ATLAS

Season 13 Wipe Announcement

Ahoy Pathfinders!

We have heard your persistent requests and taken your feedback to heart about the current season, so in response we will be wiping the official servers for the start of Season 13! This means a completely fresh start for all those playing on our official network. Unofficial servers, non-dedicated, and singleplayer sessions will remain unaffected.

The final day of the current season will be Friday, June 30th, when we will be wiping all progress from official servers. Servers will be going offline around 12:00 PM PDT and returning shortly after. This wipe will not be accompanied by a patch.

:anchor: Official Servers :anchor:

The three official servers will remain unchanged from the previous season, with the exception of the PvE server becoming all unclaimable lawless to help prevent single players and companies from claiming large expanses of land.

[Global][PvP] Cobra’s Strike

• Crossplay
  • 9x9 map size 
  • All quest content will be available
  • One open world (no regions or portals)
  • All claim types (claimable islands, claimable lawless, and unclaimable lawless)

[Global][PvE] Whale’s Solitude

• Crossplay
  • 6x6 map size 
  • All quest content will be available
  • All unclaimable lawless (no claimable islands or claimable lawless).

[Console][PvP] Emerald Shores

• Xbox players only (no PC)
  • 3x3 map size 
  • Quest content (Power Stones etc.) will not be available
  • Claimable islands and unclaimable lawless only (no claimable lawless)

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!

nZzVX77hKv5gq2mYpGFjI3Q56I_kXi7ZGg37NjLw

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

⚓ FINAL NOTE ⚓

Again, we would like to emphasize that Stryker said it all. We took our boats and left. Stryker messaged nami and redbeard, told them it wasn’t working out. We wanted to go out and get content but we were EU players on a NA server. I personally farmed at least 400 rhino horns for the company, so I felt taking my ship with me was reasonable. I had 150 dmg gunports on my ship, everything else was from vessels studies. I leveled it myself and farmed the horns myself, I also farmed the gunports that were on my boat. Neither nami nor redbeard were in comms when we left, they had already went to bed so he messaged them. End of story. Call it what you want. It is as simple as it just wasn’t what we’d hoped.

• Thanks 1

Return everything as it was 2 years ago!!! All your new ideas have killed this game and repelled all potential players from playing that previously beloved game! RETURN EVERYTHING!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know comments can be vile towards the team and you don't deserve it's unfair but if you truly are passionate about atlas as I am please address some of the issues such as the graphical degradation on xbox series X and I mean this totally respectful and look forward to the future of atlas don't give up! Make that pirate game we all deserve 

All the best guys I'll be watching 🙂

Changes like this are the reason me and my crew no longer play this game. We are strickly pve. I cannot see myself ever coming back to this game if we cannot claim any land for ourselves. We will have no way to stop the incessant spamming that has occured every season I have played. People will build things as close to your stuff as they can for no reason other then to troll you and stop you from building.

• Thanks 3

I’m sorry but not sorry for wha I’m about to say. You guys are Fing up the game. I’ve been playing this game since it came to XBOX. And watched the progress. And now you’re talking about going backwards? Do not be like Ark. With no land to claim what is the point of playing. Trades would be pointless for the most part also. The maps are smaller not enough land for everyone that places in the first place. Get it together. We want more land, new ships, new tames, new reasons to play: don’t take what we like and then replace it with bs. 

I will remember the modifications that are the key to the success of the s13
-lower mortar damage
-limit of structures per island (avoid spawn to put lag)
-balance even more the pvp ships
-lower number of points per company claim island (so that large companies cannot claim all the islands)
-Implement bonuses or mechanics to favor small companies

On 6/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, Eugen said:

⚓ FINAL NOTE ⚓

Again, we would like to emphasize that Stryker said it all. We took our boats and left. Stryker messaged nami and redbeard, told them it wasn’t working out. We wanted to go out and get content but we were EU players on a NA server. I personally farmed at least 400 rhino horns for the company, so I felt taking my ship with me was reasonable. I had 150 dmg gunports on my ship, everything else was from vessels studies. I leveled it myself and farmed the horns myself, I also farmed the gunports that were on my boat. Neither nami nor redbeard were in comms when we left, they had already went to bed so he messaged them. End of story. Call it what you want. It is as simple as it just wasn’t what we’d hoped.

Who are you? lol this is the problem. Atlas has been controlled by some buddy buddies in discord for a while, and has gone downhill since season 5.  Y'all need to sell the game to a capable studio, port to UE5, and undo pretty much everything you've done after season 4.  That might give a chance for the population to come back and for the game to succeed.

Tell ya what Grapeshot - you turn off the digital radar that breaks immersion and we'll poke around on wipe day. Otherwise we'll all be playing D4.

