Danron

REVERT DAMNED SHIPS ATTACKING RAFT

Why does a damned ship with canons attack a raft ?

What is the point of this except ruining peoples experience of the game.

A raft that doesn't go any direction fast enough gets shot by SHIPS WITH CANONS !

There isn't any point in damned ships attacking rafts, you can't evade them in time or in any way if you get agro.

This damned ships spawn in groups, how are we supposed to evade them with a raft if almost all 3 directions or more are occupied with damned ships?

The spawn system is just not right, i bet it isn't even finished or working as intended and still they can spawn with 3+ and be all over the place and you except people to evade the damned ships, it isn't even 1 that spawns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????

This isn't normal, DO YOU THE DEVELPERS EVEN PLAY YOUR OWN GAME TO TEST ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Have you ever gone on an island or on the sea to look what a mess that it is ???????????

Do you know that this game is yours ????

Wasting time of people that try to reach a island is not what the intention of a game mechanic should be!!!

You just made people almost impossible to reach anywhere and making the game experience worse than already in the state of unplayable it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People paid for this, it isn't your charity or free game or anything like that and you make changes that effects the gameplay NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Danron
  • Like 7

This is one of the dumbest things they did in the recent patches.  I echo everything you said.  Tried to get to a new island twice and was killed on a raft from a damned ship each time.  The last one came after me while I was still a long ways away even.   WTF?   I thought you had to almost touch the ship before it wouldn't come after you?   There is little wind and the only direction I could turn to with the stupid raft steering mechanics was 'directly' in the path of the ghost ship.

Since there are still quite a few ghost ships patrolling around islands, it is really worthless to try and go anywhere in a pos raft given the distance you have to travel to get anywhere else.

There needs to be a change to how the ghost ships attack rafts.

• Like 3

people where hunting the damned ships with rafts.  easy farming when they don't attack them.  6 guys took out a ship of the damn with nothing but rafts and picks.  i bet they did that to prevent the easy farm.  

• Haha 1

Maybe, but the result of how they implemented it is affecting people that are actively trying to avoid those ships on rafts.

13 hours ago, Danron said:

Why does a damned ship with canons attack a raft ?

What is the point of this except ruining peoples experience of the game.

A raft that doesn't go any direction fast enough gets shot by SHIPS WITH CANONS !

There isn't any point in damned ships attacking rafts, you can't evade them in time or in any way if you get agro.

This damned ships spawn in groups, how are we supposed to evade them with a raft if almost all 3 directions or more are occupied with damned ships?

The spawn system is just not right, i bet it isn't even finished or working as intended and still they can spawn with 3+ and be all over the place and you except people to evade the damned ships, it isn't even 1 that spawns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????

This isn't normal, DO YOU THE DEVELPERS EVEN PLAY YOUR OWN GAME TO TEST ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Have you ever gone on an island or on the sea to look what a mess that it is ???????????

Do you know that this game is yours ????

Wasting time of people that try to reach a island is not what the intention of a game mechanic should be!!!

You just made people almost impossible to reach anywhere and making the game experience worse than already in the state of unplayable it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People paid for this, it isn't your charity or free game or anything like that and you make changes that effects the gameplay NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao - you want to be upset at anyone be mad at your fellow gamers who were taking advantage of the system and hunting the SOTD down or spawn camping Flotsam. They had no choice but to change it where they will attack them if the Raft is within 30% of it's range. But that's like really really close m8 and easy to avoid. 

Were the ghost ships not attacking rafts back when aggro was turned off?

I would think they would set it so the ships would not aggro rafts, but if the raft engaged it would return fire.  At that point just disable damage from tools on the Ghost ships.

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SailingBoat said:

yeah im almost done with this game , now it's impossible to travel

I'm on a Sloop - 3 of us and we've gone from D11 > K5 to pick up wheat!!  We're about to land right now! So dont give me that bs that you can't travel BB ❤️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, artaherduron said:

I'm on a Sloop - 3 of us and we've gone from D11 > K5 to pick up wheat!!  We're about to land right now! So dont give me that bs that you can't travel BB ❤️

Sorry i dont have four hours to weave in and out of these trash SoD in an effort to make it across two tiles. What if i need to piss? cant even afk with their random pathing and spawns.. no thanks ill wait until theyre deleted from the game. if that never happens well i guess ill go play ark or something lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Sorry i dont have four hours to weave in and out of these trash SoD in an effort to make it across two tiles. What if i need to piss? cant even afk with their random pathing and spawns.. no thanks ill wait until theyre deleted from the game. if that never happens well i guess ill go play ark or something lol.

