captmoroni25

Neutral Land Not Claimable???

What is the deal with places that don’t have any flags at all not being available to claim? There are chunks of land blank and no claims and I can’t place one because it’s not an “enemy” claim well I’m on PVE and it’s pretty stupid that these chunks of land can’t be claimed when they ain’t anybody else’s. And a huge sidenote, wolves are broke AF!! 

I guess the land you are talking about is lawless.

The sectors that are arround a freeport are lawless and cannot be claimed so that new arrivals can gather materials to build something bigger than a raft that wont decay in 4 hours in the freeport

Thanks for the help but it’s not lawless, specifically in A14 and A15 in the snowy regions but it also happened in A8 which isn’t lawless, its very strange but thanks!! 

5 minutes ago, captmoroni25 said:

Thanks for the help but it’s not lawless, specifically in A14 and A15 in the snowy regions but it also happened in A8 which isn’t lawless, its very strange but thanks!! 

A8, A14, and A15 are lawless regions.

Edited by arzosah
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, captmoroni25 said:

What is the deal with places that don’t have any flags at all not being available to claim? There are chunks of land blank and no claims and I can’t place one because it’s not an “enemy” claim well I’m on PVE and it’s pretty stupid that these chunks of land can’t be claimed when they ain’t anybody else’s. And a huge sidenote, wolves are broke AF!! 

Are you trying to claim land that would overlap some other company's claim? Claims in those cases are just wonky, I've tried to claim unclaimed land that was in between 2 other claims before and it just wouldn't let me. I was trying to avoid interfering with other peoples claims and just take that segment of land.  It seems silly, but that's how it works. Or doesn't work I suppose. 

It'd be nice if claims didn't always have to be a big circle, but that's how it is. 

@WARSPECTRE Thanks thats exactly what I mean, Its sooooo frustrating cause I'd rather not take someone elses land but it forces you to sometimes, But thats why we sailed down to the snow regions where theres not many people playing 

9 hours ago, captmoroni25 said:

probably as there are claims close to it leaving blank areas ?

5 hours ago, arzosah said:

I can't easily go there to verify for my self since I'm based on the opposite side of the map, I based my claim off the wiki.

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Map

The wiki is wrong. You can see it yourself, it clames that A6 is a freeport, and that A7 is lawless. that is correct. Than it says A8 is lawless. That is not correct. Only the zones directly off of a freeport, north, south, east and west are lawless. The next freeport south is A10, that means A9 is lawless. A8 sits between them, and is a normal map. 

Js7VtN3.png

Theres a screen shot from the map I linked. I have also sailed through these areas myself looking for land, and can conferm A8 is not lawless. 

e6788H0.png

Theres a shot for A14 and A15. Just the fact these are two zones next to each other can tell you that they both cant be lawless, not when the only freeport close to them is C14, a freeport that was where I first started at. 

The only cluster of lawless that do touch are on the other side of the map, due to L5, L8, M7, M9, and J9 all being freeports. This makes a rather huge chain of lawless islands. 

Edited by Baelithan

using a user created map to disprove a user modified wiki article doesn't really work out.  One of them is wrong, and since the OP claims to not be able to place claim flags in those regions I figure the wiki is correct.  It is possible that those zones were set up as Lawless zones but not home servers, or they were incorrectly flagged as lawless.

In game you can use the "Discovery" tab in the character screen to select whatever region you want to.  It will state "Lawless" if that zone is lawless.  If it states nothing, it will be claimable zone.

22 minutes ago, arzosah said:

using a user created map to disprove a user modified wiki article doesn't really work out.  One of them is wrong, and since the OP claims to not be able to place claim flags in those regions I figure the wiki is correct.  It is possible that those zones were set up as Lawless zones but not home servers, or they were incorrectly flagged as lawless.

I have sailed through them before. Heck I'm currently settled in A9! 

https://map.playatlas.com/

Look at the live map. On NA PVE The company East India Trading has A8 under control. 

8OiVNXj.png

Theres both the 'user map' and live map side by side (granted I cant make the live map have the same zoom level) But you can match the island shaapes. You can see the A10 freeport's 4 matching island cluthers at the bottom. Than the lawless above that thats A9 where I'm settled, and then A8 controled by one of the top 10 companies. And it is also cluttered with a bunch of smaller groups Above that is A7, another lawless. 

You can also further view lower on the live map and see flag spam all through out A14 and A15, so those can't be lawless. 

So you tell me what is wrong, the wiki, or the user map? Because if its the users map, than the live map is also wrong. 

Edited by Baelithan