Sign in to follow this  
MindOfMadness

Dev priorities... LOL

All the stuff wrong with the game from people sinking boats to stealing from locked chests and flags this is what the devs respond to...

Atlas 3.png

I don't see anything wrong, it's an answer the Devs know and while cruising the posts it was a low hanging fruit. We may have some reasonable complaints for the Devs, but this is not one of them. 

The beef is that they won't reply to any of the real complaints or problems and obviously they read them.

They'll take a minute for some random shit that's not even in the game yet can't give us a "we're working on it"

Edited by MindOfMadness

mate iv been hitting them up in the discord, twitter and forums and still no response to flags or any of the other pve bugs let alone a basic yeeeeah we see that 😞

the ONLY reason i can see (and if you see others let me know) that they havent acknowledged it, is they dont want too many ppl to see that its an actual problem and unleash the trolls on it

58 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

The beef is that they won't reply to any of the real complaints or problems and obviously they read them.

They'll take a minute for some random shit that's not even in the game yet can't give us a "we're working on it"

Unfortunately, a lot of the "complaints" are more like venting full of swearing, tantrums and calling the devs names or insults.  If I was one of the devs, I wouldn't give those people the time of day either.  Those people don't deserve an answer or really deserve anything.  If anything, they should apologize and try working on their communication skills.  As a player and when I come to browse the forums for useful game info, even I cringe and wish a lot of these people would go away.  And I'm not even the one being insulted (usually).  If we want the devs to listen to us and to foster a close relationship with their community, a little respect goes a long way.

But I'm glad they took the time to clarify about the Tarot tress, I was actually asking about that on our server earlier today.  OP: Thanks for posting it here!

Most likely the devs aren't answering that because they have no concrete answers. That doesn't mean it's not high on their priorities, just that they don't want to tell you something and it not pan out, leading to more community uproar. The devs are working hard, and through the holidays man, just give it a while.

The devs don't answer something, people complain, the devs answer something, people complain. :classic_blink:

The devs priorities right now are and clearly have been related to server stability and connection issues which is the biggest of all problems that need to be resolved above anything else. They have been extremely and clearly vocal about this.

Yes there are some other big issues, but they are working very hard and extremely long hours. To complain that they answered a question about something that isn't even in the game yet is silly, I mean the person asking the question had no idea it wasn't in the game yet. Also to say they don't reply to real complaints and problems, well why did they do anything with Ghost Ships? Was it not because they were responding to the real complaints and problems that the players were raising?

Why did they fix the repair hammer from being used to kill players in PvE? Was it not because players were raising these problems?

Complaints about devs answering some questions and not all questions, and then claiming they don't reply to players real problems and complaints is just an example of cherry picking what to complain about.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The devs don't answer something, people complain, the devs answer something, people complain. :classic_blink:

The devs priorities right now are and clearly have been related to server stability and connection issues which is the biggest of all problems that need to be resolved above anything else. They have been extremely and clearly vocal about this.

Yes there are some other big issues, but they are working very hard and extremely long hours. To complain that they answered a question about something that isn't even in the game yet is silly, I mean the person asking the question had no idea it wasn't in the game yet. Also to say they don't reply to real complaints and problems, well why did they do anything with Ghost Ships? Was it not because they were responding to the real complaints and problems that the players were raising?

Why did they fix the repair hammer from being used to kill players in PvE? Was it not because players were raising these problems?

Complaints about devs answering some questions and not all questions, and then claiming they don't reply to players real problems and complaints is just an example of cherry picking what to complain about.

Players have been sinking other player's rafts and boats since launch and it could easily be fixed through many avenues. They could make it so the raft or boat just doesn't move or only does damage to the item or player holding the weight. It would make more sense that if I was holding 400lbs of rock more than I'm supposed to that I would be injured not the floor I was standing on.

Choosing the one thing they did fix is a far better example of cherry picking than saying these 10 other things they haven't fixed is...

Edited by MindOfMadness

1 minute ago, MindOfMadness said:

Players have been sinking other player's rafts and boats since launch and it could easily be fixed through many avenues. They could make it so the raft or boat just doesn't move, or only does damage to the item or player holding the weight. It would make more sense that if I was hold 400lbs of rock more than I'm supposed to that I would be injured not the floor I was standing on.

Choosing the one thing they did fix is a far better example of cherry picking than saying these 10 other things they haven't fixed is...

i understand stability is a big deal, but they need to atlest let us know they are aware of these problems or more peeps with just get frustrated.

• Like 1

Could solve the people sinking boats by weight by making them only recognize the weight of company/alliance members. Would fix the problem in pve and still allow people to board boats in pvp to kill crew and players during a battle.

I don't think anybody denies that servers and network should be the first priority.  The problem is that there have been a number of other fixes going on, and a few communications about upcoming things, and none of them are the major problems people are seeing.  Claiming, griefing in pve, etc.  For a dev to come into the forums in this context and answer something about tarot is ridiculous.  They need to say something about the major issues, even if it's just "We're aware, we'll update you on what we'll do about them", and half the upset people would be happy.

Some people who have gone off the rails will never be happy, and aren't worth worrying about.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I don't think anybody denies that servers and network should be the first priority.  The problem is that there have been a number of other fixes going on, and a few communications about upcoming things, and none of them are the major problems people are seeing.  Claiming, griefing in pve, etc.  For a dev to come into the forums in this context and answer something about tarot is ridiculous.  They need to say something about the major issues, even if it's just "We're aware, we'll update you on what we'll do about them", and half the upset people would be happy.

Some people who have gone off the rails will never be happy, and aren't worth worrying about.

Shut up and stop making reasonable statements...

You're ruining my sales of pitchforks and torches.

• Haha 1

The weight of other companies members weight not having an impact on ship weight would create an exploit. One memeber leaves the company temporarily, standing next to a chest. Now he can fill his inventory with resources/items without any impact on the ship. The best solutions would be makeing the boat unmoveable when overloaded and limit the player overweight movement ability.