Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Normally I'd say 10 Sotd were too much..

The only Place they can be Dangerous are golden age Server And You Need to be Super Lucky ( or unlucky ) to find a red Fleet And even then they are not that Dangerous 

5 hours ago, Willard said:

Its a green fleet, not exactly smt which is supposed to be dangerous for a gally.

For a noob gally with common planks.  It could be dangerous.  A company fella almost lost his gally to a smaller fleet.. although truth be told, he almost lost it really, due to overconfidence.. and a lack of repair materials.  But the point I think I'm trying to make is.. instead of 10 ships.. give me 5 that persue me and actually try to kill me.  This give up thing they do after a minute.. is really annoying.

And yes I know the 2 fleet spawn is probably a bug.. or maybe grapecard hates me personally.. since I seem to see this alot.. maybe there's a bounty on me head.  For $1..

Edited by Martyn

Lately it seems like people are ignoring the green fleets by me unless we need a lot of NPC's in short order.  Green fleets are a waste of cannonballs.  Dunno how the spawns are handled.  Might be building up or multiples in the same area. 

Edited by DocHolliday

I freely admit that although I generally try to eradicate full fleets (assuming they take up a spawn slot?), when I am low on ammo, I resort to cherry picking the high levels out of a fleet.

I *really* wish that there was an aging mechanism to the fleets outside of freeports, so that the longer they lasted, the higher level they'd get. That would make the least visited zones be really valuable to patrol once in a while (and also really dangerous).

• Like 2

SOTD are not dangerous.

They was nerfed in the past multiple times. Now you can sail through them without any problems (ignore stuck bug). In GAR you find harder ships, but still not dangerous.

They should add some alpha ships (colour purple) with 200+, slightly better bps in a higher amount.

They actually ninja buffed them or at least i havn't found Any pachnotes that they added More HP to the sotds. Yet if you Start Leveling your ship And Put points into resistance And dmg they die as quick as they spawn. But there are Plans in the Future^^

7 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

I freely admit that although I generally try to eradicate full fleets (assuming they take up a spawn slot?), when I am low on ammo, I resort to cherry picking the high levels out of a fleet.

I *really* wish that there was an aging mechanism to the fleets outside of freeports, so that the longer they lasted, the higher level they'd get. That would make the least visited zones be really valuable to patrol once in a while (and also really dangerous).

I like this idea.