Sign in to follow this  
Zadira

Are Taming Resources supposed to be almost impossible?

We have been to several islands now and we have not been able to find any of the taming resources. We need wheat, rushes, sugar cane, honey and maize among other things.  I know you can find the items in certain regions but we are just not having any luck at all.

We have found that different plants can give the same item, like parsley. The plants look different but give the same resource.  Is something bugged so that the plants might not be giving the correct item? Wouldn't it be better if a certain plant that looks like parsley would give parsley, not other plants?

We found these very cool things that look like they would give honey but they give sap.  I am getting sap like crazy from a lot of other resources. Why do so many things give sap? Hahaha? 

I am just curious if others are having as much difficulty finding the taming resources.

Things are scattered all over on purpose so you set up trades.

Most people I see with good tames have traded for the materials they needed.

Yeah - need to trade for it - Problem is that most people just go straight out KOS making it difficult to find places to do trades at all

I've never seen an Island yet that had Tameable Animals, as yet.  Crocs and Snakes seem to be all there are, bar Vultures and the odd Scorpion.  I saw a Cow once and felt a wave of nostalgia.  😄

I have found that if you are persistent in killing the aggressive animals, the friendly animals will start to populate. Where I am now originally had Crocs, snakes, vultures and scorpions. Now those are much less, but I have lots of elephants, rhinos, cows, bulls, seagulls and crows. The friendly animals also help to control the aggressive ones.

We are playing on an unofficial server. Hopefully there will be enough people to trade with. I am still confused why we get different items from different plants. I would think a parsley plant would only look like a parsley plant. Maybe this will get fixed some day?

Not only to improve trading - The reason this has not become an ARK DLC is because it couldn’t handle this load with all the stacked dino’s, kibble farms AND all the ships laying around. Therefore it’s surely been made harder to not make it to easy to spam dino/animal parks again. Which I like, in ARK it was all about the dino’s, in this game that’s just one of the other things. 

16 hours ago, Zadira said:

We have been to several islands now and we have not been able to find any of the taming resources. We need wheat, rushes, sugar cane, honey and maize among other things.  I know you can find the items in certain regions but we are just not having any luck at all.

We have found that different plants can give the same item, like parsley. The plants look different but give the same resource.  Is something bugged so that the plants might not be giving the correct item? Wouldn't it be better if a certain plant that looks like parsley would give parsley, not other plants?

We found these very cool things that look like they would give honey but they give sap.  I am getting sap like crazy from a lot of other resources. Why do so many things give sap? Hahaha? 

I am just curious if others are having as much difficulty finding the taming resources.

Rushes are easy , in c12 at least it is like thatch you get it from trees, also chamanile for sheep is all over our island as flowers on the ground, prime meat for lions you get from cows. We are struggling to find wheat, turnip, and maize tho.

I guess my concern is that they rushed the game so much that the resources are just not actually done correctly. I know the resources can be found, there is evidence that some have found them. What I am wondering is if all the plants have actually been coded to give the correct thing.  Since we are in EA, that might be the case and why we are finding weird things when we harvest things. 

Maybe I am just being too picky. My hope is that when we see a particular plant in the wild, we will know that plant gives us certain things. It is much more fun to search for a particular plant than to just go around pressing E, hoping for the best.