archaegeo

The insidious slow spread of creeping gratification....

yeah until people figure out a few hand grenades and some gunpowder barrels are now better than cannons. Forward outposts shouldnt stand a chance and if there is a zerg who can just keep throwing bodies at a plkace it wont last long. I also dont think some of these medium sized companies are utilizing the NPCs (why people insist on calling them AI is beyond me but whatever) to defend their bases. If you have 20-30 people in a company and you farm flotsam and Damned ships for an hour or so you can collect and pay quite a few of them, While I have seen a lot of actual raids I surely have never seen any NPCs being used as defenders. I suspect that like on ships on defenses they also have aimbot which makes them better than real players (who arent using aimbots themselves).

Ironically moonmoon approached it semi seriously. He wasnt all rage zerg he took the time made the 'siege' stuff and tried to make it look halfway decent. But his contract stopped or they stopped wanting to pay him but he hasnt played in 3 or 4 days. Rumor was he was paid 12K to stream it. Which would be 1K a stream since he streamed it 12 times. Sounds legit to me actually. I suspect most of the bigger streamers are getting compensated in some way or another.

And that is a catch 22. If they leave it lets 'regular' players have a small chance to play. But if they leave and their viewers also leave whats that do to player numbers?  They have already dropped over 10K the past two days. Overall. Not sure what the NA PVP servers numbers are specifically but I suspect theyre pretty low.

PvE will more than likely go up now that there are ways to claim land from people who might not be around anymore, But the turnover there is also going to be greater because once you build everything and tried everything. Which at this point might take a hundred hours or so, then what? 100 hours for some people is 8-10 days basically.

• Like 1

Just now, Sketch said:

still disagree if it was as easy as you say the mega tribes would walk all over eveyone, atm most peeps who are entrenched arent going anyway due to the sheer difficulty of getting past multiple stone walls/doors/gates.

The Megas are building their arsenals. 2 weeks is a lot of time really but they love horsing all of their weapons and gear. Once they have made enough to have 3 waves worth of everything and not have to worry about losing anything that is when you will start seeing the server wipes.

megas are smart and that is why they stay Megas. They wait until there is no hope of defense and that is when they strike. They already have multiple galleons. Now that the resources are doubled they will be mass manufacturing them to where even if they lose 10 it won’t even put a dent in it.

they are just biding their time. It is a hopeless scenario 

You want accses yo everything. In no tome we Will have fast travel for ships. No need to farm anithing. Everything for free. Right away.

10 people sailing a ship vs 10 people solo sailing 10 ships.

It's fun when i read "we hace Jobs". Yes, we all do. It's fun because the more slow paced and grndy games are, more mature and adults have it's playerbase. (INSANE grindy games like Life is Feudal or EvE online. You Will not find ratkid there. They get bored with the "job" of farm up your guild/company. Yo "work" to get something)

You want pew pew? World of Warships (i love it) or Fornite. This game was suppose to be an Survivalcraft MMO. It's has ZERO survival. And is a MSO. Masive Singleplayer online. LOL

You can go Zero yo lvl cap un one. You can now solo farm and solo ship every ship un the game...

What was about the idea of coop gameplay. Sailing toghether with Friends. Having cooking guy, healers. Guys at cannons, guys at sails, going for tresures and adventures?

**** It. Lets make it a Singleplayer game. A absurd easy one.

Hay want to pres "g" for my Galeon. Yo spawn in front of my. For free and fully crew. Can't wait to pew pew!!!

Sad thing is, that kind of players Will leave anyway and the ones who came here for the Survivalcraft CooP MMO, will be long gone because the game was turn in a EG+3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

still disagree if it was as easy as you say the mega tribes would walk all over eveyone, atm most peeps who are entrenched arent going anywhere due to the sheer difficulty of getting past multiple stone walls/doors/gates.

no its because there are still enough soft targets for them, and as we have established most people dont want actual PvP anyway  or any sort of a challenge. But sitting behind a bunch of walls isnt really fun either I wouldnt imagine. Its basically just an achievement to dissuade people from zerging you I guess.

And where are the sea battles? beyond guys now one shotting damned ships and farming NPCs and gold I dont remember the last time player controlled ships faced off. Actually I do it was when moonmoon happened to run into a few 'chinese' ships somewhere a week ago. But its hard to have those typres of battels anyway. A galleon a coupl ebrigs and a schooner or two as a fleet could have over 100 people on them. Doesnt leave much room for another bunch of ships in a server than has a cap of 150 (but cant even handle the 50-100 in the fleet described).

