Sign in to follow this  
ThisWayisUP

Would u still have bought the game if...

Would u still have bought the game if...  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing the way how the devs are trying to enforce the direction of the game and what this direction is. Would u still have bought the game?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Zeenjayli said:

"I know this game is for kids but they need to figure it out for themselves." wow really so you're saying they are exempt from explaining their own product because you think kids have to 'learn it for themselves' I don't know of a single game company that's successful that does it this way. I mean even WoW explains everything and anything not explained gets explained eventually. 

it's not a matter of being smart or stupid it's a matter of good business practice to inform your users not make them find out later for themselves.

I’m saying there are very obvious things with this game, and one of them is the dynamic map. It takes 1 look to know it’s only showing the top 10. I’m starting to think that you’re trolling me. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

So you HAVE to be incharge to have fun in a game?  Wow a lot of the time I play games to NOT be incharge.   And the company I am in, they dont ask anything demanding of me or anyone that came with me.  We have been pretty much left to our own devices and they have even been thankful we are there to help cover them during their off peak times.   

Try talking to a few of them.. you may be surprised.  I have even heard of a company that was letting groups join, and they treated like a union, the leaders of each company that joined them was part of a board of leaders.  They ran it like the United Nations... which means there was a lot of bickering and very little got accomplished but they worked together.

I'll check it out, I don't mind that but I don't wanna be subject to being bared which is a very possible thing with the way claims are now.

anyways time for my daughters birthday, mums can not be late for that!

luvubye.png

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m saying there are very obvious things with this game, and one of them is the dynamic map. It takes 1 look to know it’s only showing the top 10. I’m starting to think that you’re trolling me. 

not trolling, I'm serious not one of us in my company clued into that, just cause it shows the top 10 on the side doesn't mean that's the only ones it's showing that could easily mean they have the most claims and nothing more. anyways daughters birthday gotta go.

luvubye.png

4 hours ago, Zeenjayli said:

"I know this game is for kids but they need to figure it out for themselves." wow really so you're saying they are exempt from explaining their own product because you think kids have to 'learn it for themselves' I don't know of a single game company that's successful that does it this way. I mean even WoW explains everything and anything not explained gets explained eventually. 

it's not a matter of being smart or stupid it's a matter of good business practice to inform your users not make them find out later for themselves.

I don't want to be that guy but have you ever heard of Minecraft?  :pirate_mask:

Already have over 100 hrs in this, moooore then got my $25 worth and it'll only get better.

If i never played it again, it's been worth it.

• Like 3

I've put in more hours than I care to admit, especially considering the low price tag (even considering reoccurring costs of helping to support the server).

I play on a private PVE server and we adjust some of the values and spawn rates, and we've been able to find a sweet spot with them.  Still challenging, but not crazy (like some of the screenshots I've seen with giant swarms of angry things wanting to eat your face).  The PVP component looks super cool, but think I'll give things a chance to work themselves out first before I try (if I ever do, that is).  For the most part, it's been super enjoyable.  I actually wasn't very interested in the game when I heard about ("Ark with boats.  Meh.") but got it because a friend was going to (he never did, the filthy landlubber!).  And I've been very pleasantly surprised!  Sailed to explore a ton of cool islands, died to a bazillion wild animals, lost multiple sloops in a single day when ghost ships were first launched, building a giant castle, tamed a bunch of cool animals, and committed suicide more times than I can possibly count to reset my vitamins.  And I'm loving it!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hambo said:

I don't want to be that guy but have you ever heard of Minecraft?  :pirate_mask:

I don't want to be that girl but have you heard of those minecraft how to guide books that they released because people had no clue what to do.

as i said, a companies job is to inform their users how things work, it's good business practice. and just for good measure.

heck lets go even further back than the books, there were wiki how-to's that 99% of the minecraft population used, but no matter what things were explained clearly.

IMG_20190111_072520590.jpg

No. They sold me a Survival craft MMO with coop sailing with my Friends. They sold a World of pirates with elements or EvE online.

We have not survival at all. Fornite crafting is more complex than here. Everyone solo sailing ships and crying to make the game more singleplayer Even...

They lie

15 hours ago, wildbill said:

Could you post where they have said what the direction of the game is?

I think just about everyone has a different view of what the game is to them.

For instance I only play PVE and on unofficial servers. I have written stuff in threads about how I like a particular feature. Someone else will post how they hate it and it makes no sense it a game designed for PVP. To me, it is a PVE game, that also works as a PVP game for those that like that. I'm sure others will think differently.

Oh, since I have now idea where this game is heading, can't possibly vote, but all the patches in 10.0 (not counting the bugs added too) are certainly headed in the right direction for what I want in this game.

