Sign in to follow this  
pogopvp

Ghost ships... (Are you kidding me?)

So, we've just started another journey on the ocean.. hoping after 20 nerfs of ghostships we wouldnt see 50 ships in a 1 mile radius..

err... too bad..

" Ghost ships are supposed to be a rare encounter"??

Come on... we just saw another 7 ships together and we have to go out of our way to avoid them...

Is this intended?

That's the state of the game... those damned ships, you spend an hour sailing in circles around them only to end back up at your starting destination. 

It's bad period.

Technicality, but I'm pretty sure SoD and Ghost Ships are two different things. I've noticed a reduction in SoD spawns but clearly still needs adjusting.

I agree the spawn rate is pretty nuts. This was me the night of the latest patch when their numbers were reduced. One screenshot left, another right both taken at the same time.

I also love how they spawn either in your path or just left or right of it and do figure 8's in the way so you have no option but to steer around. Which depending on the wind can add a lot of extra time. Sometimes I just say screw it if the wind is behind me and cruise by take a few lobs and speed off into the sunset but still feels unbalanced. This assumes you do Medium/Large speed sail on sloop or schooner and your boat isn't encumbered at the 70% mark or whatever the weight is when your ship turns into a slug.

AtlasGame_2018-12-30_19-51-00.png

AtlasGame_2018-12-30_19-51-14.png

Edited by Thor Ragnarock
Error

They like to spawn in a line to prevent you from wanting to ever leave or explore your current server is a more accurate explanation.

Ships of the Damned must be a Special and more rar Encounter.

The Players must be enjoy to kill this Ships while they are Rar.

At the moment its boring, always you on sea u see this ships.

The spawn rates at predators and SotD are really to much

Edited by Harry Bosch
  • Like 1

I agree they need to nerf them even more,

I was sailing my sloop kept checking around there were about 10 ships around me overall so much for reduced spawn rate.

I was clear so i checked my map quickly to see if I'm not too far off course and one spawned right behind me...

It chased me about a quarter of the way in that zone before finally destroying my sloop.

They need to change it so they do not attack any raft or sloop without weapons or reduce it that they only attack if you bump into them.

You can't play the game if you are in a small company or a solo player, You can't sail cause you will die to ghost ship, on land you get chased by predators, I have a base and it was surrounded by snakes, lions, wolfs, scorpion, and crocs the moment I step out they all attack me. They should make it that predators fight each other too

Edited by fross okami

Guys they reduced the spawnrate of those ships, but they forgot to do /kill all to reset those spawns. So the crazy spawns will be there for a while, until they are either killed or despawned on their own. But with the new agro range they are pretty easy to navigate

Edit:  also from what i have noticed they seem to be more ships in the tundra compared to desert area's.

Edited by Poezewoefke

not if one spawn right behind you

I was checking constantly around me, I checked the map for 1 second and one spawn right behind me

what sail you have on your sloop? Also how heavy was it?

Cause i'm running them with one medium speed sail and i can get attacked and chased and i outrun them very easy ( not taking too much damage ) if i'm not above 80% weight

you can't outrun them when the wind is weak

yesterday: changed server

2 ghost ships spawned on me at same time

2 speed sails on my sloop, 20% of weight, but no wind

can't outrun them, i died

Damned ships can travel counter wind, but they can travel as fast even if there is no wind (aka when a normal ship can't outrun)

and they can spawn on the border of the map so you dont see them 🙂

fix this omg

They need to set a hard limit of three or five per grid square. They also need to keep them away from the edges. Twice now I've gone through server wall and landed on top of them. 

Edited by TheSzerdi
Typo

2 small speed sails is alot slower then 1 medium speed sail. So build them like that next time. Also when you hear the music and you agro one ( it is realy close range though ) then all you have to do is full wind in sails and run. They will not be able to follow. Offcourse if you gonna keep sailing on low wind they will catch you. Just turn that ass around and run, i have not lost my ship since that change and i do a ton of sailing.

For example that first picture, you can easaly T bone that boat line and sail straight trough if you have full wind in sails