Sign in to follow this  
P4TM4N

Incredible

I've spent the last weeks bragging about this games potential, only to have my guts ripped out by not even being able to do anything of important when I logged in this morning.

Foundation sprawl has brought the game to a screeching halt. No spawns of anything, not even a pack of OP wolves to eat me. How could you release a patch with out even the slightest test. "oh if we do that there won't be anything spawn". I know it's early access, but good god this is embarrassing.

Maybe because we are the testers? You’re part of the testing program. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Thanks 1

This is an ALPHA... (pretty much) stop your damn crying play the game, test it, report bugs, and make suggestions.... its gonna be a long 2 years.

Also, don't recommend the game to anyone that isn't fully aware of how this company does releases during early access and that we are the testers.

I ask people if they are going to play Atlas (where they have already decided for themselves). If they ask if I recommend the game, I say yes, but ...

Me, I test software for a living, so totally get their process and why it is what it is. I also am very good at identifying bugs and workarounds for them. Mostly they aren't a big deal to me, I'm expecting them and ready for most of them.

A guy play an early access game and cries about testing stuff BEFORE they release it? Thats so funny. DeGeneration Next.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

These post is the reason why i suggested a public test server... we got 2 years + of these post people lol 

You are on the public test servers.  NA PvE, NA PvP, EU PvE, EU PvP. 

1 minute ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Are these servers stopping the hate?

They are never going to.  Streamers really popularized hating this game, and people are acting insanely entitled expecting a perfect game to be released in an alpha state. You are not going to ever stop people from hating a game, they want to hate.  If you like the game then try your best to provide constructive criticism and ideas that can be worked into the main game, they may not all get put in but there was definitely community impact in Ark during it's development.  

2 hours ago, P4TM4N said:

I've spent the last weeks bragging about this games potential, only to have my guts ripped out by not even being able to do anything of important when I logged in this morning.

Foundation sprawl has brought the game to a screeching halt. No spawns of anything, not even a pack of OP wolves to eat me. How could you release a patch with out even the slightest test. "oh if we do that there won't be anything spawn". I know it's early access, but good god this is embarrassing.

Resources spawn is a problem that Dev's are already investigate and trying to fixing.

If we put money in this game, we know that all those problems and bugs will happend, thats why Steam advice us before we buy it:

""Get immediate access and get involved with this game as it develops.
Notice: This game with early access is not finished and may or may not change later. If you are not excited to play it in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game advances further in its development."

We accepted to be the teasters, so, we must be patient otherwise, you should not have bought the game. Patient my friend, patient is the key. 😉 

Sorry you guys missed the point. game will die on the vine if it's a catastrophic patch. I want it to succeed. I've beta tested for years to help and most have been small incremental adjustments, never massive changes all at once, make it very hard to trouble shoot when you include that many variables at once. First impressions are everything. I know what i was getting into.

3 minutes ago, P4TM4N said:

Sorry you guys missed the point. game will die on the vine if it's a catastrophic patch. I want it to succeed. I've beta tested for years to help and most have been small incremental adjustments, never massive changes all at once, make it very hard to trouble shoot when you include that many variables at once. First impressions are everything. I know what i was getting into.

Don't think anyone missed the point. It's alpha, the devs released some bugs in the new patch, devs are planning to fix the bugs. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for testing! /shrug