This. I have no idea yet what the “direction” of this game is and have yet to see any compelling evidence the devs do either. What Inhave seen is statements by them where they say they are eager to see how players interact with the game in unexpected and unanticipated ways. I suspect this means their approach is to wait and see what we do and go from there.

I will say that based on what I’ve seen so far, I wish I had waited six months before jumping in. The fact that I could shelve at any moment but haven’t you may freely take to indicate that I’m unsatisfied with its state even accounting for EA status yet no less addicted.  Thus it tends to be with Grapecard’s games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeenjayli said:

I don't want to be that girl but have you heard of those minecraft how to guide books that they released because people had no clue what to do.

as i said, a companies job is to inform their users how things work, it's good business practice. and just for good measure.

heck lets go even further back than the books, there were wiki how-to's that 99% of the minecraft population used, but no matter what things were explained clearly.

I have not heard of the how-to guides.  There weren’t any when I started playing Minecraft in its early vanilla days.  Kinda like this game in its early days.   I relied on dudes like Paul Soares Jr.’s YouTube series’.  

2 hours ago, Zeenjayli said:

That is ridiculous, people can’t be that stupid. It’s a childs game, I see my nephew of 7 understand it completely. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

That is ridiculous, people can’t be that stupid. It’s a childs game, I see my nephew of 7 understand it completely. 

actually with how complex a lot of the recipes are and there originally being no possible way to know them (especially with requiring materials to be place in specific positions) it was not ridiculous, now since Microsoft has acquired Mojang they added the guide basically in-game making it yes easy for a 7 yr old and they can see the recipes at practically the click of a button.

but to build complex creations good luck with your 7yr old knowing the in's and outs of how redstone wiring works under certain conditions with logic gates

Edited by Zeenjayli

8 hours ago, Pink_Floyd said:

I have not heard of the how-to guides.  There weren’t any when I started playing Minecraft in its early vanilla days.  Kinda like this game in its early days.   I relied on dudes like Paul Soares Jr.’s YouTube series’.  

that's cool and all, I'm just saying it's not hard for them to type  text on to their web page with the dynamic map explaining that it only represents registered guilds and ONLY the top 10 of those registered guilds at that. you know transparency

25 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

actually with how complex a lot of the recipes are and there originally being no possible way to know them (especially with requiring materials to be place in specific positions) it was not ridiculous, now since Microsoft has acquired Mojang they added the guide basically in-game making it yes easy for a 7 yr old and they can see the recipes at practically the click of a button.

but to build complex creations good luck with your 7yr old knowing the in's and outs of how redstone wiring works under certain conditions with logic gates

You’re confusing stuff with each other. A simple recipe, a simple item to craft or a simple map to read: Those are not the same as an entire redstone system. But good for that: the internet. 

Knew what I was getting into when I bought it.  Granted I haven't played it insane hours like some people, waiting for the game to reach a state I'm interested in before spend the time.  Figured that I'd hit my $1/hour of fun metric pretty easily eventually and I'm in no rush. 

That said I'm telling anyone I know that's interested to hold off a few months.  Between access to land, disposable ships, offline "pvp" in an mmo with zero safe zones, mobs and spawns just not being fun, alphas all over, hackers, and fire arrows I know they'd hate it pretty quick.  And that's not even counting normal alpha issues like lag and performance and exploits.  Individually a lot of that can be dealt with, but all at once is a solid kick in the balls.

22 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

that's cool and all, I'm just saying it's not hard for them to type  text on to their web page with the dynamic map explaining that it only represents registered guilds and ONLY the top 10 of those registered guilds at that. you know transparency

You know.. logic.. I mean I’m fine with adjusting descriptions but you’re making such a big deal out of such a small something that everyone understands by just looking at it.. 

2 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

Knew what I was getting into when I bought it.  Granted I haven't played it insane hours like some people, waiting for the game to reach a state I'm interested in before spend the time.  Figured that I'd hit my $1/hour of fun metric pretty easily eventually and I'm in no rush. 

That said I'm telling anyone I know that's interested to hold off a few months.  Between access to land, disposable ships, offline "pvp" in an mmo with zero safe zones, mobs and spawns just not being fun, alphas all over, hackers, and fire arrows I know they'd hate it pretty quick.  And that's not even counting normal alpha issues like lag and performance and exploits.  Individually a lot of that can be dealt with, but all at once is a solid kick in the balls.

So....you're saying your friends *don't* enjoy a good solid kick in the balls?

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

So....you're saying your friends *don't* enjoy a good solid kick in the balls?

