Cantore

More land lubbers than anticipated!

More land options:  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think the devs should handle the lack of land in PvE? (You may choose more than one option)

• Limit the Tundra areas to 1 grid row in the North, and 1 row in the South, instead of their current 3 rows. Give us extra grid rows of Tropic, Desert, and Temperate zones.
    • Give us another Official PvE server please!
    • Limit land claims to 1 per person in your Company.
    • Limit land claims to 1 per Company, but allow for the claim to expand in size with more players added to the Company. Do NOT allow claims to be placed where they will expand into other player zones even after expanding (allowing for Company growth for all Companies) unless the area can be contested because of inactivity.
    • Do NOT allow for the grabbing of land in PvE unless the company is inactive for longer than 1 week (since vacations in RL do happen).
    • Allow claims to be taken over in PvE (as in its current state).

AHOY MATES!

Currently, as everyone knows, there's a terrible issue with PvE'rs getting any land. We've all heard the suggestions thus far, and they're good... but I haven't seen these, and it has surprised me (forgive me if I'm wrong, 'cause I've been looking for a suggestion like this, and I haven't seen it yet...)

Only 2 Suggestions:

1) Limit Tundra servers to 1 vertical row of servers in the North (A1 - O1) and 1 row of Tundra servers in the South. In their place, give us an extra row of Temperate zones in the north and south, and an extra row of tropics in the north and south.

REASONING: Few players can survive more than 5 minutes in the Tundra area, and frankly, it's viciously ridiculous with wolves, lions (which shouldn't be there anyways), and other vermin. Setting up base there is suicidal and most players can't handle it. Let the few die-hard players still have a few islands in the tundra, but having 6 rows of Tundra on the map and only 4 rows of tropics and 4 rows of temperate is just plain silly.

2) Make another Official PvE server with the above changes. LOL

If you like these ideas, vote for them in the poll šŸ™‚

• Thanks 1

How about 'Get rid of the Damned'

I never wanted to be a land lubber in the first place. I wanted to live off my ship and explore, taking on supplies as I travelled, trading with locals, and bringing back my bounty to a small, off-shore dockyard/workshop that only needed a tiny spit of rock to be placed where I could build my future/replacement ships and make upgrades.

Instead I'm stuck with a rather large land claim that I'm only hanging onto/derping around withĀ because there is no future for me at seaĀ with the Damned everywhere,Ā most of my friends are in the same boat... or, land claims. Being in boat is exactly where we're not. If we could survive out there, I'd give up the prime land claims in a heartbeat.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RyuujinZERO said:

How about 'Get rid of the Damned'

I never wanted to be a land lubber in the first place. I wanted to live off my ship and explore, taking on supplies as I travelled, trading with locals, and bringing back my bounty to a small, off-shore dockyard/workshop that only needed a tiny spit of rock to be placed where I could build my future/replacement ships and make upgrades.

Instead I'm stuck with a rather large land claim that I'm only hanging onto/derping around withĀ because there is no future for me at seaĀ with the Damned everywhere,Ā most of my friends are in the same boat... or, land claims. Being in boat is exactly where we're not. If we could survive out there, I'd give up the prime land claims in a heartbeat.

this 100$ got my boat ready to again fior the third time , now like u derping about on land o going on short trips on raft that is a pain to drive about with the windĀ not always going where u want the point of this game was the sea not to be sat on land building shit that u will never use šŸ˜•

3 hours ago, Cantore said:

AHOY MATES!

Currently, as everyone knows, there's a terrible issue with PvE'rs getting any land. We've all heard the suggestions thus far, and they're good... but I haven't seen these, and it has surprised me (forgive me if I'm wrong, 'cause I've been looking for a suggestion like this, and I haven't seen it yet...)

Only 2 Suggestions:

1) Limit Tundra servers to 1 vertical row of servers in the North (A1 - O1) and 1 row of Tundra servers in the South. In their place, give us an extra row of Temperate zones in the north and south, and an extra row of tropics in the north and south.

REASONING: Few players can survive more than 5 minutes in the Tundra area, and frankly, it's viciously ridiculous with wolves, lions (which shouldn't be there anyways), and other vermin. Setting up base there is suicidal and most players can't handle it. Let the few die-hard players still have a few islands in the tundra, but having 6 rows of Tundra on the map and only 4 rows of tropics and 4 rows of temperate is just plain silly.

