Sign in to follow this  
Robotukas

Map is too small for 40k players

The map is not to small, they just have to change the claim system so its impossible to spam multiple flags per user.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Zappa said:

The map is not to small, they just have to change the claim system so its impossible to spam multiple flags per user.

Actually its too small.  If you limit the claim systems and I can't get waterfront property then how can I make a ship and actually be a pirate?  Also how can you say its not too small when you take into account that roughly 1/4 of the map is un-claimable as a lawless or freeport?  Lastly not many can or will live in the tundra due to harsh nature and lack of basic resources.  So that leaves you with most like less than 50%, more like less that 30% of the map that allows you to play the game at all.  How can you argue that is big enough and the claim system even works at all?

• Like 1

Just now, Big Bojangles said:

Actually its too small.  If you limit the claim systems and I can't get waterfront property then how can I make a ship and actually be a pirate?  Also how can you say its not too small when you take into account that roughly 1/4 of the map is un-claimable as a lawless or freeport?  Lastly not many can or will live in the tundra due to harsh nature and lack of basic resources.  So that leaves you with most like less than 50%, more like less that 30% of the map that allows you to play the game at all.  How can you argue that is big enough and the claim system even works at all?

You are not getting it... its NOT the size of the map, its the UNLIMITED claim option.
Let asume they make it bigger:
What do you think that is gonna happen? Its as easy as 1+1 dude... everyone will spam claim the new areas and we will be in exact the same situation we are in atm.

Thats not a matter of map size.  Dosent matter how big the map can be or how limiting on claims they are, people will just abuse land claiming mechanics.  Something on game dynamics must be done. Also people need to learn that we wont have land for everyone. Tax system will take action soon and lawless island are there to be explored and used. Your house is your ship, just build a bed on it an anchor in a lawless or freeport so it wont suffer damage over time, drop the Ark mindset of having a piece of land on your own. Last but not least, the game is  in launch state. Overpopulation issues will always exist on that state but thats not the long run reality.

Edited by Cpt.Zuln

11 minutes ago, Zappa said:

You are not getting it... its NOT the size of the map, its the UNLIMITED claim option.
Let asume they make it bigger:
What do you think that is gonna happen? Its as easy as 1+1 dude... everyone will spam claim the new areas and we will be in exact the same situation we are in atm.

Bro listen if you can only claim one flag then if you cant get shoreline how do you every build a shipyard?  Also if you have your house on the shore some ship will just roll up with cannons and wipe you, you dont want to have your home on the shore it will just be the first target for a claim jump.  If you want people to be able to have a home and build a ship they have to be able to claim more than one spot, Im not agreeing with claiming whole islands its excessive.  If you look at the entire buildable shoreline compared to playerbase then how do you expect everyone to be able to build boats and actually sail around like intended??? You can't in this scenario unless everyone of those 40k players they speak of join companys atleast 50 players or larger.  You actually dont make sense, I understand the claim limit point but then how can you experience the game?

It's not that the map is small. It's just that 90% of it is water and basically just empty, useless space. All the islands are tiny and it's too easy for people to entirely claim them.

• Like 1

Just now, Garfy said:

It's not that the map is small. It's just that 90% of it is water and basically just empty, useless space. All the islands are tiny and it's too easy for people to entirely claim them.

Exaclty, to play the game you need shore access and if your smart you wont put your home on the shore to be a target.  So you need somewhere between 3-5 claim flags, thats why there isnt enough land to claim within the defined mechanics of the game.  If the islands offered more shoreline combined with a claim limit than the game would still be playable and offer pvp as more of a sense of fun other than making it the only option.

1 hour ago, Zappa said:

You can't spam. You already have to wait until your previous one is fully claimed before planting another.

1 hour ago, Zappa said:

The map is too small, especially with how small and overcrowded the islands are.  Keeping a low profile is not possible.  You will not go unnoticed at all.  And those drydocks scream for a zerg Company to come and blow you up before you even get going.  Those who can afford large fleets, will not let others build large fleets.  Those drydocks...think about it.  This would be like advertising the location that you are taming a titanosaur, and making it last for days, maybe weeks, depending on many factors, such as how much time you have to play, how many PvP set backs you have while gathering, etc...  How long do you think that's going to last?

Also, if they want to encourage a realistic trade situation, they would have mechanics to discourage PvP for the sake of PvP.  What consequences are there for a MegaCorp what has many ships sailing together, blowing everything out of the water/drydock that they find?  None.

• Like 1

there are about 700 islands. 200-300 in lawless and freeport zone.

so you have like 400 island for 40.000 people. look at the islands and try to figure how to place 100 not overlapping claim flags on an average island.

as long as you need a claim to build there is only room for maximum of 10k players so 75% are forced to leave with a negative review. also add everyone joining the game in the future to this group.

• Like 2

I tought some map would be at least as big as an ark map but it's not that at all, 50 girafe on a small island with 3 rocks 

2 hours ago, Robotukas said:

I suggest to expand map as expansion or DLC or reduce the player amount.

