Sign in to follow this  
Dr Grim

The game will end up with just 4 mega tribes...

The way the game is going right now is that the mega tribes eats up all islands. Then they Leave them and goes for the next island to claim.

very soon on pvp all smaller groups of players will quit the game due to being obliterated once daily. 

This is ridicoulus! The game will never have more people to play it, because when they do they end up in the same circle as everyone else that is not a part of a big empire. DEAD and RUINED once a day!

Single players-forget it

10 players-forget it

100 players- you might have a chance

You need to do something about Company player limit.

Remove alliances?

You NEED to do something about the claim land function. All islands are taken. And if you claim you will be destroyed fast!

please look into this! I love the game and do not want to quit, but soon I will have no other choice. 😢

• Like 1

haha its all the same problems nearly every conquest MMO had/has. I remeber Darkfall having the battle the same problems in 2008 already.

1. Gain power in game.

2. Implement mechanics, to make it harder to gain equal powers.

3. Then make those powers, easy to defend.

For example give players a radar like warning, that they can control larger areas than they actually can.

Make new players spawn in starting areas when killed, but let locals spawn on their bed on that same island, where you cannot hide beds without triggering warnings first.

Of course are they trying to fight everybody, who comes by, when they don't need to take any risk for doing it, if they had just invested more time into that game till that point.

New players should actually be the people, who have an advantage, like in chess, when you take out pieces against weaker opponents.

Making games to sh*t on new players, cannot be the solution. The real problem you are facing is that, you have to make a game, where people have to get good at to be powerful, not a game, where people are just getting powerful by playing, without actually getting any better. Level your real self up, not your ingame charakter.

I might be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not good for competition to have these giant tribes in PVP. ARK had this issue for years until they finally released small tribes servers which instantly became so popular that every server has been nearly always maxed out ever since. 

They are making it either too easy or too hard to control a large tribe. Currently the only limited ressource is land and it is too hard to get and too easy to defend.

Nothing political when a few people control large factions and nobody has any option, but to join. Those factions aren't naturally strong. Those factions control far too large areas, with their warning system. They can move out with large groups no problem and defend with far too few people, because they know an attack is happening, even if nobody is close or seeing it.

There are no political skills involved either, when you 1v1 a person and have an unfair disadvantage, because of artificially buffing being first and investing more time and that person knows it and has therefore no interest in discussion over aggression without any threat at all.

There is a lot of mindless killing going on as well, because of those mechanics. PvP should just mean, that it is a feature. People don't even kill every mob when playing PVE, because it has barely any value, but those could be generated without any player losing quality of life.

If i go somewhere and nobody is home and it isn't locked or i have enough time to destroy the door, why can't i do anything that the "Owner" does until he prevents me from doing it. If i get to an island and that person knows that i have time to do anything i want there until he is back from a starting island, if i kill him once. Does this guy want to fight me?

I think they will fix the issues. It will just be a matter of time and also game play hours and bugs being reported, game play being smoothed... Such as cooking and combat. Hang in there everyone!

59 minutes ago, Muri said:

Nothing political when a few people control large factions and nobody has any option, but to join. Those factions aren't naturally strong. Those factions control far too large areas, with their warning system. They can move out with large groups no problem and defend with far too few people, because they know an attack is happening, even if nobody is close or seeing it.

There are no political skills involved either, when you 1v1 a person and have an unfair disadvantage, because of artificially buffing being first and investing more time and that person knows it and has therefore no interest in discussion over aggression without any threat at all.

There is a lot of mindless killing going on as well, because of those mechanics. PvP should just mean, that it is a feature. People don't even kill every mob when playing PVE, because it has barely any value, but those could be generated without any player losing quality of life.

If i go somewhere and nobody is home and it isn't locked or i have enough time to destroy the door, why can't i do anything that the "Owner" does until he prevents me from doing it. If i get to an island and that person knows that i have time to do anything i want there until he is back from a starting island, if i kill him once. Does this guy want to fight me?

Jesus Christ. This game is clearly not for you. Please seek something easier, like Hello Kitty online. Ask for a refund and get out.

Yeah, let's start a metadiscussion about your behavior now? I'm currently enjoying it, but i don't have to dream of the same thing. Every player potentially has his own opinion, in how this should turn out and most including myself maybe don't even exactly know what game they would like most.

