Sign in to follow this  
ThisWayisUP

Would u still have bought the game if...

Would u still have bought the game if...  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing the way how the devs are trying to enforce the direction of the game and what this direction is. Would u still have bought the game?

• Yes
    • No

Would u? This is no rant. I just really wonder because the direction is so differrent than what i and my friends expected and its really shallow and one minded. 

Edited by ThisWayisUP

Short answer yes.

This is a cheap game, no monthly sub, no cash shop pay to win....yet.... and it is simple.  

My only wish is that it was a little more hardcore, if they revert the sailing wind mechanics I would be happier.  

• Like 2

I enjoy the game but it also takes to much of life to get no where, it's impossible to claim land. building base on lawless is now unfeasible because of the way people don't know how to build so they build the most hugest eyesores and just build giant gates "because they're easier than walls" and it now kills all resources on the land, and as i said you can't find anywhere to claim land cause the Chinese and big company's control majority of everything the "Dynamic Atlas Map" is a fat lie of what land is and isn't claimed to many people have to much land as single users too.

so no if this is the direction they are going I regret buying this garbage.

8 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

I enjoy the game but it also takes to much of life to get no where, it's impossible to claim land. building base on lawless is now unfeasible because of the way people don't know how to build so they build the most hugest eyesores and just build giant gates "because they're easier than walls" and it now kills all resources on the land, and as i said you can't find anywhere to claim land cause the Chinese and big company's control majority of everything the "Dynamic Atlas Map" is a fat lie of what land is and isn't claimed to many people have to much land as single users too.

so no if this is the direction they are going I regret buying this garbage.

The dynamic map is a lie in which way? I can say from my company point of view, that it is pretty accurate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThisWayisUP said:

Would u? This is no rant. I just really wonder because the direction is so differrent than what i and my friends expected and its really shallow and one minded. 

Could you post where they have said what the direction of the game is?

I think just about everyone has a different view of what the game is to them.

For instance I only play PVE and on unofficial servers. I have written stuff in threads about how I like a particular feature. Someone else will post how they hate it and it makes no sense it a game designed for PVP. To me, it is a PVE game, that also works as a PVP game for those that like that. I'm sure others will think differently.

Oh, since I have now idea where this game is heading, can't possibly vote, but all the patches in 10.0 (not counting the bugs added too) are certainly headed in the right direction for what I want in this game.

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The dynamic map is a lie in which way? I can say from my company point of view, that it is pretty accurate. 

the fact that it says b5 on PVE is unclaimed when it is in fact 100% claimed. just a small example and has been claimed for over a week

Edited by Zeenjayli

2 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

the fact that it says b5 on PVE is unclaimed when it is in fact 100% claimed. just a small example and has been claimed for over a week

Claimed by a top 10 company? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Claimed by a top 10 company? 

whats the point of showing only the claims of the top 10 that's 100% misleading to new player esp since it doesn't state anywhere in easy access that is all that it shows.

Yes and glad I did buy it, imo the games doing fine and im liking (thou not always agreeing with) the changes and work thier putting into it. Honestly got pretty much what I expected if not a bit more from these devs thus far.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

whats the point of showing only the claims of the top 10 that's 100% misleading to new player esp since it doesn't state anywhere in easy access that is all that it shows.

This is going to sound kind of mean, but 70-80% of those smaller companies are already dead.  It wouldn't take much effort to claim the land from them.   If you go into a zone and see less than 10 people during peak times you can be pretty sure they are dead.  

Edited by Hodo
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

This is going to sound kind of mean, but 70-80% of those smaller companies are already dead.  It wouldn't take much effort to claim the land from them.   If you go into a zone and see less than 10 people there you can be pretty sure they are dead.  

tried that sat for 2 hours walked away from the claim to go back to boat instantly lost contest... went back to claim sat for well over an hour on a 100% dead claim and it never over took, I do not have 10 hours to sit in front of a claim flag.

40 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The dynamic map only shows companies that have registered their companies on the website. Thats mainly the larger zerg groups. The smaller companies dont bother doing so partly cause they dont want people knowing where they live.

12 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

Well I think you don’t need to have a highly intelligent brain to figure out it’s only showing the top 10. But for the new people that do not understand they can always say it’s only showing the top 10. 

• Like 1

Just now, Brick said:

The dynamic map only shows companies that have registered their companies on the website. Thats mainly the larger zerg groups. The smaller companies dont bother doing so partly cause they dont want people knowing where they live.

oh I see well than calling it the "dynamic map" is misleading since it's only "dynamic" to registered companies

• Confused 1

I don't mind the way the devs are taking the game.