Wasn't the least bit surprised this afternoon to find out that y'all broke the server grid editor in the March update.  The thing now only exports a single cell image on a multi-grid map.

Goota to say im quite disappointed... rother and i statred playing not even 2 months ago and already a wipe.  waste of bloody time.  spent more time trying to finding an isle in pvp where we could even base ourselves to start playing.  more land-space is a must.  not sure if we are even gonna bother playing any more.

On 6/22/2023 at 12:17 PM, Eugen said:

⚓ FINAL NOTE ⚓

Why the heck do people keep saying "final note?" 

On 6/28/2023 at 5:24 AM, jay pit said:

Why the heck do people keep saying "final note?" 

cuz they create the illusion they've been writing a dissertation

You don't want people to spam pillars but now for pve the only option is to spam pillars to protect your build spot. What's the reasoning behind remeoving islands and claimable lawless?

5 hours ago, Qnzor said:

You don't want people to spam pillars but now for pve the only option is to spam pillars to protect your build spot. What's the reasoning behind remeoving islands and claimable lawless?

What makes you think they've removed claimable lawless? The post says all claim types.  

They SHOULD have removed claimable lawless several seasons ago.  A tower can flip an armored dock while you're offline. Only noobs would waste time with that mechanic.  It's good for troll / funzies, but not serious play, and ultimately results in wasted land space.

If they wanted to solve the problem of small company viability, they should have adopted Eve Online's wormhole system.

They SHOULD have never put barrel bombs back in cannons. 

They SHOULD have never charged gold for ships.

They SHOULD have never killed parking ships on freeports (the game felt so alive when you'd pull in and find hundreds of boats).

They SHOULD have never killed the incentive to trade, travel,  and fight for regional resources for blueprints.

They SHOULD have never released / replaced the ship building system, but instead provided new base constructs to work on.

They SHOULD have taken player reports seriously when exploiters started breaking the game in season 9 ish.

They SHOULD have left the world map as a large traversal system instead of weird regional play.

The list goes on and on.

PVE not able to own an island or claim land means some jack wagon will want to live in your front yard causing everyone to pillar the islands to keep people from encroaching on their build which means a ton of lag. Everyone is better off playing a modded server or non-dedicated and shut official down. 

Shame on you!

A wipe without changes... Only because you f*cked up. As always. 

It is difficult you believe in you.

18 hours ago, Thayxen said:

What makes you think they've removed claimable lawless? The post says all claim types.  

They SHOULD have removed claimable lawless several seasons ago.  A tower can flip an armored dock while you're offline. Only noobs would waste time with that mechanic.  It's good for troll / funzies, but not serious play, and ultimately results in wasted land space.

If they wanted to solve the problem of small company viability, they should have adopted Eve Online's wormhole system.

They SHOULD have never put barrel bombs back in cannons. 

They SHOULD have never charged gold for ships.

They SHOULD have never killed parking ships on freeports (the game felt so alive when you'd pull in and find hundreds of boats).

They SHOULD have never killed the incentive to trade, travel,  and fight for regional resources for blueprints.

They SHOULD have never released / replaced the ship building system, but instead provided new base constructs to work on.

They SHOULD have taken player reports seriously when exploiters started breaking the game in season 9 ish.

They SHOULD have left the world map as a large traversal system instead of weird regional play.

The list goes on and on.

It clearly states its only unclaimable lawless for pve. Read before u rant. If u go to claimable lawless grids, you know what you're up against, if your docks or wte get stolen than its ur fault but since there was clearly malicious intent in that scenario GMs will remove it. Also i refer u to what beaux said. That ship happens all the time

What the hell is going on I don't know how to check a server type, but to me everything seems to be functioning the same - in that I sailed out of the starter zone, somebody else, got there before me, and claimed an island, and imposed a tax... And deleted my structure, and today when I logged in there was a message instructing me not to build there till they set up "management" so the game is the same. Some ass hat owns an island and I'm sol for being slow/ not trying to claim one cause the WHOLE REASON YOU WIPED WAS TO REMOVE THE ISLAND CLAIMING!

THIS ISLAND CLAIM MECHANINC IS BROKEN. I SEE CLANS WITH 9 ISLANDS AND THEY BLOCK THEM USING ARMORED DOCKS. MAKE IT WHERE ONE CLAN CAN ONLY CLAIM ONE ISLAND. YOU DEVS SURE KNOW HOW TO KILL THE GAME. ALSO WTF IS UP WITH  BEING ABLE TO SEE BOATS ON THE MAP? THIS IS JUST STUPID! I THINK IM DONE YET AGAIN UNTIL SOME MAJOR CHANGES ARE MADE  AND THESE DEVS START LISTENING TO THE COMUNITY.

Edited by BearsAss

hi is there a way to duplicate the official server, i can not find the 6x6 official map ?

even on the last mod kit ?

best regard