Sign in to follow this  
Ransurias

Great patch notes, Grapeshot!

Loving many of these changes! Fire arrows needed to be toned down, and being able to grief other players by offline raiding their ships with pickaxes and hatchets was frustrating to say the least. This new round of patches is a massive step in the right direction. Thanks a ton!

• Like 2

Yes. Nerf Flame arrows and make plate armor literally unkillable until monday, while making this Alpha elephant require 45 bows to kill. Good changes xD. 

it is game gets better daily , all those negative players that slated the game at start dont understand what EA means 

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

Yes. Nerf Flame arrows and make plate armor literally unkillable until monday, while making this Alpha elephant require 45 bows to kill. Good changes xD. 

Taking a regular elephant down with a bow would be quite the accomplishment.  And Alpha-anything is supposed to be super difficult! I was always surprised that my bows never seemed to take any damage and seemed to last forever.  Right now bows in general are maybe a little OP though.  There's little advantage to switching to guns (which take forever to reload, carbines can't be used in water, etc), so this is just added incentive to make the switch (and encouraging progression is always a good thing)

1 minute ago, UDO said:

it is game gets better daily , all those negative players that slated the game at start dont understand what EA means 

Hahaha, right?  It's crazy what a little patience will get you!  I think some of those negative players would have found anything to complain about though.  There's just no pleasing some people (especially if they're just naturally miserable people)

Just now, Domino said:

Taking a regular elephant down with a bow would be quite the accomplishment.  And Alpha-anything is supposed to be super difficult! I was always surprised that my bows never seemed to take any damage and seemed to last forever.  Right now bows in general are maybe a little OP though.  There's little advantage to switching to guns (which take forever to reload, carbines can't be used in water, etc), so this is just added incentive to make the switch (and encouraging progression is always a good thing)

The problem is, inherently, firearms are drastically underpowered. They acknowledged that and are going to buff them (On Monday), but that leaves the question of why are they pushing a nerf to literally all aspects of the game (IE Nerfing bows) over an issue solved by buffing fire arms so it doesn't take 180 shots from a pistol to kill an alpha chicken. 

i would wait to see how the nerf is , its just the impact of arrow that was reduced and some fire damage . It was already 1-3 fire arrows to kill and alpha 

8 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

They acknowledged that and are going to buff them (On Monday), but that leaves the question of why are they pushing a nerf to literally all aspects of the game (IE Nerfing bows) over an issue solved by buffing fire arms so it doesn't take 180 shots from a pistol to kill an alpha chicken. 

Fire arrows are undeniably over powered compared to every other option currently in the game.  Try digging up a treasure chest with each of the weapons and you'll find fire arrows are MUCH easier than literally every other option, whether it's in a group or solo.  A low level recipe shouldn't be waaaaay more powerful than firearms which take significantly more skill points to unlock.  (That's not to say that guns don't also need a buff, though!  They do!  Blunderbus = trash)

And you're looking at alpha chickens all wrong... you gain exp for each shot you take at it.  So next time, use a regular bow, put a hundred or more arrows into it, and start raking in the levels!  😄  (I wouldn't suggest this with something like an Alpha wolf though!  Haha)

3 minutes ago, Domino said:

Fire arrows are undeniably over powered compared to every other option currently in the game.  Try digging up a treasure chest with each of the weapons and you'll find fire arrows are MUCH easier than literally every other option, whether it's in a group or solo.  A low level recipe shouldn't be waaaaay more powerful than firearms which take significantly more skill points to unlock.  (That's not to say that guns don't also need a buff, though!  They do!  Blunderbus = trash)

And you're looking at alpha chickens all wrong... you gain exp for each shot you take at it.  So next time, use a regular bow, put a hundred or more arrows into it, and start raking in the levels!  😄  (I wouldn't suggest this with something like an Alpha wolf though!  Haha)

Fire arrows *are* overpowered, but the only reason they're overpowered is because every other ranged option is complete garbage. As in complete and utter garbage. I don't disagree with nerfing them, but nerfing them before buffing firearms to be a usable alternative is awful. As it stands you probably are better off pickaxing something to death then using a gun. 

Edited by Ellentro

i wonder where will the territory taxes go? will they add a new chest for it or will they drop into the owners inventory, sinking its ship?

17 minutes ago, Linea said:

i wonder where will the territory taxes go? will they add a new chest for it or will they drop into the owners inventory, sinking its ship?

Territory taxes are already in the game. You can set them via the placable/craftable Tax bank. Items harvested in your claimed region with a tax bank active will have a tax you set (0 to 30%) placed automatically in the bank. 

ok, nerfed arrow flame arrows and bows on top.

what about borged hitboxes ?

it would make perfect sense if your nerfed arrows in the end would do the damage they're intented to do