Jump to content

Drumsin

Why isn't Grapeshot doing their job and maintaining the Wiki?

Recommended Posts

How do you expect players to figure this stuff out in the game? A lot of what I have learned is by word of mouth, and a lot of the time it is, "I don't know" responses.

Even a Google search doesn't produce much. PlayAtlas subreddit, Steam Discussion. A lot of it is outdated or no replies to questions on how things work.

If someone from Grapeshot could reply on why they aren't maintaining a Wiki with what they are developing? You would think that if they cared about what they are working on, and they want players to enjoy the game they would have something current and up to date?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drumsin said:

How do you expect players to figure this stuff out in the game? A lot of what I have learned is by word of mouth, and a lot of the time it is, "I don't know" responses.

Even a Google search doesn't produce much. PlayAtlas subreddit, Steam Discussion. A lot of it is outdated or no replies to questions on how things work.

If someone from Grapeshot could reply on why they aren't maintaining a Wiki with what they are developing? You would think that if they cared about what they are working on, and they want players to enjoy the game they would have something current and up to date?

First thing you need to know is that devs do not come here and they definitely do not answer anything on here. That is a very important lesson for you.

next, the reason things are outdated is because the playerbase has dropped so low that nobody bothers taking the time to update and new info.

third, they change the map every few months so any info out there will be wrong, which is also why nobody bothers to update info. 
 

lastly, things won’t change. It will be this way forever. The playerbase hasn’t stopped dropping since laugh 3 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Drumsin said:

How do you expect players to figure this stuff out in the game? A lot of what I have learned is by word of mouth, and a lot of the time it is, "I don't know" responses.

Even a Google search doesn't produce much. PlayAtlas subreddit, Steam Discussion. A lot of it is outdated or no replies to questions on how things work.

If someone from Grapeshot could reply on why they aren't maintaining a Wiki with what they are developing? You would think that if they cared about what they are working on, and they want players to enjoy the game they would have something current and up to date?

The official Wiki is dead, but lots of information are stil correct there, at least if you want to find out names of resources.

If you need an accurate map with tames and resources for each island check out this one:

https://atlas.antihax.net/

If you need a taming and breeding calculator you may use this one:

https://globy.dev/statCalc

 

This game is a surival game so it's about making discoverys and learning by doing. You can spent lots of time figure out things. If you want to get the fast way to learn the game go on PvP Server and try to get into large companys with expirienced players. They will teach you tricks, bugs, exploits etc. You just need to be a trustable person and have fun playing with them.

On PVE Server there are lots of players starting new or have not much expirience so it's most likely you will not find good answers there. But with some luck you may meet some expirienced guys like me who are testing new updates etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

First thing you need to know is that devs do not come here and they definitely do not answer anything on here. That is a very important lesson for you.

Do you follow the devs around look at their internet activity? They don't have to post to see what the community is saying. Do you look at the devs internet activity? That is a very important lesson for you.

11 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

next, the reason things are outdated is because the playerbase has dropped so low that nobody bothers taking the time to update and new info.

I don't care about player base numbers. Grapeshot should be the ones updating the info - not the player base

11 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

third, they change the map every few months so any info out there will be wrong, which is also why nobody bothers to update info. 

I'm not about talking about maps you crazy monkey! I'm talking about leveling, percentages in skill to crafting blueprints, the finer details that are not documented anywhere.

11 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

lastly, things won’t change. It will be this way forever. The playerbase hasn’t stopped dropping since laugh 3 years ago. 

Terrible answers from you @George of the jungle. Why you acting like the director of the company?

 I'm not taking this information.

Edited by Drumsin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drumsin said:

Do you follow the devs around look at their internet activity? They don't have to post to see what the community is saying. Do you look at the devs internet activity? That is a very important lesson for you.

I don't care about player base numbers. Grapeshot should be the ones updating the info - not the player base

I'm not about talking about maps you crazy monkey! I'm talking about leveling, percentages in skill to crafting blueprints, the finer details that are not documented anywhere.

Terrible answers from you @George of the jungle. Why you acting like the director of the company?

 I'm not taking this information.

It really doesn’t matter what you take or think to be honest. I gave you the truth. You just didn’t like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2022 at 8:27 PM, Drumsin said:

How do you expect players to figure this stuff out in the game? A lot of what I have learned is by word of mouth, and a lot of the time it is, "I don't know" responses.

Even a Google search doesn't produce much. PlayAtlas subreddit, Steam Discussion. A lot of it is outdated or no replies to questions on how things work.

If someone from Grapeshot could reply on why they aren't maintaining a Wiki with what they are developing? You would think that if they cared about what they are working on, and they want players to enjoy the game they would have something current and up to date?

Their job is to produce a game, not update a wiki so you can learn the finer points by reading them and not experiencing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...