 minutes ago, Hambo said:

Wrong.  You do NOT own the game. you just own a license that allows you access to it.

What do you own after the last server is reformatted?

Where did you come from? They said I didn’t own the game and I said it didn’t matter if I owned the game.

where did that come from?

7 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

/shrug.  I'm not here to be your personal therapist though it seems you do need one.  You are resolving nothing, helping no one (including yourself) by sitting on a forum for gamers and a game they play that you have no experience in because you have never played it.  Literally no one here is listening to you and you are just screaming into the empty void with all your angst and crying.  If you actually wanted your opinion to matter where it counts you would take it to more appropriate places but you don't, you're here instead.

Definitely for attention.  Definitely self hating or you'd choose to go do other joyful things with your time, definitely a typical generic internet troll.  

Wondering why you use the words screaming and crying. I have never even used caps here. From what I can tell I have been calm every time I post something. You seem to have a lot of anger though. 

Plus you are using a lot of very typical words used by the people you call trolls.

never really liked using any of those words.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

If you don’t want to then you don’t have to. Never said you did. Like I said I am here expressing my opinion. You don’t like it and you don’t want me to express it. That is your problem.

anyone can feel free to say anything they want including you. Never once told either of the three of you that you couldn’t express your view. All 3 of your are doing that right now.

the word troll is overly used. A troll only wants to get a reaction out of people for no other reason than that. I have my reasons rather you like them or not. I have also had multiple normal conversations on here.

there is really only 4 people I argue with on here. Not my problem if you guys don’t like what I say.

oh you're fooling yourself if you think that number is only four.  

By the way, before you get self righteous about how we're the ones giving you such a hard time, I will note for you that several posts back, in this very thread, I wrote a post in which I said we're talking about two things. The post was multiple paragraphs and addresed in detail both points on which we agree and disagree. You could have chosen to respond to any or all of it, you could have furthered the discussion along the points which we agree on. Instead, you gave a one sentence reply in which you addressed only a single thing, something we disagree about.

So yeah, trolling.

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Wikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

You sir, are a troll.

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

oh you're fooling yourself if you think that number is only four.  

By the way, before you get self righteous about how we're the ones giving you such a hard time, I will note for you that several posts back, in this very thread, I wrote a post in which I said we're talking about two things. The post was multiple paragraphs and addresed in detail both points on which we agree and disagree. You could have chosen to respond to any or all of it, you could have furthered the discussion along the points which we agree on. Instead, you gave a one sentence reply in which you addressed only a single thing, something we disagree about.

So yeah, trolling.

If it is tldr I am not going to read all of it. And don’t act innocent, you like picking certain things out that I say as well

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Wikipedia

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

You sir, are a troll.

That doesn’t sound like me in the slightest 

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

Where did you come from? They said I didn’t own the game and I said it didn’t matter if I owned the game.

where did that come from?

I am just stating the legal reality that most media is licensed and not owned.  If that were not the case I would be able to use Frank Zappa's "Why does it hurt when I pee?" as a YouTube video theme song without worrying about being taken down by a Copyright claim.

Just now, Hambo said:

I am just stating the legal reality that most media is licensed and not owned.  If that were not the case I would be able to use Frank Zappa's "Why does it hurt when I pee?" as a YouTube video theme song without worrying about being taken down by a Copyright claim.

Ok, and I agree with you. Still don’t know where it came from

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

That doesn’t sound like me in the slightest 

de·lu·sion·al - /dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl
adjective
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

I believe he was trying to be specific about my generalization that Señor Quixote didn't own the game.

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

de·lu·sion·al - /dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl
adjective
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

I believe he was trying to be specific about my generalization that Señor Quixote didn't own the game.

Well then he should have quoted you.

ah, now I am delusional, self hating, a troll, and attention deprived. I am sure I am missing some of colorful things.

man, I have a lot of stuff going on then huh? Lol

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

A license is just an access grant.  There are States that offer 1 day or 1 week fishing licenses.  If you pay the $100 asking fee then that's on you, and IMO hilarious if you don't catch anything.

If someone paid $24.99 for an Early Access game without researching it first then they have no right to claim that they paid more for what they got.

I saw a streamer (just an individual, not a "Mega") play the game for about 4 hours and liked it enough to come to this sight and read everything here for a week and a half before I bought it, eyes wide open.

Edited by Hambo

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

If it is tldr I am not going to read all of it. And don’t act innocent, you like picking certain things out that I say as well

So you couldn't be bothered to consider things in depth. Good to know. As far as equating our two approaches, the post itself demonstrates that while I don't always agree with what you say, I make the effort to respond both to things I agree and disagree with, not just one. The bottom line at this point is it is late, you've made multiple statements that quite frankly are facepalm worthy, and thus further discussion here is pointless.