But I wouldn't have bought had I know one of my mates who got me to get it would throw a hissy fit I didn't do everything AND get him an artic island in a week and then quit the game like a cunt. I'd have no bought it then.

2 minutes ago, Zeenjayli said:

tried that sat for 2 hours walked away from the claim to go back to boat instantly lost contest... went back to claim sat for well over an hour on a 100% dead claim and it never over took, I do not have 10 hours to sit in front of a claim flag.

It takes 6 hours at the fastest.

And you need numbers to do it.  Most of the time I suggest all of these solo and small groups of 5 or less to join larger companies. 

I have seen some very good larger companies that have taken in smaller groups like mine and gave them a home and made them feel part of the bigger whole.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Well I think you don’t need to have a highly intelligent brain to figure out it’s only showing the top 10. But for the new people that do not understand they can always say it’s only showing the top 10. 

Wow really, no need to be an asshat, it's not clearly stated and labelled as a dynamic live updated map of claims not "a map that only updates the top 10 registered companies claims"

Just now, Zeenjayli said:

oh I see well than calling it the "dynamic map" is misleading since it's only "dynamic" to registered companies

Yeah its completely pointless...

Our company has like 15 members and we had well over double what a lot of those groups had claim-wise in the first few hours of launch. We chose not to register on the website to keep them from being visible. 

Yes

There are a number of frustrating aspects of the game right now(Alphas, high spawn rates of hyper aggressive predators, exploits, bugs, etc.....) but for the most part I'm having an enjoyable experience.  It's clear to me that they are constantly trying to improve the game.  They still have a ways to go but I think they are moving in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average gamer.

1 minute ago, Zeenjayli said:

Dynamic-

1. (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.

The map is in a constant state of change, activity and progress... so yes it is dynamic.  You assumed it was something else which is on you.

1 minute ago, Zeenjayli said:

Wow really, no need to be an asshat, it's not clearly stated and labelled as a dynamic live updated map of claims not "a map that only updates the top 10 registered companies claims"

Doesn’t change anything of what I just said, does it? In the beginning of the launch I thought it was showing every company, but a day later I already understood that wasn’t the case and I believe that was the same with many people. I understand this game is also for kids but let them have a thought instead of describing every little detail. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

It takes 6 hours at the fastest.

And you need numbers to do it.  Most of the time I suggest all of these solo and small groups of 5 or less to join larger companies. 

I have seen some very good larger companies that have taken in smaller groups like mine and gave them a home and made them feel part of the bigger whole.

I'm not one to be lead, I am a leader if I can't be a leader than what's the point of playing. I shouldn't have my chances of leading taken away and told "just join someone else" I'm not looking to be told what I can and can not build/do and i won't be subject to being removed from my property because the bigger company decided to bar us from the claims because we built something better than them and their ugly ass walls.

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Doesn’t change anything of what I just said, does it? In the beginning of the launch I thought it was showing every company, but a day later I already understood that wasn’t the case and I believe that was the same with many people. I understand this game is also for kids but let them have a thought instead of describing every little detail. 

"I know this game is for kids but they need to figure it out for themselves." wow really so you're saying they are exempt from explaining their own product because you think kids have to 'learn it for themselves' I don't know of a single game company that's successful that does it this way. I mean even WoW explains everything and anything not explained gets explained eventually. 

it's not a matter of being smart or stupid it's a matter of good business practice to inform your users not make them find out later for themselves.

Edited by Zeenjayli
  • Confused 1

Just now, Zeenjayli said:

I'm not one to be lead, I am a leader if I can't be a leader than what's the point of playing. I shouldn't have my chances of leading taken away and told "just join someone else" I'm not looking to be told what I can and can not build/do and i won't be subject to being removed from my property because the bigger company decided to bar us from the claims because we built something better than them and their ugly ass walls.

So you HAVE to be incharge to have fun in a game?  Wow a lot of the time I play games to NOT be incharge.   And the company I am in, they dont ask anything demanding of me or anyone that came with me.  We have been pretty much left to our own devices and they have even been thankful we are there to help cover them during their off peak times.   

Try talking to a few of them.. you may be surprised.  I have even heard of a company that was letting groups join, and they treated like a union, the leaders of each company that joined them was part of a board of leaders.  They ran it like the United Nations... which means there was a lot of bickering and very little got accomplished but they worked together.