Sign in to follow this  
Elrood

Wtf with discovery zones?

v15.63

- Discovery Zones now provide 1 Discovery Point per unlock

v15.61

- Discovery Zones now count as 3 Discovery Points instead of 1. Players no longer need to discover all zones to reach max level. Not a retroactive change. 

Are you drunk over there or something?!
Send people on a week days off or something cause you are probably dropping from exhaustion if stuff like that is not found out before the roll-out. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

I am confused it was one before the patch... is it 3 now? wtf.... 

No,no, its 1 again 😄

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

No,no, its 1 again 😄

I just went to get some discoveries yesterday and was only getting 1 point...

11 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I just went to get some discoveries yesterday and was only getting 1 point...

It was changed after you logged off to 3, then changed back to 1 again.

13 minutes ago, Shintai said:

It was changed after you logged off to 3, then changed back to 1 again.

So do I get 3 discovery points or 1 for each discovery point

Seems 1 after the last patch, i would like 3. Lets be honest travelling to every single island and running around to find the discoveries is a ridiculous feat to ask. I would make it 3 and if people want to they are rewarded in some way for the time spent, cosmetic a rare items.

The issue was the not retroactive.  Some people have several hundred and it is a huge penalty to not get those old points. 

Doubt people would have cared as much if they got credit for past explores.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Herasea said:

Seems 1 after the last patch, i would like 3. Lets be honest travelling to every single island and running around to find the discoveries is a ridiculous feat to ask. I would make it 3 and if people want to they are rewarded in some way for the time spent, cosmetic a rare items.

I don't even mind the grind that much. But the process is what bugs me. They managed to put stuff in place with logical explanation than hotfix it immediately (probably when someone with decision power saw that in changelog) back. 

Edited by Elrood
  • Like 1

I never got 3 points per discovery. I thought and noticed that it was always 1 point per discovery. 

the discovery thing is sometimes just a horror , as you have to hit one specific spot , yes having a spyglass helps abit, but then we should also have option to change the color on discovery "bubble" as they are sometimes just way to easy to overlook, and the ones that require massive stamina-climbing picks, please leave them out, i got 180 stamina and i cant get some of them due to its way too high up

8 minutes ago, Elrood said:

I don't even mind the grind that much. But the process is what bugs me. They managed to put stuff in place with logical explanation than hotfix it immediately (when someone with decision power saw that in changelog) back. 

Jats twitter blew up with angry players. That brought it to their attention.  Doubt anybody with decision powers thought it would be an issue.   Frequent mistake they make

2 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Jats twitter blew up with angry players. That brought it to their attention.  Doubt anybody with decision powers thought it would be an issue.   Frequent mistake they make

The hell, we have twitter based development or something?!

1 hour ago, Elrood said:

The hell, we have twitter based development or something?!

Pretty much.  Twitter and Streamers.  They've proven a dozen times over they barely read these forums.  A good half dozen of these knee-jerk course corrects were discussed by players on the forum as soon as the notes hit, but they didn't do a thing until after they pushed live and the direct complaints REALLY kicked in.

Since it wasn't retroactive, It heavily punished players like me, who have sailed endlessly for 30+ hours going from one island to another. Currently I have over 252 discoveries, and have sailed a small sloop pretty far from my home grid since attaining most all discoveries around that area. 

I'm a good 10 or so grids away now, And with this change it meant someone that just started or players who did not focus on discoveries for leveling or exploring could now stay close to their home grid and with only a few hours be able to surpass me in discovery points and level with much less time invested and nautical miles traveled. 

It was just not fair for us. And that change not being retroactive would have forced many like me to push further away just to try and stay at the same level as others who didn't explore much at all.

I'm not opposed to the change, But they need to do it in a way that doesn't hurt players like me who did take the time in exploring. Either by resetting our discovery points or something.

2 minutes ago, Naviss said:

I'm not opposed to the change, But they need to do it in a way that doesn't hurt players like me who did take the time in exploring. Either by resetting our discovery points or something.

This is pretty much it.  I will never agree with the argument that you can't make something faster than it was in the past ("I spent XX Hours, and he only needs to spend half that, it's unfair"), because that's just petty,  but you can't make it so that somebody who did effort in the past has LESS than somebody who didn't.

I really hope they figure out a way to make it retroactive, then totally go ahead and make it more.  Requiring ALL discovery points to hit cap is a pretty zany order.

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

This is pretty much it.  I will never agree with the argument that you can't make something faster than it was in the past ("I spent XX Hours, and he only needs to spend half that, it's unfair"), because that's just petty,  but you can't make it so that somebody who did effort in the past has LESS than somebody who didn't.

I really hope they figure out a way to make it retroactive, then totally go ahead and make it more.  Requiring ALL discovery points to hit cap is a pretty zany order.

Coming from Ark, I learned one big thing. As time went on they made the game easier. And I fully expect the same within Atlas. And not everybody has time nor patience to do things like this just to keep progressing in the game. So making it easier to gain levels is important.

But yes, You should never punish players who did go through the hard work early on, and now make it even harder for them to continue to progress since they have already completed a good amount of the easier areas.

The worst part is in terms of getting all or so many is that people block some with their big bases. perhaps not directly on purpose but because it was a nice build area. Why there isn't a no build zone around discovery areas is a mystery.