Sign in to follow this  
pygmy

OK ive done, i will come back when alphas, predators and wolves are nerfed and balanced.

18 hours ago, Renard1 said:

Yeah we've investigated spawns with my company, and it seems that it is tied to player activity so the more you move around the closer to hell it becomes, and that unless you kill them they will respawn as soon as they are moved out of their spawn area. It's crazy. You can most likely crash a server spawning an infinite amount of NPCs if you're somewhat dedicated.

100% this.

OP, no need to quit.  Find a sensible private server with tuned settings / spawns.  Play there, test the game, learn the game and more importantly have some fun.  The official servers are encumbered by democratic vote, so for every two asking for a fix, probably three saying it's ok (on whatever it is).  

Private server will change your game...  have a look and see before dumping the game.

18 hours ago, pygmy said:

they are everywhere, every 5 minutes not once and not alone. They dont give a shit about eachother even diffrent races is fine but when im there you know its on, bye.

Soooooo two things... shoot fire arrows at ground... and use hills trees to block their pathing.... when you get a chance build a pen a little 6X10 with ramps leading up into.... you can then just pull all wolves that chase you around you base and let them starve in there..... seriously... are all ARK players this lazy?

Edited by Bolognapwny

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

Soooooo two things... shoot fire arrows at ground... and use heals trees to block their pathing.... when you get a chance build a pen a little 6X10 with ramps leading up into.... you can then just pull all wolves that chase you around you base and let them starve in there..... seriously... are all ARK players this lazy?

This is my first survival game actually, never played any sandbox like this. Cloest game is GtA and that is how far away from this genre ive been my whole life. 

But this genre opened myy eyes and i have actually put 100+ hours since christmas and to be fair im only a casual gamer with a girlfriend, job and other hobbies.

2 minutes ago, pygmy said:

This is my first survival game actually, never played any sandbox like this. Cloest game is GtA and that is how far away from this genre ive been my whole life. 

But this genre opened myy eyes and i have actually put 100+ hours since christmas and to be fair im only a casual gamer with a girlfriend, job and other hobbies.

The creative and honestly it sounds dumb coming out of my mouth... the hardworking.... ugh.... prevail in these games... There are a few people in my company that just blow my mind with the solutions they come up with.... 

12 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Soooooo two things... shoot fire arrows at ground... and use hills trees to block their pathing.... when you get a chance build a pen a little 6X10 with ramps leading up into.... you can then just pull all wolves that chase you around you base and let them starve in there..... seriously... are all ARK players this lazy?

uhh, you meant Atlas right? 🙂  But here's the thing. We're not only talking about right around your base. We've encountered this issue while out hunting for treasure or resources. If we had Ark splus style pickup of structures, then using a pen would make more sense, and sometimes when you are out doing those things, opportunistic terrain doesn't present itself every time. But a lot of people could benefit from becoming more creative/crafty and I suspect far fewer leverage these things compared to what they could, so I don't fault you at all for pointing them out. 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

But do you kill them? Many people are talking about an overfload of alpha’s but when you ask if they wiped them they won’t answer. It can differ a lot. Some people only bait them away and are later amazed to be killed by one. 

I can, but not in open combat... They are to fast und moving to unpredictable to hit them. I lure them in a pen and kill them with firearrows (It's best to ignite the ground under their feets.) Its possible, but no satisfying game experience.

13 hours ago, pygmy said:

I've noticed your nickname. You are a true realist, you should dream more and I less.

For some reason people think I am a pessimist lol. Not sure why really. For all I know atlas might be a success. But in reality is probably won’t.

just being real. Ark was a success even with the problems. The “real” problem is that people already expect bad things to happen(also real), so now there is something to prove.

this isn’t a new company trying ark anymore. They sold 12 million copies of ark and so far they are doing a very bad job. Nobody cares about ea and “EA” itself is becoming very taboo right now.

it has been used as an excuse for everything and now people are fed up with it. EA= BS and that is all there is to it

14 hours ago, Vorxius said:

OP, no need to quit.  Find a sensible private server with tuned settings / spawns.  Play there, test the game, learn the game and more importantly have some fun.  The official servers are encumbered by democratic vote, so for every two asking for a fix, probably three saying it's ok (on whatever it is).  

Private server will change your game...  have a look and see before dumping the game.

Is very true, especially considering:

14 hours ago, pygmy said:

It's a really fun genre.  I got hooked playing Ark, although I only have 311 hours in Steam with it, so not nearly as obsessed as some players got.  But it's definitely a fun genre and a great diversion.  I'm almost 2/3 of those hours into Atlas as well.

Atlas will get there too at some point, and in the meantime, private servers are where it's at!  Great communities, much needed tweaked settings, and a lot of fun!

• Like 1