Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

Goodbye ATLAS !!!

1 minute ago, Whitehawk said:

The only kind of wipe that is risk free is front to back. Nobody joins an already running mmo and expects a level playing field cos it's not gonna happen. as for replay Yeh there are games you can finish in 50 hours but give you replayability so you could end up playing them for at least 300 hours in total. I've already played atlas for well over 400 hours and still haven't finished it all. And some people have played for over a thousand hours. What the hell is 50 hours replayability compared to that? I'm buying the xbox version too and personally it doesn't bother me if there is a wipe but it's definitely better imo if there isn't one. It's always good to get help from players who are higher lev  when you're getting hammered. And it means there will be companies that you can join that are already established. I've also had help from other players with resources too. There's no need to wipe the game at all.

Lol yeah they actually do. When it launches on their platform. Everyone does that. This isn’t a “sale” which most people want to use that very stupid example. This is the very first chance they have to buy the game. I don’t want to buy COD and them he level 100. I also don’t want to buy destiny with them having max gear. I mean that is just stupid.

5 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

The only kind of wipe that is risk free is front to back. Nobody joins an already running mmo and expects a level playing field cos it's not gonna happen. as for replay Yeh there are games you can finish in 50 hours but give you replayability so you could end up playing them for at least 300 hours in total. I've already played atlas for well over 400 hours and still haven't finished it all. And some people have played for over a thousand hours. What the hell is 50 hours replayability compared to that? I'm buying the xbox version too and personally it doesn't bother me if there is a wipe but it's definitely better imo if there isn't one. It's always good to get help from players who are higher lev  when you're getting hammered. And it means there will be companies that you can join that are already established. I've also had help from other players with resources too. There's no need to wipe the game at all.

Yes, let’s just ruin the game for 1000’s of players so you can keep your stuff. Cool 👍

Well one I don't have anything left in pve cos it's gone and two so you're telling me that mmo's don't get new players unless they wipe the slate? dream on. And regardless of it launching on xbox or not it's CROSS PLATFORM, Which means the people buying it will already be expecting pc players to be on it.

3 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well one I don't have anything left in pve cos it's gone and two so you're telling me that mmo's don't get new players unless they wipe the slate? dream on. And regardless of it launching on xbox or not it's CROSS PLATFORM, Which means the people buying it will already be expecting pc players to be on it.

Yes you are right. Pc players will already be on it. Pretty obvious with the crossplay and all.

so now, should I only pay 5 dollars for the used game? Maybe even 10 dollars for the used game? Surely not more. This is a used game afterall.

i mean if I buy a new game on release day then everyone is the same level. I tell you what, if they make the game 5-10 dollars(truth worth for a used game) then sure, don’t bother wiping. I am all for it. 👍

Well as you're not buying the game anyway I don't know why you seem so bothered, Also you're stating that games like ESO, WOW, NMS, FFO can't charge full price ever because they are used games? and I don't remember FFO wiping everything. And anyway they won't be buying Atlas on release day cos it's already been released.

11 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well as you're not buying the game anyway I don't know why you seem so bothered, Also you're stating that games like ESO, WOW, NMS, FFO can't charge full price ever because they are used games? and I don't remember FFO wiping everything. And anyway they won't be buying Atlas on release day cos it's already been released.

Did you forget this game is still 1 year or more in EA? So yeah even regardless of crossplay full price would be completely stupid to begin with. 

We aren’t just dealing with ea or crossplay. We are also dealing with a defective product which also usually comes with a discount. 

Pretty sad to be honest when you have 3 legit reasons why the game shouldn’t cost more than 10 bucks. 

Of course I am buying the game. Once the wipe happens I will be all about atlas.

especially since I will get laid off in November and be able to play at the very minimum of 12 hours a day.

you know they are wiping right? If not, I mean grab onto everything you can and I won’t blame you. It is happening though.

Well i'm not sure they will wipe the game, I reckon they'll get feedback first. and if it's true you're buying the game on xbox release, then I'll see you on there.

17 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well i'm not sure they will wipe the game, I reckon they'll get feedback first. and if it's true you're buying the game on xbox release, then I'll see you on there.

So many things wrong with a couple of sentences.

they are wiping the game. Feedback doesn’t matter. And yes, I am buying the game and I look forward to being level 1 with you. If you beat me only because you have the advantage then so be it. We already know the crutch that pc players have regardless. God knows they need it lol.

12 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Why imagine?

No. It's always a question of 'why".

The how to do and how to announce is insignificant. It leads to knee jerk reactions, sure, and can possibly show that there is no "why', but it always is a question of "why".

Salt in the soup of what? Wipe of what?

The post about "imagine" was peppered with ironic.

Why is not a question for me. I would wipe out all because of fairness for everyone who plays on the same server.

And was you playing before wipe? Do you remember the three weeks before? It was terrible. Such amount of shitstorm I never seen before.

21 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Is the wipe actually confirmed or still rumor stage?

They confirmed that they try to launch without a wipe. Nothing concrete since now.

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2019 at 11:08 PM, Forb Hidden said:

Why the "Devs" don't go out and ask a real Gamedeveloper what is more important: bring out a console-release for a quick cashgrab or fix the entire game in its state to make current player happy, veteran players come back, new players join in and then, when the game is standing strong, go over to the next step?

Why the hell get we served the dumbest of the dumbest idiodevs, who think it's better to do it across every logically way? Didn't you learned anything before you get to GS?! 

7 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

I would wipe out all because of fairness for everyone who plays on the same server.

You confuse me.

You just saying now that the devs are trying to launch without a wipe, what is their reason for that? Do you think the reason might be anything related to fairness? Or they are doing it just for fun, giving themselves a problem for the fun of it? edit: they are probably just saying it to make everybody happy hehe

Edited by eeeceee

Don't have to - Unless they are opening with the new map layout, of course for the crossplay or if they have to change anything to the core game to make sure that when they do open it up, it runs smoothly.. err....  I am 100% for a map wipe and a character wipe, in this case. They are going to have to do it again later if they decide to re-vamp the skill system. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eeeceee said:

You confuse me.

You just saying now that the devs are trying to launch without a wipe, what is their reason for that? Do you think the reason might be anything related to fairness? Or they are doing it just for fun, giving themselves a problem for the fun of it? edit: they are probably just saying it to make everybody happy hehe

Yeah pretty much. If they say they will try not to wipe that releases them from the blame if they “have” to end up wiping even thought that was the plan to begin with. It was a good decision on their part

I read earlier someone say something about not wiping to keep 1k currents, happy.. then went on to next month it will be down to 500 and so on.. At first I auto took it as a sarcastic take on thing but, after a bit I remembered that.. Its a game, people will come and go even if its a "perfect game". Please don't be selfish by demanding or try and forcing them to not wipe due to your current gameplay... They would like the game to be around for a very long time and unlike you, can't chose to come and go monthly  from the game 😛   Less, like some, they quit their jobs.. I guess.. hrmm.. 

Do you as a player intend to be still playing a game 5 years later?

If you, as a plyer are still playing when the next wipe comes up during the games development, going to have a panic attack again, at that time and demand things? If so.. then you are just being selfish with lil thoughts to your own future, let alone the games. 😉

Let it go, let it go... lol 

and they may not even wipe this time but, they will have to at least 2 times before the game is a finished one 😛