Sign in to follow this  
[616]RexFortis

A Capital Flag (PvP) is the PERFECT Solution for Freeing Up Land.

When a company loses its Capital Flag, a notice will flash up at the top of EVEYRONE's screen saying "so-and-so lost their capital flag in sector A6, 78 flags lost".  This way everyone would know they can run there for some land grab and would create a mini-game within a game as everyone tries to fight for some newly-available land.  It would effectively annihilate a large company and truly force them to start over.  This is exactly what Atlas needs.

A Capital Flag System (PvP) is the perfect solution for countering very large companies and freeing up land.  Essentially, every company would have to designate 1 flag as their Capital.  If this Capital Flag ever falls into the hands of the enemy the company loses ALL their flags and all their territory instantly becomes neutral free for the taking (the Dynamic Atlas Map would certainly be monitored more frequently for potentially-neutral lands as one would look for previous large clan territory which no longer exist).  It could also open the door to allowing a well coordinated large company to take over the world in a relatively short time period thus ending the game to start a new game (servers reset).  Atlas would officially feel like a game for once by having an end game and a new-start game.

Now, imagine 20 smaller companies (or 3 semi-large companies) in an allied attempt with a coordinated attack on a VERY large company.  They succeed at destroying the enemy capital making all of its land instantly neutral, then these 20 smaller companies and whoever else might be around have lots of land to share in a land grab.  Now THAT's an exciting game. (Is this the solution to the China problem!?)

It will also make Large Company outer-region lands easier to capture since it will be a bit paranoid of losing its capital it will be hesitant and less reactive in defending its distant lesser-important non-capital lands.  It'll also open the door to a wide array of strategies and tactics both offensively and defensively, and promotes alliances of smaller companies even more so.

Edited by [616]RexFortis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Could work, and won’t work. 

It is a good idea to have a capital flag that makes all the other flags neutral, but it will be inside most of people’s base. So an alpha tribe will never be taken down with this idea. 

Or you need to siege their island for weeks before you can achieve it. And that is why I would like to see it. Other than that It won’t happen for alpha’s to be taken down. 

Edited by Percieval

PvP is get a big swam of people, go somewhere, murder/rape everything they own and make it yours.

PvE seems to be going down Ye Olde Royale Merchant Companie Owns All Ye Lande (And There's Nothing You Can Do About It).

Any fix to claims has to fix PvE first.

5 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Large companies fear this idea?

Of course not. While such a system might make some of their more far flung claims more vulnerable to capture, the same system would make it a LOT easier for small companies to lose everything since they'd have a much harder time defending their "capital" than large companies would.  

Also, there won't be server resets. This isn't WW2 Online... too much time and effort goes into a game like this and people would be very unhappy if the devs added routine server wipes. 

Yeah, I think it's mostly mid-size and large-size company members on this forum and they're praying I'll stay quiet on this idea, but I can assure you I won't be.  I'll make it the #1 biggest topic.

There is a saying in EvE - every change will benefit larger, more organised groups more than anyone else. I can vouch for that saying after 12 years in Eve.

PS I am currently in a 2 man company clinging to one flag atm. I am certainly not part of a big company. Introducing capital flags would not change my situation.

1 hour ago, Fefu said:

PS I am currently in a 2 man company clinging to one flag atm. I am certainly not part of a big company. Introducing capital flags would not change my situation.

That's because you lack a strategic and tactical mind.  If Capital Flags were introduced then you could ally with other smaller companies such as yourself and attempt to take out the big bully company in your region with a devastating and crucial blow to their capital - but not at all possible under the current rules, instead what we have is stagnation and something that doesn't feel like a game whatsoever.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

Additionally, when a company loses its Capital Flag, a notice will flash up at the top of EVEYRONE's screen saying "so-and-so lost their capital flag in sector A6, 78 flags lost".  This way everyone would know they can run there for some land grab and would create mini-games within a game as everyone tries to grab some land.  It would effectively annihilate a large company and truly force them to start over.  This is exactly what Atlas needs.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

I don’t think it will do harm to any large company. The capital flag will be burried deep within defenses, if it comes to an all out war between large companies, small companies still will not be able to get any land from it. 