29 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

I did play Wurm and Wurm has this beaten in two areas

Sailing in Wurm is more realistic (aka winds and sails)

And in wurm when you complete something, you REALLY feel a sense of accomplishment and pride.

I was hoping this was going to be a new Wurm, but its not even close and they keep moving it away from a MMO and to a pew pew pew.

then go play Wurm and buh bye if this game is not to your liking.

1 minute ago, rodarin said:

no its because there are still enough soft targets for them, and as we have established most people dont want actual PvP anyway  or any sort of a challenge. But sitting behind a bunch of walls isnt really fun either I wouldnt imagine. Its basically just an achievement to dissuade people from zerging you I guess.

And where are the sea battles? beyond guys now one shotting damned ships and farming NPCs and gold I dont remember the last time player controlled ships faced off. Actually I do it was when moonmoon happened to run into a few 'chinese' ships somewhere a week ago. But its hard to have those typres of battels anyway. A galleon a coupl ebrigs and a schooner or two as a fleet could have over 100 people on them. Doesnt leave much room for another bunch of ships in a server than has a cap of 150 (but cant even handle the 50-100 in the fleet described).

you do realise that the numbers of ships adds to the lag in a zone besides just players right?

1 minute ago, Sketch said:

you do realise that the numbers of ships adds to the lag in a zone besides just players right?

Well in that case there definitely won’t be any large epic sea battles

Just now, Realist said:

Well in that case there definitely won’t be any large epic sea battles

i've seen it on several of the streamers that have mega tribes over 500+ and have 30+ ships in there zones basicly destroying rafts because the more ships = more lag.

i've seen it on several of the streamers that have mega tribes over 500+ and have 30+ ships in there zones basicly destroying rafts because the more ships = more lag.

Exactly, I was agreeing with you. But at the same time if a mega is on a server the most that can come over is a raft. I really don’t see there being any big battles with multiple ships. 150 only leaves 75 per side but if we are also counting ships then there is only going to be 50 per side max. Not to mention that people get randomly kicked when there are too many people which will mess up battles even more.

what happens in the guy on the cannon gets kicked. Or worse what if the captain that’s driving the ship gets kicked? 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Exactly, I was agreeing with you. But at the same time if a mega is on a server the most that can come over is a raft. I really don’t see there being any big battles with multiple ships. 150 only leaves 75 per side but if we are also counting ships then there is only going to be 50 per side max. Not to mention that people get randomly kicked when there are too many people which will mess up battles even more.

what happens in the guy on the cannon gets kicked. Or worse what if the captain that’s driving the ship gets kicked? 

think the ship gets moved with the captian if he is migrated whilst driving it

Edited by Sketch

8 minutes ago, Loni said:

then go play Wurm and buh bye if this game is not to your liking.

Always the brilliant reply.  I dont want Wurm, I want the official servers of Atlas to be the MMO they promised.

• Like 1

think the ship gets moved with the captian if he is migrated whilst driving it

No clue but that wasn’t the point. If the leader gets taken out of the equation that is already messing up the whole battle scenario.

1 hour ago, archaegeo said:

You can 100% play on unofficial servers with 10x rates or whatever you need.

When the game sells itself as a MMO, it needs long term progression and accomplishments.

We are 2 weeks in and everything in game is makeable already.

Wait hold on there pallyboi, what happened to your preaching of "it's early access it's early access! waah!"

You're bitching about shit that's subject to change, while I on the other hand complain about things that, based on a game they've already made, shouldn't even be an issue.

Get fucking real. 

Edited by Tentarro

I guess Moonmoon was paid the 12K for a single 2 hour session/event. He talked about it on a stream the day after he buried Atlas as complete garbage. He said he donated it to charity. So take that for what its worth.

But he basically said in the farewell to Atlas the guys who made this game should quit. Pretty funny stuff actually.

Cant link I guess but watch his last Atlas video like the last 5 minutes and the first 10-15 minutes of the one the next day.

21 minutes ago, Tentarro said:

You're bitching about shit that's subject to change [...] Get fucking real.

The subject IS the change. If you don't voice your opinion in EA how is it supposed to change before the cement sets?

10 minutes ago, Nari said:

The subject IS the change. If you don't voice your opinion in EA how is it supposed to change before the cement sets?

If you could convey that to resident dumbass Archaeago that'd be a better use of time

he's the same dude that thinks having a wolf somehow enter your base with no holes and everyone dying is somehow our fault for doing "something wrong"

1 hour ago, Manaos said:

It's fun when i read "we hace Jobs". Yes, we all do. It's fun because the more slow paced and grndy games are, more mature and adults have it's playerbase. (INSANE grindy games like Life is Feudal or EvE online.