If you would be able to maintain individual relationships for example. When you could flag a Player as "have met him and hasn't killed me" and could share this with your allies or even with multiple groups different ratings if you want to get creative.

There could be people with good reputations in multiple factions, which could maybe benefit trade. The name of another Player could be starting Green and turn Red or Black depending on how often, someone killed you individually. And this number would stay and could only be globally reset after a certain amount of time and creating a new charakter or paying for it to be reset. Like that you don't get the element of surprise and can be unseen without paying for it.

In that Situation a flat tech-tree with minipuzzles to craft stuff, which you can do when you know how, would make more sense as well. So you could get rid of leveling your charakter up for no reason. People who like that game are going to play it anyway, not because they have to do the same stuff over and over again.

If your Charakter then dies to age or some other reason, you would start a knew charakter and that charakter would be a genius because he knows how to do everything.

But as I said. There are plenty games that could be made.

I'm stopping here. I still like what they made and enjoyed playing it and it was already worth its money for me and i don't think i'm done playing it either. But may i have a dream please?

The game will end up with just 4 mega tribes...

And their names shall be: Caldari, Minmatar, Gallente and Amarr

• Like 1

Smaller tribes server wouldnt stop mega alliances. Thats just the nature of reality, it's no different from real life. You just need to accept that when youre in a hostile environment you need to roll with a gang to survive. If youre the only one without a team you are just easy prey.

Edited by MightySheep

On 12/31/2018 at 8:38 AM, Dr Grim said:

The way the game is going right now is that the mega tribes eats up all islands. Then they Leave them and goes for the next island to claim.

very soon on pvp all smaller groups of players will quit the game due to being obliterated once daily. 

This is ridicoulus! The game will never have more people to play it, because when they do they end up in the same circle as everyone else that is not a part of a big empire. DEAD and RUINED once a day!

Single players-forget it

10 players-forget it

100 players- you might have a chance

You need to do something about Company player limit.

Remove alliances?

You NEED to do something about the claim land function. All islands are taken. And if you claim you will be destroyed fast!

please look into this! I love the game and do not want to quit, but soon I will have no other choice. 😢

You need to realize that wildcard wants they Megas to control the globe. They said it themselves.

i know you want something to be done but the developers of the game want it this way so they definitely aren’t going to listen to you.

its not like it is a bug. There will never be a change to the claiming system. They want Megas to claim everything.

tou and all other small companies will be gone very soon because the magas are growing fast and there is nothing you can do about it.

the good thing is you already realize that you will be gone soon. Realizing it is half the battle. Now it is just time to accept it because it is going to happen very soon.

maybe next week even 👍

@Realist

You don't even play the game. You just spam the forums all day. You bought the game because you wanted to do whatever you want and stopped playing because everyone else can do whatever they want too.

• Like 1

The game supposed to be designed for large groups..

So it isnt really intended for a solo player or a small group..

But still, i agree with you.

Eve has a bit of the same concept like atlas, but they have game mechanics that support smaller groups and solo players.

And atlas doesn't have that yet sadly.

Edited by warhealer

I am in a fairly large company who has control of a good chunk of sectors. I am personally living in a lawless sector a few sectors away from the nearest company outpost where you cannot claim land the only way to maintain your spawn is via maintaining a boat or raft with a bed on it. The island itself has around 20 companies on it, it's a medium sized island. There are a few of the top 10 companies on the island and so far the people I have run into have not been hostile at all except for the first boat I built someone tried stealing right after I released it from the shipyard. I am building boats, loading them with materials and bringing them back to my companies bigger production bases. I am essentially playing as a small group on my own. Yes I have the option to call in reinforcements if needed but I have been able to get along with the others on my island just fine for quite a few days. If I have an issue about resource spawning or placements I go talk to them. One of my allied companies is also on the island and we share info about what's going on with each other, possible troublemakers etc. I have spent over 35 hours sailing supplies across 1/8 th of the map with no ship engagements beyond the periodic hit from a SotD as I speed past. And another 30 on this island living with these people. You may just be in a sector with people who are overly aggressive and should move on if diplomacy is failing to work for you.

9 hours ago, wakko151 said:

@Realist

You don't even play the game. You just spam the forums all day. You bought the game because you wanted to do whatever you want and stopped playing because everyone else can do whatever they want too.

