Sign in to follow this  
pOin

How To Destroy stone walls/doors?

I was raided last night and ive just stumbled across their hideout, ive tried smashing down the doors with hatchets, maces and a shield... what does it take for it to be taken down?

Haven't confirmed yet because I haven't gotten high enough yet, but in ark once they go to stone your only choice is the explosive tree.. there's grenades and fore bombs etc but it's a 40+ sp cost to get

wow, with nothing to destroy walls with it seems the game devs have secured the Dominance of those few companies that grabbed everything in the beginning.  Nice move.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

43 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

wow, with nothing to destroy walls with it seems the game devs have secured the Dominance of those few companies that grabbed everything in the beginning.  Nice move.

wtf do you mean "grabbed everything"? Dynasty, the largest company, only has about 2-3 "secured" sectors, and by "secured" I mean we still lose shit to random passerby.

You people are so full of shit when you cry about everything being taken. Just because you traveled to 4-5 sectors close to freeports doesn't mean the entire map is taken, ffs.

STOP CRYING. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET YOUR OWN ISLAND AS A SOLO PLAYER/3 MAN COMPANY. GET OVER IT. MAKE FRIENDS.

• Like 5

On 12/29/2018 at 11:35 PM, [616]RexFortis said:

Nobody believes you, be quiet.  Take your misinformation propaganda campaign somewhere else.  https://map.playatlas.com/

The map you linked doesn't show everything as taken. It only shows about 10 islands completely taken. That said, Everything is taken. It doesn't show on the map because the map only shows those with alot of claims, including sea claims. Everything is taken. When we explore we never reach an island and see unclaimed area. Everything is taken.

The point that you are missing though is that you can take it from them. If you have enough people, are organized, and plan you can take area away from these companies. It would only take 4+ people to claim a small area. Use diplomacy. Ask if its cool if you can live there. Accept when its not and move on. Look for a weak spot and strike. There are ways to get space. You just have to be willing to do more then solo drive a raft and complain on the forums. The game won't change. The only option is for you to change.

• Like 2

On 12/29/2018 at 1:28 PM, pOin said:

I was raided last night and ive just stumbled across their hideout, ive tried smashing down the doors with hatchets, maces and a shield... what does it take for it to be taken down?

Step 1 - Tame a bear
Step 2 - Put a Cargo saddle on the bear
Step 3 - Mount a Cannon on the Saddle
Step 4 - Profit!

😄

No. I'm not joking. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tateybread said:

Step 1 - Tame a bear
Step 2 - Put a Cargo saddle on the bear
Step 3 - Mount a Cannon on the Saddle
Step 4 - Profit!

😄

No. I'm not joking. lol

I'm very curious to how well this works. Will have to try. Would probably also be useful for defending against incoming ships.

2 hours ago, SoloHan88 said:

I'm very curious to how well this works. Will have to try. Would probably also be useful for defending against incoming ships.

There are also mortars and artillery.

bear with cannon here

unknown.png

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy

Ive been told that you cant put explosive barrels on enemy land. However you can raid with cannons quite well, especially large cannons from boats, they travel quite far. 

Grenades are not worth it, you need explosive powder and they do just 13 damage to stone.

Explosive barrels from far below in the artillery tree work, but they are heavy and also need explosive powder. But together with mortars the only way to clear bases far up on rocks where cannons/Cannon bears cant reach them.

Mortars are the ultimate weapon here, no target spread, huge damage, gatling gun firing speed and 600 km range. You can easily kill everybody with mortars.

Cannons are ok if players are stupid enough to build at the beach or at locations reachable by cannon bears.

Edited by Talono

Grenades are anti-personnel not anti-material.   Stop getting this confused people.

You use a grenade when you want to kill everyone in the room, not blow the whole building up.

Get a bear like posted above and put explosive barrels in the cannon... its an ammo type. Stop screaming and bitching that something isn't possible when it clearly is.