Well then he should have quoted you.

ah, now I am delusional, self hating, a troll, and attention deprived. I am sure I am missing some of colorful things.

man, I have a lot of stuff going on then huh? Lol

Shall I continue?

Personality and Individual Differences
Volume 67, September 2014, Pages 97-102

In two online studies (total N = 1215), respondents completed personality inventories and a survey of their Internet commenting styles. Overall, strong positive associations emerged among online commenting frequency, trolling enjoyment, and troll identity, pointing to a common construct underlying the measures. Both studies revealed similar patterns of relations between trolling and the Dark Tetrad of personality: trolling correlated positively with sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism, using both enjoyment ratings and identity scores. Of all personality measures, sadism showed the most robust associations with trolling and, importantly, the relationship was specific to trolling behavior. Enjoyment of other online activities, such as chatting and debating, was unrelated to sadism. Thus cyber-trolling appears to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism.

1 minute ago, Hambo said:

A license is just an access grant.  There are states that offer 1 day or 1 week fishing licenses.  If you pay the $100 asking fee then that's on you, and IMO hilarious if you don't catch anything.

If someone paid $24.99 for an Early Access game without researching it first then they have no right to claim that they paid more for what they got.

I saw a streamer (just an individual, not a "Mega") play the game for about 4 hours and liked it enough to come to this sight and read everything here for a week and a half before I bought it, eyes wide open.

That is good that you paid attention to the second hand opinions before you bought the game. That was a very smart thing to do.

The dark triad in psychology refers to the personality traits of narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy, which are called "dark" because of their malevolent qualities.  People scoring high on these traits are more likely to commit crimes, cause social distress and create severe problems for an organization, especially if they are in leadership positions.

All three dark triad traits are conceptually distinct although empirical evidence shows them to be overlapping. They are associated with a callous-manipulative interpersonal style.

Narcissism is characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy.
Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception.
Psychopathy is characterized by continuing antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness.

Shall I continue?

Personality and Individual Differences
Volume 67, September 2014, Pages 97-102

In two online studies (total N = 1215), respondents completed personality inventories and a survey of their Internet commenting styles. Overall, strong positive associations emerged among online commenting frequency, trolling enjoyment, and troll identity, pointing to a common construct underlying the measures. Both studies revealed similar patterns of relations between trolling and the Dark Tetrad of personality: trolling correlated positively with sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism, using both enjoyment ratings and identity scores. Of all personality measures, sadism showed the most robust associations with trolling and, importantly, the relationship was specific to trolling behavior. Enjoyment of other online activities, such as chatting and debating, was unrelated to sadism. Thus cyber-trolling appears to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism.

Now I am a sadist? Smh. As far as I can tell I am nothing like what is listed in this study

Dark tetrad
Several researchers have suggested expanding the dark triad to contain a fourth dark trait. Everyday sadism, defined as the enjoyment of cruelty, is the most common addition. While sadism is highly correlated with the dark triad, researchers have shown that sadism predicts anti-social behavior beyond the dark triad. Borderline personality disorder and status-driven risk-taking have also been proposed as additions.

6 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

So you couldn't be bothered to consider things in depth. Good to know. As far as equating our two approaches, the post itself demonstrates that while I don't always agree with what you say, I make the effort to respond both to things I agree and disagree with, not just one. The bottom line at this point is it is late, you've made multiple statements that quite frankly are facepalm worthy, and thus further discussion here is pointless.

Cool sounds good. I enjoyed the insults. Plus, I have liked and even agreed with you a couple of times. If I don’t agree, sure I am going to say it.

Just now, Realist said:

That is good that you paid attention to the second hand opinions before you bought the game. That was a very smart thing to do.

When I buy something on-line I look at the product ratings and read 1 or 2 of the top reviews.  Then I read at least 25 of the worst reviews to see if any contain a valid point.  In most of those cases either the person didn't read the description and bought the item to do something it couldn't do, like buying a 3.5mm Male/Male cable when they wanted a Male/Female extension cable.  That obviously was the company's fault, right?

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Dark tetrad
Several researchers have suggested expanding the dark triad to contain a fourth dark trait. Everyday sadism, defined as the enjoyment of cruelty, is the most common addition. While sadism is highly correlated with the dark triad, researchers have shown that sadism predicts anti-social behavior beyond the dark triad. Borderline personality disorder and status-driven risk-taking have also been proposed as additions.