Not a pc gamer. I know what wildcards wants because they even said it.

they want Megas and that is how it will be. Another month and there won’t be any small companies 😂 well they won’t have land at least 😂

7 hours ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I am in a fairly large company who has control of a good chunk of sectors. I am personally living in a lawless sector a few sectors away from the nearest company outpost where you cannot claim land the only way to maintain your spawn is via maintaining a boat or raft with a bed on it. The island itself has around 20 companies on it, it's a medium sized island. There are a few of the top 10 companies on the island and so far the people I have run into have not been hostile at all except for the first boat I built someone tried stealing right after I released it from the shipyard. I am building boats, loading them with materials and bringing them back to my companies bigger production bases. I am essentially playing as a small group on my own. Yes I have the option to call in reinforcements if needed but I have been able to get along with the others on my island just fine for quite a few days. If I have an issue about resource spawning or placements I go talk to them. One of my allied companies is also on the island and we share info about what's going on with each other, possible troublemakers etc. I have spent over 35 hours sailing supplies across 1/8 th of the map with no ship engagements beyond the periodic hit from a SotD as I speed past. And another 30 on this island living with these people. You may just be in a sector with people who are overly aggressive and should move on if diplomacy is failing to work for you.

Don’t worry, the Megas will be there soon 😂

The game mechanics most definitely favor the mega tribe / zerg.  A large group can literally just naked zerk an enemy island and claim it;  no skill required.   Ark had similar problems; tho not this bad.  When WC finally listened to the player base and added 6 man tribe servers, and then 25 man,  they were HUGELY popular.   I understand the game is still in early development;  so it's the perfect time to fix the game mechanics.  I think the ideal solution is some kind of combination of tribe / alliance limits, and changes to the claim mechanics.

Small tribes will probably end up being able to RENT land from larger tribes, Dynasty does already. The whole tax system via flags makes this really easy actually, and other tribes definitely will rent out too, because a few galleons full of crew are freaking expensive to maintain. Not only that but big tribes are going to HAVE to have fully NPC manned vessels because of the player caps in the sectors. 1 Person having a fullly NPC crewed brig/galleon brings a LOT of firepower with only 1 player and will be better then one requiring real crew due to the number limits in place. We are barely even a few weeks in with nearly no content added yet due to all the optimizations, server, and crash issues being fixed, but I think you people just need to give it time. You need to do more then sail to the first few islands outside of a free port then come here and cry that "all land is taken". There are companies out there willing to let you rent land.

Bottom line, STOP CRYING. You scrubs are doing nothing but trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Think outside the box. Politics is going to be a HUGE part of this game.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy

2 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Small tribes will probably end up being able to RENT land from larger tribes, Dynasty does already. The whole tax system via flags makes this really easy actually, and other tribes definitely will rent out too, because a few galleons full of crew are freaking expensive to maintain. We are barely even a few weeks in with nearly no content added yet due to all the optimizations, server, and crash issues being fixed, but I think you people just need to give it time. You need to do more then sail to the first few islands outside of a free port then come here and cry that "all land is taken". There are companies out there willing to let you rent land.

thats funny .... the first island ... i have been on my raft for days , explored nearly 50% of the islands ... i cannot find a place. i asked a few companies if i could join them, got shot. 1 company said if i make it to their island , for sure ... half a day later i arrived , got insta killed and laughed at that i am so stupid and actually went there. THATS fantastic. 

so if there is a company that is not full of assholes and needs 2 nice , helpful people who want to help build the empire , msg me please 😃

6 minutes ago, BoOoM said:

thats funny .... the first island ... i have been on my raft for days , explored nearly 50% of the islands ... i cannot find a place. i asked a few companies if i could join them, got shot. 1 company said if i make it to their island , for sure ... half a day later i arrived , got insta killed and laughed at that i am so stupid and actually went there. THATS fantastic. 

so if there is a company that is not full of assholes and needs 2 nice , helpful people who want to help build the empire , msg me please 😃

The problem is that if you're solo, companies probably aren't going to rent to you because the return won't be worth it. You'd be taking up real estate that they could rent to a company of 10 and they'd get far more in taxes from them. Check the recruitment forum, plenty of companies are looking for more

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy