Sign in to follow this  
Big Bojangles

So I don't get this game?

On 1/16/2019 at 2:44 AM, X is Next said:

1 server away from a freeport is lawless so you STILL have no home..

I'm diagonally one server away. One corner of the Freeport hits one corner of my server where we have claimed land. I STILL have a home.

If ya get tired of it bud come check us out!

VALHALLA: CURSE OF ODIN

Friendly environment of PVP implamented with some RP rules. Just upgraded to a new 3x3 custom map, still with all resources, powerstones, endgame stuff etc, x3 boosted rates, we will be implementing events as well, pirate ship battles, treasure hunts, drinking games, all for a prize, whether is be precious resources, gold, or other items.  that's 9 grid squares, 52 islands, 48 discovery zones, and a good mix of climates! For info and discord invite to rules and announcements hit us up at ...
https://discord.gg/3mAxHx

18 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

It's clear PVP just isn't for you. Try the alternative PVE mode it has all the protections you seek. 

Its a PVP game with a Pirate theme. There are so many of these quasi PVE types masquerading as PVPers on here lately. If you want silly rules play PVE.

PVPers like to roam and murder and plunder without limits or lawyers.

Wow such great input.  Clearly cause I want some type of balanced game that offers rewarding play, and a reason to PvP someone clearly means im a care bear how could I be so silly.  

You see the problem is it is a trolly experience.  It takes hour and hours to grind for one simple thing just to have someone come troll you and ruin your day.  There is no consequence to people for playing like assholes.  The other problem is there isnt a point to PvP, the only point so far is just to be dicks to other people, your not really fighting for anything, and most people just want to cause as much grief as possible in the game cause there isnt much else to look forward too.  On top of that there is little real PvP, attacking a raft with a brig isnt PvP thats griefing imo, offline raiding people for their territory isnt PvP thats PvE on player made content, and offlining my ships is the same thing.

Edited by Big Bojangles
  • Confused 1

The issue is there are many games that put in protections.  They add rules. They limit game play.  They remove freedom and choice of the player so when a game like this comes along many hardcore players like me will defend people's abilities to do whatever they want when they want to the bitter end. 

The game is new.  People are figuring it out.  New features will be added in the future.  Players and the companies they join will slowly find their identity.  They will develop reputations and will be more known as time goes on.  Some companies will gank everyone.  Some will only attack specific companies they consider threats.  Some will offer their services for hire to protect other companies.  Some will offer services for farming, trade, taming, etc.  If you can dream it up you can try it out. 

The political and social aspect of this game is a huuuuuuuuuge part of what draws many people here.  We drive the game and the content within.  Ultimately the stories, the myths and legends will all be player based. 

I will admit I'd like to see some changes made for Freeports to make it easier for newbies to join the game and get equipped, make contacts and join Companies.  Sometime similar to Eve would be nice.  High sec area for the carebears, traders and newbies.  Rest of the world is whatever we make it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Big Bojangles said:

Wow such great input.  Clearly cause I want some type of balanced game that offers rewarding play, and a reason to PvP someone clearly means im a care bear how could I be so silly.  

You see the problem is it is a trolly experience.  It takes hour and hours to grind for one simple thing just to have someone come troll you and ruin your day.  There is no consequence to people for playing like assholes.  The other problem is there isnt a point to PvP, the only point so far is just to be dicks to other people, your not really fighting for anything, and most people just want to cause as much grief as possible in the game cause there isnt much else to look forward too.  On top of that there is little real PvP, attacking a raft with a brig isnt PvP thats griefing imo, offline raiding people for their territory isnt PvP thats PvE on player made content, and offlining my ships is the same thing.

From reading you post it is absolutely clear you have no idea what this game is about. You seem to think that there is no point to PVP apart from hurting someones feelings. This game is a very strategic game and will become even more so as the game develops. The end goal of the game is for your company to be dominant over the rest. That is the goal everyone aims for or at least tries to. In order to achieve this dominance your company has to be powerful and in order to be powerful you need players and resources. By engaging in PVP against other companies and winning you weaken them and at the same time strengthen you own position both in resources and prestige. 

To give you an example our company recently engaged in a war to subjugate a nearby map tile. The tile had several islands with good resources that we wanted but some of these islands were currently occupied by various companies who didn't want to voluntarily give up their claims. This group which had been several independent companies banded together as one to fight us. For 5 days we bombard their island. Around the clock 24/7 we had a steady stream for 30-40 players constantly attacking them wearing them down. We sunk every ship they had and took fort after fort. Gradually bit by bit individual elements in their company gave up the fight and by the 5th day they were down from around 30 players to just 6 holed up in their last fortress. After an intense mortar and cannon barrage which heavily damaged their last fort this final element surrendered.

Follow this surrender we them made them an offer they couldn't refuse. They could continue to play on the island, provided they joined our alliance as a Beta tribe and agree that we would manage their foreign relations. They agreed and ever since they have been happy tax payers of our empire. As you can see from the situation the end result was a win for both companies through PVP. They got to live on thee island again under our generous protection.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, MightySheep said:

its a fish eat fish game and the bigger fish will always win

sailing across the sea in a raft is obviously a pretty nooby move, I've not had any trouble avoiding ships of the damned in a sloop and I think youd be surprised how slow brigs can go sometimes when theyre weighed down with cannons so Id really recommend a sloop tbh

LIFE isn't a game -- business is a game douche...its important for you to understand this trul;y…!

J

On 12/29/2018 at 1:24 AM, Big Bojangles said:

Why would you encourage people to troll others on rafts?  We set sail on a raft from far away to bring sugar and paste home in the tundra where we have to leave for fiber and other mats, we have no other way to get them there because a sloop would get destroyed by the damned.  Halfway home we had a brigantine sail up to us and demand we stop so they could take our loot saying they knew what we had because of piracy.  So have a system that is hard to get started and then allow people that have the resources to have a ship of that size to just troll upstarts on a raft?  This game at every turn is forcing you into a larger company or to uninstall the game.  I beg grapeshot to apply some common sense to their mechanics and make your game playable for the people that didn't get a huge head start in a large company otherwise how can you ever expect to retain new players?  Sailing is already super boring especially on a raft and takes hours and its just gone in seconds from some dudes that want to be dicks for the sake of being dicks.

u dont take out a sloop cos of sotd , wow u gonna just sail abot on a raft ?

i sail my schooner all the time sotd are easy to avoid and out run they have been nerfed so hard they are just something to look at now 😕