Sea Hag

I WANT MY MONEY BACK! GHOST SHIPS DESTROY RAFTS

I spent ALL DAY Dec 30th after the mid day update in freeport TWICE rebuilding a raft, on each raft....3  storage boxes,  3 metal hatchets, 3 metal sickles, 3 metal picks, 2 a spy glasses ,3  campfires, bed,  smitty, 30 spears , 300 wood, 30 raw metal, 30 crystal, 1000 fiber , 10 flint , 250+ hide and one set of beginner clothes..... to leave freeport and enter lawless zone and be destroyed by ghost ships  TWICE... they over ran me  and then started firing on me....TWICE  . After patch agro on creatures in freeport seemed stronger... the area in which the agro reaches is horrible... hit one pig or cow and they all come running from about 1/4 of that area. Being a below level 13 it was aweful to have to restart without being able to run to your body to get your stuff back... so more crafting and farming... and being over level 8 … I spent ALL day  farming ,crafting and NO experience gain... I SPENT THE LAST 7 DAYS SAILING THE WATERS TO FIND EVERYTHING CLAIMED!  Tried to head far out from freeport in search of unclaimed land ...to be wrecked into another person boat by hurricanes, I felt horrible and apologized to him many times, he said it was ok.  The agro, ghost ships, cyclops on a caffeine boost, lvl 63 crocs hanging out on your raft after they kill you to just chew your raft up and you again each time you respawn on your raft is not an enjoyable game. This isn't survival when you have to many odds stacked against you... no land to build shelter to put up a walled base where you can keep your smitty and storage safe from looters.. I have seen alpha snakes and creatures that shouldn't be in the lawless zone most that landed were just over lvl 8. You cant run, swim or hide from the rock climbing crocs and snakes. Vitamins food and spoilage is stacked against the player too, you have to travel farther looking for unclaimed land to build and set up base to only run out , so you just starve and dehydrate until you die on your raft.. over and over and over. This whole gaming experience would have been half way leveled out and better if you had a place to land and set up protection… there should be no claimed land anywhere on the entire map...just like the lawless area... that seems to be working out … if the timers on your stuff wasn't set to 3 days... Some players have school , work, family emergencies , illness  3 days or what ever they are doing isn't long enough.. I don't know how that feels because I don't have land.. but I have seen the chat. Get along with your bordering  neighbors or form a neighborhood clan to work together to go against the damned and creatures in the sea.  But this is not working out well for Atlas or the players... if these things cant be fixed and soon ( before your glitches and stabilization ) then its not going to have any positive reviews. The game does have potential but the negative reviews will weigh heavy and by views and word of mouth no one will purchase this game.

FIX 

#1 Land claim flags.. get rid of all of them , let players build where they land, I see masses of land that's flagged and claimed and not one structure built on the land. there might be a shipyard and a raft there and maybe even a small base... but the flags go all around the island where others could have landed and built.   …   If Atlas can at least fix this it would make all those updates a little easier to deal with. Please give the players something to play, at its current status you cant even play.. its unplayable.

#2  Ghost ships shouldn't be able to attack a raft at all.. you have no way of defending your raft.

#3  the area of agro and creature agro is high in freeport and beyond freeport. level 8 vs. alpha level 151 snake... or level 63 croc (s) vs. level 11 and raft. One agros and they all come... you run and more join in. 

#4 raft weight limit is to low to leave freeport with Min. supplies. You cant carry enough survival supplies on your raft. yellow, red, blue and orange, 100 berries = 10 pounds, weapons 10 pounds each, meat 2 pounds per 20, storage boxes ect ect it all adds up. You will have to repair raft and feed , water and take vitamins...  and now your over weight on your raft. 

If these cant be addressed by Atlas in some fair way for the player then I do want my money back. Early Access is a nightmare for many and a headache for those who have land and have to watchdog it. 

• Like 3

As for the raft goes, you had a lot of stuff on it making it slow. A raft is not made to fight ghost ships but to evade them, you need to come pretty close to a ghost ship if you want it to aggro you. 

I agree with point 3, disagree with 4 since a raft is not a cargo bob. 

• Like 1

My first raft that was destroyed by Ghost ship was being chased by 3 ghost ships and was being encircled by 6 ever since I crossed over from freeport zone. AND it was emptied when they started to fire on me . I tried to out run them using the wind in my favor.

And please, what is cargo?

Just what would any new player need to go and maybe find a place to land need with them?

Just sailing out of freeport on a  level ONE raft it starts to take damage, then the hurricanes they damage the raft as well as you...

Wouldn't a survivalist have material to use to repair there raft and vitamins and food / water and weapons to repair / defend themselves? 

The crocs chew on them too, more damage.

And PLEASE don't tell a new player level 8 to go to one of those disco dancing croc islands with the wolves jumping with joy to stop and get supplies there ?? 