Well I am a firefighter so they got me on the risk taking part. Very social though so that part isn’t me. No sir, I do not enjoy or partake in cruelty to anyone

1 minute ago, Hambo said:

When I buy something on-line I look at the product ratings and read 1 or 2 of the top reviews.  Then I read at least 25 of the worst reviews to see if any contain a valid point.  In most of those cases either the person didn't read the description and bought the item to do something it couldn't do, like buying a 3.5mm Male/Male cable when they wanted a Male/Female extension cable.  That obviously was the company's fault, right?

Of course that isn’t the companies fault. If the buy the extension cord and it is broken that is the companies fault

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well I am a firefighter so they got me on the risk taking part. Very social though so that part isn’t me. No sir, I do not enjoy or partake in cruelty to anyone

Well let's see then.

Narcissism is characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy. - Check
Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception. - Check
Psychopathy is characterized by continuing antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness. - And Check.
Sadism is characterized by the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others. - Well, I'm not sure if I really want to know if this is true or not.

But hey, there's good news. 3 out of 4 is not too shabby.  I mean that's probably a better score than you'd give WC right now for their game... right?

Troll.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Well people are forgetting, they signed up for an early access game, not a final product, They said so on the Steam purchase site, and also in the Stream/VOD. so people should know what they are getting in to. But it is apparently easier to just complain and make reviews on a not released game.

Give them some time, they already improved the game so much. but its still not FINAL.

regards a player that have read the reviews played the game a lot on official servers and read many of the negative complaints.

regards a player that like the game, but still have a hope they fix it.

Well let's see then.

Narcissism is characterized by grandiosity, pride, egotism, and a lack of empathy. - Check
Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception. - Check
Psychopathy is characterized by continuing antisocial behavior, impulsivity, selfishness, callousness, and remorselessness. - And Check.
Sadism is characterized by the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others. - Well, I'm not sure if I really want to know if this is true or not.

But hey, there's good news. 3 out of 4 is not too shabby.  I mean that's probably a better score than you'd give WC right now for their game... right?

Troll.

Narcissism is the only one that even sounds like me. People say I am a little too cocky but I have never been antisocial in my life lol. 

Definitely not the other 3

17 minutes ago, Realist said:

Wondering why you use the words screaming and crying. I have never even used caps here. From what I can tell I have been calm every time I post something. You seem to have a lot of anger though. 

Plus you are using a lot of very typical words used by the people you call trolls.

never really liked using any of those words.

Feel free to interchange any descriptive term for needless complaining you want.  Caps has nothing to do with it.  It's the message you are trying to convey.  You are literally coming to a group of people playing a game to tell us your opinions on something you don't actually play nor have any interest in.  It's like going to a baseball game just to yell at the other fans because  you don't like the way the management runs the team.  It's dumb as fuck.  The fans don't care.  You're not going to be heard 

As for your understanding of the word troll, it has far more meaning than just the one you posted there and definitely applies here. 

2 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Feel free to interchange any descriptive term for needless complaining you want.  Caps has nothing to do with it.  It's the message you are trying to convey.  You are literally coming to a group of people playing a game to tell us your opinions on something you don't actually play nor have any interest in.  It's like going to a baseball game just to yell at the other fans because  you don't like the way the management runs the team.  It's dumb as fuck.  The fans don't care.  You're not going to be heard 

As for your understanding of the word troll, it has far more meaning than just the one you posted there and definitely applies here. 

I just choose to use the right descriptive words

18 minutes ago, Realist said:

Narcissism is the only one that even sounds like me. People say I am a little too cocky but I have never been antisocial in my life lol. 

Definitely not the other 3

Well, let's break this down, shall we?

Machiavellianism... focus on self-interest and deception.  You are trying to deceive people in to believing that WC is evil by using worthless statistics and opinions.  The motivation for doing so is something you haven't revealed so it's for your own self-interest.

Psychopathy... selfishness, callousness and remorselessness.  You are trying to sabotage WC/GS for your own selfish reasons and you don't care about the fact that a lot of people depend on that company to feed their families and pay the bills.

Sadism - Again, I don't want to know what kind of pleasure you get out of doing this but you obviously do otherwise you wouldn't have been doing it both here and on the Ark forms.  However, you have consistently made efforts to humiliate WC/GS by posting hearsay and by over inflating the importance of a declining playerbase.  So I give that a maybe.

Since you agreed on most of Narcissism, let's look at anti-social.

Anti-social behaviours are actions that harm or lack consideration for the well-being of others. It has also been defined as any type of conduct that violates the basic rights of another person and any behaviour that is considered to be disruptive to others in society.

You've been nothing but disruptive on these forums. You even invaded this thread which was an attempt to praise GS for doing a good job. You have made extreme efforts to try to crucify GS and therefore have no consideration for the well-being of their employees.  Trying to interfere with their right to sell a perfectly legitimate product? Yea.

Anti-social? I'd have to say - Check.

Edited by Jean Lafitte