Nah they're all normies.  Well there is one that has an unhealthy amount of hours in Ark on a pvp offiicial server.  I have my suspicions about him...

He bought Atlas and only has 1.4 hours in it oddly.  Seems like he's waiting too.

Edited by Kyorin

3 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

Nah they're all normies.  Well there is one that has an unhealthy amount of hours in Ark on a pvp offiicial server.  I have my suspicions about him...

He bought Atlas and only has 1.4 hours in it oddly.  Seems like he's waiting too.

Psychologists have a term to describe him. I believe it's masochist.

45 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

Oh, I totally understand that, and I agree that it could have been more specifically notated somewhere.  But if I look at a map with 10 guilds listed and only their territory is showing, logic dictates that there are probably a LOT more companies out there with large tracts of land claimed, and the dynamic map only reflects those guilds listed in the "Top 10" listing on the official site.

1 hour ago, Zeenjayli said:

WHAT!!!

Uhm vanilla minecraft was very basic... None of the recipe's were hard....  Mods and things that came after added to it and could have perhaps warranted a book, or how to run  your own dedicated server could have warranted a book but vanilla minecraft, well it didnt get much more simple then that!!!

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

You know.. logic.. I mean I’m fine with adjusting descriptions but you’re making such a big deal out of such a small something that everyone understands by just looking at it.. 

again you're assuming everyone gets it, and if they don't they're instantly an idiot.

1 hour ago, Pink_Floyd said:

Oh, I totally understand that, and I agree that it could have been more specifically notated somewhere.  But if I look at a map with 10 guilds listed and only their territory is showing, logic dictates that there are probably a LOT more companies out there with large tracts of land claimed, and the dynamic map only reflects those guilds listed in the "Top 10" listing on the official site.

well when i looked at the map i wasn't counting how many different colours correlated to the list of guilds in the top left. I wasn't even looking at the top left i was looking at the map and for where all the dots where

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

WHAT!!!

Uhm vanilla minecraft was very basic... None of the recipe's were hard....  Mods and things that came after added to it and could have perhaps warranted a book, or how to run  your own dedicated server could have warranted a book but vanilla minecraft, well it didnt get much more simple then that!!!

listen don't lie to people, you realize putting armour together was not something you knew you had to look it up and the wiki had to check the source code to see the pattern, what about enchantment books? so you just magically knew you needed obsidian, a book, book cases, diamonds and all that just do make the enchanting table? you JUST KNEW IT? cause that was vanilla not mod.

and you knew you had to put stone all around the square and leave the middle empty to make a furnace? you just magically knew that cause oh of COURSE that's how anyone would make a furnace right? and oh lets just magically know 3 pieces of metal in an < shape at the top left of the crafting table with 2 sticks is 100% an axe and 3 across the top and two sticks is 100% a pick-axe, yep that's sooo fucking obvious who needs to be told that you must be an idiot for not knowing that without looking it up first.

Edited by Zeenjayli

25 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

well when i looked at the map i wasn't counting how many different colours correlated to the list of guilds in the top left. I wasn't even looking at the top left i was looking at the map and for where all the dots where

listen don't lie to people, you realize putting armour together was not something you knew you had to look it up and the wiki had to check the source code to see the pattern, what about enchantment books? so you just magically knew you needed obsidian, a book, book cases, diamonds and all that just do make the enchanting table? you JUST KNEW IT? cause that was vanilla not mod.

and you knew you had to put stone all around the square and leave the middle empty to make a furnace? you just magically knew that cause oh of COURSE that's how anyone would make a furnace right? and oh lets just magically know 3 pieces of metal in an < shape at the top left of the crafting table with 2 sticks is 100% an axe and 3 across the top and two sticks is 100% a pick-axe, yep that's sooo fucking obvious who needs to be told that you must be an idiot for not knowing that without looking it up first.

Uhm do you have a clue what vanilla minecraft even was???

Yeah it wasn't exactly rocket science!!!  And I certainly didnt need a book!

Seriously there was 9 slots all you had to do was draw a picture with the most likely ingredients..

The way your talking about it is like it was some mystery like how you became a jedi pre NGE in SWG!

Edited by Sulfurblade

5 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Uhm do you have a clue what vanilla minecraft even was???

Yeah it wasn't exactly rocket science!!!  And I certainly didnt need a book!

yeah I was an alpha buyer, i paid $5 for minecraft with is was basically a 20x20 square and crafting wasn't even a thing, and clearly you don't know what vanilla crafting was before they added the crafting book into the game like terraria there's wiki howto websites for how to build Vanilla  things cause everything I labelled is vanilla, including redstone and the logic gates.

Screenshot_179.png

Edited by Zeenjayli