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I don’t think it will do harm to any large company. The capital flag will be burried deep within defenses, if it comes to an all out war between large companies, small companies still will not be able to get any land from it. 

^ This..  Also, with your capitol flag system freeing up "all" of their land, what then happens to all of their buildings that was on all that claimed land?  There's too many flaws with a system like this and I think it'll end up hurting the smaller groups far more than the larger groups.

The thing that can fix this all is just to have 1 claimed flag per person + a max cap on every company. If a large company kills another company by taking their capital flag and all their flags go neutral, they won’t be able to claim those flags. And neither can the company it has been taken from (on a timer). This way the smaller companies could take over the land, simply because the large company that took them down won’t have the resources at their disposal to maintain the new island and it’s full glory - unless they are very well prepared. 

But then again; If the smaller companies took over, this would mean they are very vulnerable to another large company. So either way it’s pretty messed up. I have absolutely no idea how to make everyone happy. 

12 minutes ago, iLL said:

…with your capitol flag system freeing up "all" of their land, what then happens to all of their buildings that was on all that claimed land

What happens currently?  There's your answer.

5 hours ago, gadefence said:

PvP is get a big swam of people, go somewhere, murder/rape everything they own and make it yours.

PvE seems to be going down Ye Olde Royale Merchant Companie Owns All Ye Lande (And There's Nothing You Can Do About It).

Any fix to claims has to fix PvE first.

yup and it will be months before they do that, since its a core gameplay issuse

21 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I don’t think it will do harm to any large company.

That's because you lack a strategic and tactical mind.  You're more of a social creature than a tactical general.  Someone like you would need the guidance of a military leader to succeed in a Capital Flag system.

3 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

That's because you lack a strategic and tactical mind.  You're more of a social creature than a tactical general.  Someone like you would need the guidance of a military leader to succeed in a Capital Flag system.

Right, Let me say it again: I don’t think it will do harm to large companies since it will be burried deep behind defenses. If a large company manages to push through and get through, they won’t give the land away now would they? With this idea I already gave more stuff to show it will not work, doesn’t mean i’m a bad strategist. 

But tell me, how would you do it then? Because the whole idea about getting the server to reset will never happen because of it. 

Edited by Percieval

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Right, Let me say it again: I don’t think it will do harm to large companies since it will be burried deep behind defenses. If a large company manages to push through and get through, they won’t give the land away now would they? 

...and I'll say it again.  It's beyond your comprehension because you're a social creature and lack the tactical mind of a military general.  That's why you can't comprehend it.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Right, Let me say it again: I don’t think it will do harm to large companies since it will be burried deep behind defenses. If a large company manages to push through and get through, they won’t give the land away now would they? 

main problem is sieging is broken as hell atm and even big zergs like the late shift are avoiding it because it takes too much to get any return vs the cost of making the base, players can build during a seige and make it last forever.

4 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

...and I'll say it again.  It's beyond your comprehension because you're a social creature and lack the tactical mind of a military general.  That's why you can't comprehend it.

That is not true, don’t be toxic for nothing. Because I disagree with you, giving examples with explanation doesn’t mean I lack the mind of an military general. It has literally nothing to do with military mind, it has to do with game mechanics.

4 minutes ago, Sketch said:

main problem is sieging is broken as hell atm and even big zergs like the late shift are avoiding it because it takes too much to get any return vs the cost of making the base, players can build during a seige and make it last forever.

Yep, but he won’t understand. 

Edited by Percieval

3 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

What happens currently?  There's your answer.

What happens currently?  If you take someone's flag and there's a structure there, it becomes yours but that's also because you get the land as well.  With your neutral open land theory the land taken would become open and available for the taking by anyone.  All the structures would be owned by no one except the areas you claimed while the siege was underway/finished.