With no weapons or tools  because its NOT a cargo shipas you say ??? ...

Try dying out there and have a snake, scorpion, wolves camp your body and you (at level 8-9 ) 

So wood, fiber and hide repairs the raft... wood weighs a lot. You need wood for fire to keep warm, wood to cook food, wood for repairs on storage boxes after a croc tails you to rendering zone all along chewing the back of your raft and you at times

... and how far does one have to go loaded before they have a place to land? Now you need more wood because you are traveling farther. 

REMOVE the Claim Flags we ( all who paid ) would like to play!!  

And Thanks for responding, but in my opinion, because you responded to weight and ships, ..  you  probably have an island claim a shipyard and ships too, maybe some gold and one of those fancy hats and jackets... or maybe wings like some players have... . How nice, wish we all could have been so lucky to get out the door and have it all instead of rafts that are being sunk by ghost ships for no reason.. the ghost ship went right over me not … vice a versa! and then fired on me. 

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I spent ALL DAY Dec 30th after the mid day update in freeport TWICE rebuilding a raft, on each raft....3  storage boxes,  3 metal hatchets, 3 metal sickles, 3 metal picks, 2 a spy glasses ,3  campfires, bed,  smitty, 30 spears , 300 wood, 30 raw metal, 30 crystal, 1000 fiber , 10 flint , 250+ hide and one set of beginner clothes.....

#4 raft weight limit is to low ...

If these cant be addressed by Atlas in some fair way for the player then I do want my money back. Early Access is a nightmare for many and a headache for those who have land and have to watchdog it. 

That seems really excessive.  Like really, really excessive.  Three hatches?  3 sickles?  3 picks?  2 spyglasses??  (One for each eye??), 3 campfires? 30 spears?

Then you go on to talk about the weight limit, so you were definitely aware there is one.  All to complain that your raft can't evade a ghost ship?  I legit cannot tell if this is just trolling or a real scenario.

If it's a real scenario though, try a lighter raft with less things.  Way less things.  Or try communicating with the people on the islands where you land.  Judging from some of the posts I've read, people have had success with that.  A few of them might try to kill you, but a lot of them are in a relatively similar situation... barely scratching by, and would probably appreciate another set of hands.  It requires teamwork and cooperation though, and that often seems the biggest obstacle.

Also, I think Steam does the refunds, not the forums.

• Like 1

As Percieval said, your raft would have been slows as hell.  They only have so much carry capacity.  I take enough to survive the trip itself - Stone tools,  100 of each Berry, 30 of each cooked meat, 4 or 5 Waterskins and a bow with 100 Arrows and maybe some Metal.   Although since Copper from normal rocks has been increased I could get by without even carting metal along.

Slap a Claim down, and announce in General Chat you are doing so and that you are seeing if any claims have been abandoned and not trying to poach.  People get tetchy when they see someone is trying to "steal" a claim.

• Like 1

This does make sense at all because raft is the only type of boat that Ghost Ships do not agro towards unless you attack it. I have made trips back and fourth plenty of times on my raft and have gone past tons of ghost ships. One of the ghost ships was so close that I actually went through the middle of it with my raft and not once has a ghost ship ever attacked my raft.

I'm not sure what your experience was specifically besides what you mentioned, but they are designed to ignore rafts unless provoked.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This does make sense at all because raft is the only type of boat that Ghost Ships do not agro towards unless you attack it. I have made trips back and fourth plenty of times on my raft and have gone past tons of ghost ships. One of the ghost ships was so close that I actually went through the middle of it with my raft and not once has a ghost ship ever attacked my raft.

I'm not sure what your experience was specifically besides what you mentioned, but they are designed to ignore rafts unless provoked.

Not since the last patch. Now Rafts aggro them, but you need to come pretty close. 

9 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

My first raft that was destroyed by Ghost ship was being chased by 3 ghost ships and was being encircled by 6 ever since I crossed over from freeport zone. AND it was emptied when they started to fire on me . I tried to out run them using the wind in my favor.

And please, what is cargo?

Just what would any new player need to go and maybe find a place to land need with them?

Just sailing out of freeport on a  level ONE raft it starts to take damage, then the hurricanes they damage the raft as well as you...

Wouldn't a survivalist have material to use to repair there raft and vitamins and food / water and weapons to repair / defend themselves? 

The crocs chew on them too, more damage.

And PLEASE don't tell a new player level 8 to go to one of those disco dancing croc islands with the wolves jumping with joy to stop and get supplies there ?? 

With no weapons or tools  because its NOT a cargo shipas you say ??? ...

Try dying out there and have a snake, scorpion, wolves camp your body and you (at level 8-9 ) 

So wood, fiber and hide repairs the raft... wood weighs a lot. You need wood for fire to keep warm, wood to cook food, wood for repairs on storage boxes after a croc tails you to rendering zone all along chewing the back of your raft and you at times

... and how far does one have to go loaded before they have a place to land? Now you need more wood because you are traveling farther. 

