MrTexas

So I have a job...

Apparently since I have to go out and make a living, its cool for a single player to go to where my ship is and sink it with a tool used for cutting grass. Now I get that this is part of the game and Im not TOO upset about it, even though apparently this guy was able to sink 2 Schooners within 10 minutes of each other with a handheld lawnmower, but come on.

How about some sort of 8 hour shielding system for boats so that I don't have to constantly await the dreaded message on Discord that "Hey, someone sunk your boat with a tool from Home Depot".

Its a bit ridiculous. At least make people put some effort in and haul a 100 lb explosive barrel over to the ship to kill it. The shield thing is preferable though. Now I have to spend 2 days building 2 new boats that took someone 10 minutes to sink (Well, 20 if you want to get technical) so that I can login the next day to probably see that they got sunk as well.

• Like 2

That how the devs have added content to the game. Player-driven content.

I heard someone call it Lord of the Flys

Though they dissabled metal tools damage to ships, that's kind of idiotic and also illogical bcs sickle have more damage than axe or pickaxe... bcs logic.

• Thanks 1

Honestly Id settle for a message that says "Your ship is being attacked"

After the first sunk, a guy from our company made it over in time to see the guy finishing off the second.

Was pretty sure you could not use metal tools to sink at ship at anchor must admit never tried the sickle. 

While I understand your point I would hazard a guess that it's no difficult feat to sink a wooden boat with an axe, does it really matter if a sickle is used? 

But then I expect you are advocating that it should be harder to sink ships with hand tools. 

1 hour ago, Badkebab said:

While I understand your point I would hazard a guess that it's no difficult feat to sink a wooden boat with an axe, does it really matter if a sickle is used? 

But then I expect you are advocating that it should be harder to sink ships with hand tools. 

I wouldn't be against hand tools damaging ships they are wood after all , but they should do such minimal damage , u would need to be hacking away for a few hours to make any significnt headway

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, uli said:

I wouldn't be against hand tools damaging ships they are wood after all , but they should do such minimal damage , u would need to be hacking away for a few hours to make any significnt headway

This.

You can sink a well constructed ship irl with a hatchet yes. You can’t do it in 10 minutes.

• Like 1

love the " I have a job" topics. worked out well in ARK, will work out well here ^^ gl mate

I think they will add something to help eventually.    Current system of "time to log off for the night, goodbye ship nice knowing ya" is unrewarding.  Imo "at a freeport 1 ship can be harbored per company or non companied player."  Company could store a few ships if they used mule accounts and then claimed the ships back but that would take time.

I see something like that happening eventually.

2 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

I think they will add something to help eventually.    Current system of "time to log off for the night, goodbye ship nice knowing ya" is unrewarding.  Imo "at a freeport 1 ship can be harbored per company or non companied player."  Company could store a few ships if they used mule accounts and then claimed the ships back but that would take time.

No..., not freeports, make some new area but not freeports, those starting ppl should experience a better ping than 250 while trying to kill a chicken.

12 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Freeport ship storage would be silly unless they had it work just like they did with bodies(disappears but all things come back when someone spawns in, could be a npc vendor and gold cost).  

Otherwise Offline Raid Protection was rather popular in Ark, that could easily be transferred to this game.

8 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

No..., not freeports, make some new area but not freeports, those starting ppl should experience a better ping than 250 while trying to kill a chicken.

Was just an example of intent.  Could add a dock/ship at golden age ruin islands.

2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Freeport ship storage would be silly unless they had it work just like they did with bodies(disappears but all things come back when someone spawns in, could be a npc vendor and gold cost).  

Otherwise Offline Raid Protection was rather popular in Ark, that could easily be transferred to this game.

That is what I was thinking without going into great detail at an npc dock.

Offline raid protection would be a fine fix.  I know it has it's issues to be resolved too.  I dislike the strategy of "we are being attacked, everyone log off."  They would need to make is not affect flags imo or you would never be able to take land claims and everyone would just live in lawless.

1 minute ago, LifelessGamer said:

Was just an example of intent.  Could add a dock/ship at golden age ruin islands.

That is what I was thinking without going into great detail at an npc dock.

Offline raid protection would be a fine fix.  I know it has it's issues to be resolved too.  I dislike the strategy of "we are being attacked, everyone log off."  They would need to make is not affect flags imo or you would never be able to take land claims and everyone would just live in lawless.

They could make a building, something like rust have with upkeep except without payment, it would be turned off/on but there would be cooldown after turning it on and/or when something in the area took damage already recently. It would also turn on by itself if the area was unloadedbcs of no owners nearby or something like that.