Lmao you can't play this game by yourself so get over it nor can you AFK and run off to do something else. Buy a new monitor or Teamviewer into your PC using your Phone there's a number of ways you cant AFK the game and do something else. Now you're just moaning about nothing my dude xD . All you've done was belittle your argument. So go play Ark and get out of a Survival Sea game that requires you to play with a team. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, artaherduron said:

No they still have a point that the damned are fucking broken right now.

We lost a schooner last night because 3 ships decided to spawn on us at the border of I14 and I15. We could do literally nothing because for 2 days the wind had been going South and was incredibly soft when our base is north.

If they're going to make Damned attack rafts, fine. But they should give the rafts the ability to make a Rudder.

1 minute ago, artaherduron said:

Lmao you can't play this game by yourself so get over it nor can you AFK and run off to do something else. Buy a new monitor or Teamviewer into your PC using your Phone there's a number of ways you cant AFK the game and do something else. Now you're just moaning about nothing my dude xD . All you've done was belittle your argument. So go play Ark and get out of a Survival Sea game that requires you to play with a team. 

Any game that requires you to have a squad to play with 100% of the time is a game destined to fail. Im not saying group content is a game killer mind you. Im saying an absence of solo content is. But i will be leaving soon if nothing changes im sure. And dont worry i wont let the door hit me on the way out.

• Like 1

Then leave my dude - because you need ppl to play this game, you cant' learn everything. The only option you have is to play on a private server. I'll slap the door on you so it does hit you on the way out 😉  ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right now I feel like they have ships of the damned completely wrong.

As of this moment, ships of the damned have been nothing but a disaster to my gaming experience on Atlas, and they seem to get worse with every patch.  Even with the decrease in spawns, I still see about 2 whenever I'm sailing.  Every ship I've built has been destroyed either while sailing or while offline by ships of the damned.  

Now its even worse with them attacking rafts.  Even with the bare minimums for sea travel, I can no longer travel without worrying about being completely wiped out and wasting HOURS due to a single npc ship that decided it wanted to sink a piece of drift wood.  Now I can't even log in without seeing that most, if not all, of my rafts that were parked near a beach have been sunk.

If anything is going to ruin my atlas experience, its not the players raiding, its the damned ships of the damned...  

Now, don't get me wrong.  I think Ships of the Damned could be something awesome.  I just think there are a few changes that need to be done.

Ships of the damned should be near legend.  They should be rare, at most maybe one or two per square.  In reality maybe one per 2-3 squares.  They should have more health, more damage, but less speed.  They should either not attack ships without cannons, or should at least not attack rafts.  Their loot should be drastically increased to match the increase in difficulty (and to actually make them worth fighting).  

In other words, Ships of the Damned should be something that everyone talks about, but nobody really sees.  Should be something larger alliances are hunting, but in groups rather than alone.  Should take at least 2-3 brigs or 2 Galleons to take one down.

But yeah, 96 hours into the game and the only thing that has really made me question whether or not I should be playing this is the Ships of the damned.  They are nothing but an annoyance for 90% of the players right now.  They either need massive changes done or they need to just be removed altogether.  I can promise you, as they are now, if they were removed only a small handful of players would miss them, and everyone else would be thanking you.  Don't think this is what you want with them.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Spiritwind said:

Right now I feel like they have ships of the damned completely wrong.

As of this moment, ships of the damned have been nothing but a disaster to my gaming experience on Atlas, and they seem to get worse with every patch.  Even with the decrease in spawns, I still see about 2 whenever I'm sailing.  Every ship I've built has been destroyed either while sailing or while offline by ships of the damned.  

Now its even worse with them attacking rafts.  Even with the bare minimums for sea travel, I can no longer travel without worrying about being completely wiped out and wasting HOURS due to a single npc ship that decided it wanted to sink a piece of drift wood.  Now I can't even log in without seeing that most, if not all, of my rafts that were parked near a beach have been sunk.

