Sign in to follow this  
Dappypally

Getting stuck on boats?

If I go on someone’s raft, I can’t get off.... how has this happened? How is this a fix? Spending 15 mins on my game time trying to die is ridiculous....

im not a griefer, you guys doing this is labelling everyone a griefer... you’re punishing everyone. I use other player facts as stepping stones to my raft... you have any idea how annoying it is in Freeport with 20 rafts in a line?

such a stupid decision....

4 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

It’s a pirate game... not being able to board ships is the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard. 

- Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship

So the way I read it, this is PVE only. Doesn't affect PvP, where you can be a pirate. Too much griefing was happening, people sinking other players ships, this is their solution to that.

4 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

It’s a pirate game... not being able to board ships is the most stupid thing I’ve ever heard. 

Well its only in PVE, where you're not suppose to be able to harm other players ships anyway. 

The problem is that this was suppose to be their grand fix to PVE ship sinking. Its inelegant and creates a whole bunch of new problems... not to mention there still seems to be ways to sink other players ships. Simply making it so ships don't sink due to weight in PVE, at least while anchored, would have solved the problem without creating such a mess. 

I agree fully. why am i being punished for falling off of a dock and accidentally landing on someone else ship. i cant kill myself, i dont have someone in my company on right now so they cant kill me. so now, instead of being able to play the game im stuck on some guys raft because i guess there is a no fall off edge limit so i cant even slide off the side. Poor design decision 100%. fix this, stop band aiding problems. 

1 minute ago, JohnSB said:

I agree fully. why am i being punished for falling off of a dock and accidentally landing on someone else ship. i cant kill myself, i dont have someone in my company on right now so they cant kill me. so now, instead of being able to play the game im stuck on some guys raft because i guess there is a no fall off edge limit so i cant even slide off the side. Poor design decision 100%. fix this, stop band aiding problems. 

You can actually kill yourself just keep punching in the air until your torpor gets up then you start taking some serious damage and die pretty quick.  Not the best option but it's a workaround that gets you out of this.  Hoping they talk about this more in their live stream tomorrow.

im submitting a ticket to the GMs. just killing myself doesnt fix the problem. i suggest you all do the same. maybe if they get 1000 tickets they will smarten up? not that im suggesting brigading. never report issues unless you are having them. but just dealing with poor mechanics is not my problem, its theirs. sorry just a little ranty about tall this, 

There are less sob stories about ships being sunk with this change. For days on end a new person would post something about a ship sunk by griefers. It was almost every other thread. This was the fix they came up with. Those posts are gone, and now we have these complaints, which are fewer. And I'm pretty sure they have stated they are working on a "fix" and this is just a temp fix to the non stop complaints of griefing/sinking ships.

9 minutes ago, Maar said:

And I'm pretty sure they have stated they are working on a "fix" and this is just a temp fix to the non stop complaints of griefing/sinking ships.

I'm still wondering how implementing this special bubble was easier than just making anchored ships not check weight limits.🤪

The only thing I can think is maybe the bubble logs the "flies" caught in it, so they could identify clusters making sinking attempts... but that would assume they were actually considering punishing the abusers in some way,

Edited by Uueerdo

I think you hit it on the head... it was easier. 

Part of my concern was something like this would happen. My guess is they are having a hard time coding in a proper solution for PVE servers; only. Just my guess though.

I was saying I don't understand how it would be easier

function WeightCheck()
   if pve && anchored then return
   else if overweight then sink
   return

could not have been harder than a special bubble.

Edited by Uueerdo

I get what you are saying, but you're barking up the wrong tree... I'm in the same boat or sloop as you! For whatever reason, this was the easy/quick fix they implemented with a statement about refining the fix at a later point in time. In other words.. here is something to stop the bleeding (griefing)... we're going to fix our fix later.

With that said, something else most be going on. Something that we are not privy too. Why else would they not do it that way?

If you need to kill yourself, I've read that holding [DELETE] to shout goes through stamina too.

1 hour ago, JohnSB said:

sorry just a little ranty about tall this, 

Totally understandable.  It's a *facepalm* kind of fix I would never have expected.  I was sure it was a bug for a while.

18 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

I was saying I don't understand how it would be easier

function WeightCheck()
   if pve && anchored then return
   else if overweight then sink
   return

could not have been harder than a special bubble.

With the weight, I sort of wonder if that would still be griefing potential.  The boat wouldn't sink, awesome, but if they then can't sail and can't dump the weight, not so awesome.

Still, rather than having people stuck, why not just teleport them right back into the water?  Seems to me like that wouldn't have been that complicated either.

2 minutes ago, Kveldulf said:

Totally understandable.  It's a *facepalm* kind of fix I would never have expected.  I was sure it was a bug for a while.

With the weight, I sort of wonder if that would still be griefing potential.  The boat wouldn't sink, awesome, but if they then can't sail and can't dump the weight, not so awesome.

Still, rather than having people stuck, why not just teleport them right back into the water?  Seems to me like that wouldn't have been that complicated either.

Yeah, maybe they put more weight (pun not originally intended) into the possibility of no-sail abuse; I disregarded it because it would actually require the would be harassers to stick around, and not be able to jump quickly from ship to ship to entertain themselves watching the world burn. I doubt the people that use this tactic have the kind of patience or attention span required for significant abuse of a no-sail sit in. ...though I am not sure, can you drag sleeping players in PVE? (Though even then they could just make non-allied sleepers fall through the boat.)

It's a temporary fix, though I agree its poop.

Another way around it is to see if the person who owns did boat is online. If they move the ship you clip through and fall off.

But it is PVE, where theres "no reason" as son out it to be on a non-friendly boat. Most people dont like randos on their boats anyways, so at least the sinking stories have stopped.