2) Make another Official PvE server with the above changes. LOL

If you like these ideas, vote for them in the poll šŸ™‚

the tundra areas are tf the more preapred , ie players that have gotten furs and lvl up enough to have enough fort 2 of our alliance have already started building there as fg last night as 1.there is a lots less aggro wit land claims , .2 turnips šŸ™‚

guys build a schooner, get 2 buddies.. 10 gun complement and sink the ghost ships. Dont as to take away the E in PVE. Its not hard to blow them up.Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stormoffires said:

guys build a schooner, get 2 buddies.. 10 gun complement and sink the ghost ships. Dont as to take away the E in PVE. Its not hard to blow them up.Ā 

dont want the E taken away they need to spread them out more , htey are always clumped up 4-6 at a timeĀ 

just also had this idea (posted somewhere else): Lets build floating structures on the oceans, by connecting rafts and add the ability to build on rafts. Also yesterday many of the costal rock formations are not "solid ground": when swimming to land you glide/slip UNDER the land structure, seeing textures from below, swimming in an underground ocean.

I don't really like any of theseĀ options. So here's my ideas!

I think the diminishing returns on claim flags should be a thing. Claim all you want, but the more you claim, the less protection time you have on that flag. Could even add in making the size of the claim area smaller with each new flag. Eventually, anyone will hit a point where it's just not possible to maintain the timers on the flags and will be forced to stop or the size of the claim would be pointlessly small.

Could solve the people sinking boats by weight by making them only recognize the weight of company/alliance members. Would fix the problem in pve and still allow people to board boats in pvp to kill crew and players during a battle.

In regards to Damned ships

I wouldn't want to see them removed entirely but seriously, they need to knock down theĀ numbers a bit. I built a sloop and was taking it to another area and in 1 server I saw maybe 5 or 6 different Damned ships. They were all fairly close together as well.

That's another issue. They seem to spawn in the same areas together like there isn't some kind of check to see if one is within range of the spawner.

Come to think of it, that's a solution. If the spawns work like they do on ark. you could just set 4 spawners, 1 in each quadrant of a server, and have each one spawn a Damned ship with a check to see if there is another one in that area before spawning a new one. Hell, you could even add a condition to that check to allow a second one to spawn occasionally. I'd also make it so the ships stay in their quadrant as well. After you fix them, then you can add other dangers to the ocean to keep it deadly, but provide a nice variety of shit to kill people. These boats are just boring and a pain with the way they are. I'd rather lose boats to dragons, mermaids, sirens, or other players than the same thing constantly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoomerMcFisticuffs said:

I think the diminishing returns on claim flags should be a thing. Claim all you want, but the more you claim, the less protection time you have on that flag. Could even add in making the size of the claim area smaller with each new flag. Eventually, anyone will hit a point where it's just not possible to maintain the timers on the flags and will be forced to stop or the size of the claim would be pointlessly small.

Could solve the people sinking boats by weight by making them only recognize the weight of company/alliance members. Would fix the problem in pve and still allow people to board boats in pvp to kill crew and players during a battle.

I wouldn't want to see them removed entirely but seriously, they need to knock down theĀ numbers a bit. I built a sloop and was taking it to another area and in 1 server I saw maybe 5 or 6 different Damned ships. They were all fairly close together as well.

That's another issue. They seem to spawn in the same areas together like there isn't some kind of check to see if one is within range of the spawner.

Come to think of it, that's a solution. If the spawns work like they do on ark. you could just set 4 spawners, 1 in each quadrant of a server, and have each one spawn a Damned ship with a check to see if there is another one in that area before spawning a new one. Hell, you could even add a condition to that check to allow a second one to spawn occasionally. I'd also make it so the ships stay in their quadrant as well. After you fix them, then you can add other dangers to the ocean to keep it deadly, but provide a nice variety of shit to kill people. These boats are just boring and a pain with the way they are. I'd rather lose boats to dragons, mermaids, sirens, or other players than the same thing constantly.

now thast is a good ideaĀ 

On 1/1/2019 at 6:57 PM, BoomerMcFisticuffs said:

Actually some excellent ideas here!