If anything is going to ruin my atlas experience, its not the players raiding, its the damned ships of the damned...  

Now, don't get me wrong.  I think Ships of the Damned could be something awesome.  I just think there are a few changes that need to be done.

Ships of the damned should be near legend.  They should be rare, at most maybe one or two per square.  In reality maybe one per 2-3 squares.  They should have more health, more damage, but less speed.  They should either not attack ships without cannons, or should at least not attack rafts.  Their loot should be drastically increased to match the increase in difficulty (and to actually make them worth fighting).  

In other words, Ships of the Damned should be something that everyone talks about, but nobody really sees.  Should be something larger alliances are hunting, but in groups rather than alone.  Should take at least 2-3 brigs or 2 Galleons to take one down.

But yeah, 96 hours into the game and the only thing that has really made me question whether or not I should be playing this is the Ships of the damned.  They are nothing but an annoyance for 90% of the players right now.  They either need massive changes done or they need to just be removed altogether.  I can promise you, as they are now, if they were removed only a small handful of players would miss them, and everyone else would be thanking you.  Don't think this is what you want with them.

Q F T.

• Like 1

I feel like these developers are clueless. 

How hard would it be to make a code that has the Damned ships to ignore the rafts/sloops UNLESS they're attacked by the people on the raft/sloop?

• Haha 1

Been doing a journey to get salt since none is in my region (Sure wish my guy was smart enough to boil salt water).  Will record as I progress how many Ships of the Damned I see along the way.  Traveling from I3 to E5.

Edit: I hope this does not end with me sinking lol.  Trying my best to avoid them.

Edited by Spiritwind

I agree with this topic as well. I feel like a prisoner on my island at the moment. I have had success staying out of aggro ranges and avoiding them as I'm out on the ocean, but I've lost 3 ships while crossing zone borders. That shouldn't be a common thing. 

I would love it if the SotD were made an optional PvE game mechanic. You can hunt them if you want, but they ignore you if you don't want to mess with them. At the very least, they should follow the same rules of the sea as us. The can turn on a dime and travel max speed in all direction regardless of wind. If they are on you, you won't out run them.

Love the game, looking forward to the inevitable nerfs to the SotD so we can start enjoying exploring again! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, artaherduron said:

Wow so pro, here take a cookie.

Lost 2 sloops to the damned ships spawning all over the place,

lost 2 rafts in the past hour because they make a beeline to my rafts...lost hours of work yet again,

Lost a schooner as ghost ship comes to shore and nukes the area. 

They are badly programmed the spawn rate is very high,. I have alot of patience but this is just plain bullshit.,

• Like 1

+1  

The whole people were killing Ships of the Damned with Pick's is a mute point they can STILL do that... they just have to swim a little bit now makes no sense to have these ships agro rafts!  Simple make SotD immune to Pickaxe and axe...

Journey and kept a log of Ships of the Damned I saw.

H4
7 green 1 red

G4
1 yellow (right next to it when spawned into this zone... ) 8 green

F4 
1 Red (right when I enter again...) 2 yellow 6 green

E4
None - Freeport.  Have been sunk by one here (sloop) before though...

E5
Surprisingly none but made sure I exited E4 right by my island.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bman78 said:

people where hunting the damned ships with rafts.  easy farming when they don't attack them.  6 guys took out a ship of the damn with nothing but rafts and picks.  i bet they did that to prevent the easy farm.  

So, like a lot of things in life a bunch of jackasses were doing something they shouldn't and now we all have to pay the price for it.

I have no problem with punishing the abusers, but there must be a way to do it without punishing the rest of us.

• Like 1

This whole SoD thing knid of reminds me of D3 on release, when infernal(?) difficulty was nearly impossible to contend with. Pretty much ended up killing the game for a few years, even after they changed it. Granted the RLMAH didnt help things lol..

Last night in M10 i ran into 6 ships of the damned in 1 area of the map. On a raft you dont have much of a choice in direction since we have no rudder on the damn boat to turn away they just circle right to you yea escape lol hahaah

• Like 1