I've been farming this whole day and i'm looking into a few more hours of grind. And the grind is 10 times more boring than it is in LiF (even if it's essentially the same - somehow it didn't feel that dull and stupid in LiF) and 100 times more boring compared to eve. 

And that's with 2x rates.

Somehow it doesn't feel intantly gratifying at all and yeah, i have a job.

2 hours ago, archaegeo said:

You can 100% play on unofficial servers with 10x rates or whatever you need.

When the game sells itself as a MMO, it needs long term progression and accomplishments.

We are 2 weeks in and everything in game is makeable already.

Um none of this is perm this game will not be even remotely the same in 3 years 

11 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

I've been farming this whole day and i'm looking into a few more hours of grind. And the grind is 10 times more boring than it is in LiF (even if it's essentially the same - somehow it didn't feel that dull and stupid in LiF) and 100 times more boring compared to eve. 

And that's with 2x rates.

Somehow it doesn't feel intantly gratifying at all and yeah, i have a job.

That is beacuse in Life or Eve your grind had and objetive. Build your base, the Castle Keep, a new Kitchen with high Quality, or because your corp is working toward a new Fortizar, or you just we're after a Carrier, etc.

Here there is no satisfaction in anything because nothing really need hard work. The monday the ships Will cost Even less so... In 3 days where people with the full content unlock. Talk about endgame! XD

No profesions for charters. No food need. No drink need. No healers need. No CooP need for sail ships. No understad how wind works need. No farm need. 

Jeez, this is going well uh?

Next episode:

Ships cheaper.

God mode.

Instan battle mode.

X-ray visión.

Hotkey to craft ships in front of you. 

Fast travel with inventory.

No aggro from NPC. (The spawn rate is a little bronken, that is true)

Autopilot for ship, whilr NPC crew fight if someone get close.

Something I'm missing?

12 minutes ago, Manaos said:

That is beacuse in Life or Eve your grind had and objetive. Build your base, the Castle Keep, a new Kitchen with high Quality, or because your corp is working toward a new Fortizar, or you just we're after a Carrier, etc.

OR because in Eve (a game about spaceships) you were farming on your spaceship.

In Life is Feudal you were living a feudal life.

Atlas was supposed to be a game about sailboats but most of the time you just farm mats and don't step anywhere near the said sailboats.

I agree we need death penalties and a purpose for food and healing and stuff, but i agree with 2x gathering, ship weight limits increase and i'm ok with the latest patch in general.

Edited by LaiTash

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Atlas was supposed to be a game about sailboats but most of the time you just farm mats and don't step anywhere near the said sailboats.

I agree we need death penalties and a purpose for food and healing and stuff, but i agree with 2x gathering, ship weight limits increase and i'm ok with the latest patch in general.

And with solo sailing? Instead of sail with 10 Friends your ship and going to Chase adventures, you get 10 people sailing a fleet of 10 ships by their own.

I'm more than ok to solo play. But can't be done un the same srv.

5 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Yeah true. If this does come to console I am staying on my island and building my base like I do in ark.

i will have a raft with some storage boxes on it but that is about it.

not just that, I am going to be in the snow where I don’t see that many people and just focus on base defenses. The people will be half dead by the time they get to my base anyways 😂 every level is going into fortitude so good luck for all the players with melee and such lol I am a land dweller

1 minute ago, Manaos said:

And with solo sailing? Instead of sail with 10 Friends your ship and going to Chase adventures, you get 10 people sailing a fleet of 10 ships by their own.

I'm more than ok to solo play. But can't be done un the same srv.

I don't know who's sailing solo. I need at least one dude to do repairs while i'm manning the boat and at least one other dude, better more.

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

I don't know who's sailing solo. I need at least one dude to do repairs while i'm manning the boat and at least one other dude, better more.

Who needs to repair a ship when you can make another one in an hour 😂

probably gonna see a lot of people just ramming ships into the beach instead of parking it now 😂

The changes are fine.

Everything they changed was for the better. It was extremely tedious before and wasn't even engaging enough or at all to call RiskVs.Reward.

Sailing speed was too slow, building ships was too slow, and no one was using the content as intended. Now people can explore and PvP with their ships (the point of the game). 

The skill system still sucks but at least they're helping by adding more points and levels. It makes no sense to have your tamer tame stuff only so no one can use it, atleast now you can eventually ride it when you've reached a high enough level to put points in it.

The game never was and still isn't instant gratification. Tons of crap in the game is still tedious as hell that requires you to do nothing but grind for the next better thing.

It's odd to see people say that people should spend more time hitting trees/rocks instead of sailing/exploring/pvping/pveing. The changes made the game better.