REMOVE the Claim Flags we ( all who paid ) would like to play!!  

And Thanks for responding, but in my opinion, because you responded to weight and ships, ..  you  probably have an island claim a shipyard and ships too, maybe some gold and one of those fancy hats and jackets... or maybe wings like some players have... . How nice, wish we all could have been so lucky to get out the door and have it all instead of rafts that are being sunk by ghost ships for no reason.. the ghost ship went right over me not … vice a versa! and then fired on me. 

I’ve started out on a raft from a freeport with nothing but 1 chest and 1 bed. I don’t need food because I can respawn on the raft when I’m gone. Ofcourse there were no ghost ships around by the time I was playing, but I still managed to sail a few hours without any repairs or tools needed. Then I just get to land where there are no animals around (you had 2 spyglasses so scouting should be no problem) and farm a little to repair stuff etc. Then i just moved on to another area. 

I said ever since the update today.  Yesterday I sailed just fine with ghost ships around... I started the day off on the same raft but was further up the map and ran into the cyclops and level 63 crocs who ate that raft...

4 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

Because People on Rafts sailed to Ghostships and Pick-axed them easy.

Ah I see, damn what people think of. :classic_laugh:

Although wouldn't that just be solved by ghost ships attacking back when provoked? Or maybe the raft would be too close to them for them to aim fire?

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Thx for the helpful imputs,  what I was carrying wasn't much at all. If you go to an island or get in the water and get killed the gear and weapons may be lost... had the creatures camp my corpse until it demolished... I think its 15 minutes.  And 2 spy glasses is an extra for if you should lose one in the deep to a lvl 27 shark who hangs out where he killed you... a backup spyglass to look at islands to see if its taken or not was what I intended it for... not using for both eyes... just saying...

the Point here is not that he was an idiot and over weight the Point here is simple!!!

Ships of the Damned Have NO BUSINESS ATTACKING RAFTS!!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

Because People on Rafts sailed to Ghostships and Pick-axed them easy.

So they fixed the sprained ankle buy cutting off the leg!!!

How about If you hit a Ship of the Damned with a pickaxe it agro's on you!!!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Thx for the helpful imputs,  what I was carrying wasn't much at all. If you go to an island or get in the water and get killed the gear and weapons may be lost... had the creatures camp my corpse until it demolished... I think its 15 minutes.  And 2 spy glasses is an extra for if you should lose one in the deep to a lvl 27 shark who hangs out where he killed you... a backup spyglass to look at islands to see if its taken or not was what I intended it for... not using for both eyes... just saying...

Heh, the two spyglasses for two eyes was just a joke.  When I raft out, it's a raft + bed + chest, and basic gear (stone pick and hatched, a bow and some arrows, and basic clothes).  Then, if you (and your raft) sink, it's super easy to replace everything.  If you didn't find anything on your last voyage, pick another freeport and set sail in a different direction, can usually get back on a new raft and heading out again pretty quickly.

But if the mobs are camping your corpse, try respawning and naked-running past them to keep kiting them away.  If you dip in and out of the water, you can usually keep ahead of them.  Of course, the water isn't always safe either.   And if you die, you respawn and keep luring them further and further.  Granted, not 100% guaranteed to work every time, especially with the crazy amounts of creatures that spawn and swarm.

alls good, thx for the tips. I will try that tomorrow... now just what island did you say you were on?

58 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This does make sense at all because raft is the only type of boat that Ghost Ships do not agro towards unless you attack it.

From latest patch notes...

Ship of the Damned targeting ranges now are reduced by the type of ship (down to 30% for rafts (which means they will now attack rafts - but you have to get pretty darn close to them!) and 0% for dinghies)

My underlining and bold font.

40 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

the Point here is not that he was an idiot and over weight the Point here is simple!!!

Ships of the Damned Have NO BUSINESS ATTACKING RAFTS!!!!!!

So they fixed the sprained ankle buy cutting off the leg!!!

How about If you hit a Ship of the Damned with a pickaxe it agro's on you!!!

They do aggro but cant shoot because to near… ^^

25 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

They do aggro but cant shoot because to near… ^^

This isn't going to change jack people will just swim up to them then with a pickaxe maybe they should make em immune to pickaxe and axes then....  

24 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

This isn't going to change jack people will just swim up to them then with a pickaxe maybe they should make em immune to pickaxe and axes then....  