The last thing they need is more money from a dlc. Even though they said there would not be any paid dlcs I am sure those snakes will still go back on their word. Which would be kind of good because going back on their word was something they said they learned from and that way they could show everyone that they haven’t learned and they still haven’t changed 

I don't think the map being too small is the issue at all.  It already takes hours to explore the map or find a place to call home.  I don't see any reason to make the world itself larger.  They might want to consider adding a bit more islands to some of the areas.  Some of the existing islands need their resources tweaked a bit.  In the lawless zones, the only place there is room to build is on islands with no wood.

I think the claim management is the real issue for the most part.  Spamming an unlimited number of claim flags is what seems to make the world seem small.  It's easy enough to take some land from someone, but you may have consequences.

The game isn't meant for all 40k players to have their own island. Defeats the purpose of the game.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice but not going to happen.

Edited by SoloHan88

4 minutes ago, SoloHan88 said:

The game isn't meant for all 40k players to have their own island. Defeats the purpose of the game.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice but not going to happen.

You dont need a whole island, you need a claim to build certain stuff... and its bullshit that that is not intended. 

Because that would mean that the level 8 characters wich are getting forced out of freeports would have to attack much higher level people with MUCH better tools to get a spot.
THAT is is just bullocks... 

And i hand you on a paper that it WILL happen, maybe not tomorrow or before new year but the wipe and change to claim amounts per char will change soon.

Too many people  are not able to do anything other then sail around because of this.
I will come back to this feedback once it has happened 😉

Edited by Zappa

23 minutes ago, Zappa said:

You dont need a whole island, you need a claim to build certain stuff... and its bullshit that that is not intended. 

Because that would mean that the level 8 characters wich are getting forced out of freeports would have to attack much higher level people with MUCH better tools to get a spot.
THAT is is just bullocks... 

And i hand you on a paper that it WILL happen, maybe not tomorrow or before new year but the wipe and change to claim amounts per char will change soon.

Too many people  are not able to do anything other then sail around because of this.
I will come back to this feedback once it has happened 😉

We'll just have to wait and see.

Its not too small. You need to join a company. This is not a solo or small group kinda game. If you are failing or not getting the results you would like, switch tactics.

26 minutes ago, Caveat said:

I don't think the map being too small is the issue at all.  It already takes hours to explore the map or find a place to call home.  I don't see any reason to make the world itself larger.  They might want to consider adding a bit more islands to some of the areas.  Some of the existing islands need their resources tweaked a bit.  In the lawless zones, the only place there is room to build is on islands with no wood.

I think the claim management is the real issue for the most part.  Spamming an unlimited number of claim flags is what seems to make the world seem small.  It's easy enough to take some land from someone, but you may have consequences.

Yes, while it takes a very long time for you to explore the whole map, that doesn't change the overcrowding aspect.  It's like a chess board, and every black space is a spawn location, and every white is an area to settle in.  Yes, while YOU only spawn in one of them, and it takes you forever to travel to all the squares, the fact remains that people are in all of them.  And they are crowded.  Go to any Lawless Island, and you will see drydock after drydock.    But this is just scratching the surface of the problems.  Let me address the most pressing.  If it is so easy to sink something like a Brigantine, than it better be just as easy and fast to build one.  How long would you keep playing if it takes you many days to build a ship, but it gets blown out of the water the day you launch it, and sometimes you don't even get that far...it gets destroyed in drydock.  You won't do that more than 2 or 3 times before you quit.

4 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

Its not too small. You need to join a company. This is not a solo or small group kinda game. If you are failing or not getting the results you would like, switch tactics.

Really?  So you want to bring people into your Company that you don't even know, just for the sake of having numbers?  Dumb.  Especially in a game that has no protection against the recruit who joined to inside you.  And no...I don't want to have to rely on somebody else to get something done, especially when they don't have to log in that day.  This isn't a job.  I don't want a job in game.  I want to play the game...play...and not be so restricted.  The skill trees as they stand are an abomination.  You have to go into several you may not need, to get to the one you do.  Meanwhile, there are other things you wanted to do, but you can't because you don't have the skill points to get there.  Totally sapped my desire to play.

• Like 1

Then maybe you want to play something else. I hear rocket league is pretty good. But just because I told you the truth and you don't like it doesn't mean its not the truth.

1. a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.
    "narcissists who think the world revolves around them"

7 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Really?  So you want to bring people into your Company that you don't even know, just for the sake of having numbers?  Dumb.  Especially in a game that has no protection against the recruit who joined to inside you.  And no...I don't want to have to rely on somebody else to get something done, especially when they don't have to log in that day.  This isn't a job.  I don't want a job in game.  I want to play the game...play...and not be so restricted.  The skill trees as they stand are an abomination.  You have to go into several you may not need, to get to the one you do.  Meanwhile, there are other things you wanted to do, but you can't because you don't have the skill points to get there.  Totally sapped my desire to play.

Then this isn't the game for you. You're thinking it's something that it's not.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

Cant wait to see you being over run by our asian friends... lets talk again then 😄