Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Water barrels bugged

If you place a water skin into it bugs and you cant pull it out of the barrel again.

They also jump from 50kg to 550kg when filled, as I found out when I filled it at a pool.  I couldn't move and had to drop it.

They fill with rainwater though, I'm told, if you open the lid.  Never done it myself yet.

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

They also jump from 50kg to 550kg when filled, as I found out when I filled it at a pool.  I couldn't move and had to drop it.

They fill with rainwater though, I'm told, if you open the lid.  Never done it myself yet.

Yes, because of the weight of the water? 

2 hours ago, Talono said:

If you place a water skin into it bugs and you cant pull it out of the barrel again.

Can confirm, on my screen the skin starts even to flicker - but I was able to get the skin out by opening and closing the lid in the barrel's inventory several times.

You can remove bugged water skins by pressing the take all button instead of trying to drag&drop it.

About the weight of the barrels .. i think 550kg is way too much, given the fact that a barrel can only

fill 5 waterskins.

3 hours ago, Grongash said:

Yes, because of the weight of the water? 

Yep, but the silly thing is they say fill it at a pool for sea voyages.  But tricky when you can't lift it.  The sensible thing would be to let people roll it along.  🙂

3 hours ago, Combo77 said:

About the weight of the barrels .. i think 550kg is way too much, given the fact that a barrel can only fill 5 waterskins.

Exactly.  I can carry 5 waterskins no problem, so the water in the skins isn't 100kg each.  Definitely a bug.

So the bug is likely not in the weight, but in the amount of skins it fills.  It needs to be realistic...so I am guessing between 50 and 100 times.  So let's say a bucket fills 5 skins.  It should take at least 10 buckets to fill the barrel.

But, I also think that weight it out of line.  Even full of water, that barrel should not weigh that much.

Wikipedia notes the 42 gal is 35 Imperial Gallons.
35 Imp Gallons of water would be 350 lbs.  I would expect that an imperial gallon, being more than a normal gallon, would fill 5 water skins, if those skins are in the neighborhood of a standard quart.  Also, these skins should not leak like a sieve.  Should they "decay," or leak, if you will?  Sure, but not in a real fast manner.  That is unrealistic.  Skins don't actually leak much.

Survival games always seem to overdo the decay of things, to the point that you are always frantically trying to refill these resources.   I am so glad that Star Citizen has confirmed that your character will need to eat occasionally, it won't be like a survival game.  It's like the devs of these games should decide what they think is a good idea, and then reduce the decay, and hunger speeds, etc..by 3x.  The best servers have these things set to about 3x.  3x harvesting, 3x slower decay, 3x slower hunger, etc...   Makes the game more enjoyable, while retaining those mechanics.

5 hours ago, Evilsnafu said:

If it rains I haven't seen it yet. 

Oh it rains... Where I am it rains every other day, to every third day at worst.  It also has a daytime high of 60F, and a night time low of -10F.  

I love it.