Well... actually you Need to ram them to get aggro on a raft

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I spent ALL DAY Dec 30th after the mid day update in freeport TWICE rebuilding a raft, on each raft....3  storage boxes,  3 metal hatchets, 3 metal sickles, 3 metal picks, 2 a spy glasses ,3  campfires, bed,  smitty, 30 spears , 300 wood, 30 raw metal, 30 crystal, 1000 fiber , 10 flint , 250+ hide and one set of beginner clothes..... to leave freeport and enter lawless zone and be destroyed by ghost ships  TWICE... they over ran me  and then started firing on me....TWICE  . After patch agro on creatures in freeport seemed stronger... the area in which the agro reaches is horrible... hit one pig or cow and they all come running from about 1/4 of that area. Being a below level 13 it was aweful to have to restart without being able to run to your body to get your stuff back... so more crafting and farming... and being over level 8 … I spent ALL day  farming ,crafting and NO experience gain... I SPENT THE LAST 7 DAYS SAILING THE WATERS TO FIND EVERYTHING CLAIMED!  Tried to head far out from freeport in search of unclaimed land ...to be wrecked into another person boat by hurricanes, I felt horrible and apologized to him many times, he said it was ok.  The agro, ghost ships, cyclops on a caffeine boost, lvl 63 crocs hanging out on your raft after they kill you to just chew your raft up and you again each time you respawn on your raft is not an enjoyable game. This isn't survival when you have to many odds stacked against you... no land to build shelter to put up a walled base where you can keep your smitty and storage safe from looters.. I have seen alpha snakes and creatures that shouldn't be in the lawless zone most that landed were just over lvl 8. You cant run, swim or hide from the rock climbing crocs and snakes. Vitamins food and spoilage is stacked against the player too, you have to travel farther looking for unclaimed land to build and set up base to only run out , so you just starve and dehydrate until you die on your raft.. over and over and over. This whole gaming experience would have been half way leveled out and better if you had a place to land and set up protection… there should be no claimed land anywhere on the entire map...just like the lawless area... that seems to be working out … if the timers on your stuff wasn't set to 3 days... Some players have school , work, family emergencies , illness  3 days or what ever they are doing isn't long enough.. I don't know how that feels because I don't have land.. but I have seen the chat. Get along with your bordering  neighbors or form a neighborhood clan to work together to go against the damned and creatures in the sea.  But this is not working out well for Atlas or the players... if these things cant be fixed and soon ( before your glitches and stabilization ) then its not going to have any positive reviews. The game does have potential but the negative reviews will weigh heavy and by views and word of mouth no one will purchase this game.

FIX 

#1 Land claim flags.. get rid of all of them , let players build where they land, I see masses of land that's flagged and claimed and not one structure built on the land. there might be a shipyard and a raft there and maybe even a small base... but the flags go all around the island where others could have landed and built.   …   If Atlas can at least fix this it would make all those updates a little easier to deal with. Please give the players something to play, at its current status you cant even play.. its unplayable.

#2  Ghost ships shouldn't be able to attack a raft at all.. you have no way of defending your raft.

#3  the area of agro and creature agro is high in freeport and beyond freeport. level 8 vs. alpha level 151 snake... or level 63 croc (s) vs. level 11 and raft. One agros and they all come... you run and more join in. 

#4 raft weight limit is to low to leave freeport with Min. supplies. You cant carry enough survival supplies on your raft. yellow, red, blue and orange, 100 berries = 10 pounds, weapons 10 pounds each, meat 2 pounds per 20, storage boxes ect ect it all adds up. You will have to repair raft and feed , water and take vitamins...  and now your over weight on your raft. 

Sounds like you spent way too much time over the 2 hours for steams rules. They sometimes let you get away with extra time but it sounds like you went way over the time. That is the main reason I go to GameStop. At least when I get a physical copy I can go trade it in for half the price if it is early enough. 

I know that doesn’t apply here and also why I think steam sucks but anyways man. Your experience will just keep getting worse, my best suggestion would be to walk away. No need to bring unneeded stress to yourself 

37 minutes ago, Realist said:

Your experience will just keep getting worse, my best suggestion would be to walk away. No need to bring unneeded stress to yourself 

Can you tell me how my experience will be? I’d love to know. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Can you tell me how my experience will be? I’d love to know. 

I don’t know anything about you. This guy told me his story, why don’t you tell me yours?

i can easily see this guy won’t like his experience.

Just now, Realist said:

I don’t know anything about you. This guy told me his story, why don’t you tell me yours?

i can easily see this guy won’t like his experience.

Well you’ve been responding to pretty much every post of mine, so tell me. 

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well you’ve been responding to pretty much every post of mine, so tell me. 

Well with how much time you spend on here you can’t be having too much fun. When I was into ark I was rarely on the forums. I starting going to the ark forums after I stopped and hated wildcard.

on the other hand you do defend the game a lot so I know you like it to some point. Can’t really tell if you are a pve or pvp guy yet.

you definitely like to argue, so for all I know you are here just like me but in the opposite way. You could be even wanting to play but waiting to play until it gets more ironed out.

couldnt really gather too much other than that