Sign in to follow this  
photek

250 gb SSD 100 GB Free NOW FULL after 8 GB patch!!!

someone else having this problem?

i try to patch since 2 hours!!!!!

now that i deleted some games from my other drive its working!!! and i have 100 gb free again...

what the hell is this wildcard you amateurs stealing our time again and again and make us mad again and again, the only freaking game and the only devs that do it over and over again.

Disappointing to hear, given that a similar issue is long-standing with Ark. The good news is that compared to other components like RAM or GPU, hard drive space is relatively cheap even in SSD form.

every damn time.

Download takes forever, unpacking for 3 hours, installing for 1h now and now it just stopped.

After restarting Steam it starts downloading 5.1GB AGAIN..?

Apparently you have to have the same amount of space free as the whole game needs,it's the way it updates so I've been told,I had to buy a new hard drive because ark was doing the same thing,now it downloads much faster.I also had to clear the steam download cache once when I was stuck in a download loop.

Same problem.. can't update because not enough space left on my hd lol.

126gb required.. 35gb available..

Let me think now.. buy new hdd for a buggy broken game... or delete atlas and move on..

For that..is the question.

Edit: Removed wedding photos and Black Ops4..

Imagine a world.. where you have to buy an hdd for every game...that's today.. I assume it's downloading the entire atlas game all over again not adding another 126gb to the current file.. really wish grapecard would learn how patches are supposed to work..

Edited by Martyn

1 hour ago, Koenemeloen said:

Make yourself happy and buy a proper system, and fix a decent internet connection 🙂

Or come to the forum and make shitposts 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

If your windows runs on the same HD, it's possible. Windows reserves a lot of space. You can call it ghost-reservation of free space.

For the exactly explaination for this, u have to ask a smarter nerd than me. I just know that windows reserve lot of space and don't show it up to you. That's why I got a ssd only for windows and one for the good games. All the rest or tiny games runs on the normal HD.

Yeh my sons got almost the same spec pc as me however he has windows on a separate ssd drive,he's got so many games you can't see the desktop picture,and he never has lag or loading probs update probs or anything,and runs all his games on high too.I did think of doing that myself but i'll need a new pc soon anyway so the next one I buy i'll make sure windows is on a separate drive.It might not be that that does it, but it does seem to help a lot. 

On 6/29/2019 at 12:27 PM, Martyn said:

Same problem.. can't update because not enough space left on my hd lol.

126gb required.. 35gb available..

Let me think now.. buy new hdd for a buggy broken game... or delete atlas and move on..

For that..is the question.

Edit: Removed wedding photos and Black Ops4..

Imagine a world.. where you have to buy an hdd for every game...that's today.. I assume it's downloading the entire atlas game all over again not adding another 126gb to the current file.. really wish grapecard would learn how patches are supposed to work..

The game works fine its your setup if it was a buggy pos we would all of deleted it and moved on. Clean up your HD...clean your caches of browsers etc. Limit trash can to 1% of hard drive space that btw takes up space even if its not being used. 

2 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Yeh my sons got almost the same spec pc as me however he has windows on a separate ssd drive,he's got so many games you can't see the desktop picture,and he never has lag or loading probs update probs or anything,and runs all his games on high too.I did think of doing that myself but i'll need a new pc soon anyway so the next one I buy i'll make sure windows is on a separate drive.It might not be that that does it, but it does seem to help a lot. 

It doesnt matter with SSDs with Windows, unless your using Virtual memory and using drive space for ram, this game doesnt use ram as much as it does Video card Memory. I know i have 32 G of ram and 8 gig on my video card. Guess what it uses my video card memory when it should use a bit of both.

SSDS runs at the speed of light so putting windows on another drive is not needed anymore. If you run all SSDS you can have everything on the same device it makes no difference. 

3 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

The game works fine its your setup if it was a buggy pos we would all of deleted it and moved on. Clean up your HD...clean your caches of browsers etc. Limit trash can to 1% of hard drive space that btw takes up space even if its not being used. 

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about.  Windows itself takes up a large chunk.. limiting trash etc means nothing. Cleaning your hdd means nothing.. having to find 126gb on a drive with 30gb spare.. is a significant issue and also expecting everyone to have spare terabyte drives is as well.  As pointed out in my earlier posts.

As for the game not being buggy etc.. explain where the other 38,000 players have gone.  Sorry.. miscalc.. 158,000 other players..

Edited by Martyn
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Clearly you have no clue what you're talking about.  Windows itself takes up a large chunk.. limiting trash etc means nothing. Cleaning your hdd means nothing.. having to find 128gb on a drive with 30gb spare.. is a significant issue and also expecting everyone to have spare terabyte drives is as well.  As pointed out in my earlier posts.

After working in IT for 30 years and spending my childhood fixing C64s and trash 80s I know quite a bit,  you have no idea what your doing bottom line.

So since you want to make it personal enjoy your pos computer there sparky. You dont need a terabyte drive if your drive is being filled up something else is going on, on your machine.

Turn off virtual memory aka memory manager i was offering you a few items to look at. So since you want to be a smart ass and a dumb ass enjoy it not working.  try the Id 10 T key....

Edited by Luxfere
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 yrs.. hope your employers don't read this forum.

And yeh you're right.. I have wedding photos, other games, music, movies etc on my drive.. besides just atlas..

Oh and it's working now.  Was working before you replied.  But thanks for your needless input.  30 years.. omg, I'd have sacked you within the first 30 seconds.

Edited by Martyn

4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

30 yrs.. hope your employers don't read this forum.

And yeh you're right.. I have wedding photos, other games, music, movies etc on my drive.. besides just atlas..

Oh and it's working now.  Was working before you replied.  But thanks for your needless input.  30 years.. omg, I'd have sacked you within the first 30 seconds.

your a moron and a whinny bitch 

• Like 1

I had commodore 64's amiga's and atari st,and with the exception of the tape my commodore never went wrong at all,so you musta been unlucky to find faulty ones,also games do run better on ssd,anyway if you're so knowledgeable instead of put downs why don't you offer good advice?Also there are things windows 10 does to my pc and graphics tablet that even microsoft couldn't find the answer to and they are writing it.And it really bugs me when people assume that nobody else has tried any form of pc maintenance to sort the issue out,btw next time atlas is running look in task manager to see how much of your mem is being taken up,or for a great example outlaws of the old west.oh and not everyone can afford to buy huge ssd hard drives whenever one gets full.

Who are you talking to White hawk? I offered some items for him to look at instead he just runs at the mouth as usual. Btw SSDs are dirt cheap these days you can get a 1TB drive for around 137.00 bucks so this guy just like to complain about everything.  Windows 10 is garbage, it feels like Windows 8 with duct tape...

With 32g of ram ATlas  hardly uses it windows could use better memory management. 

https://www.newegg.com/samsung-860-evo-series-1tb/p/N82E16820147673 

Edited by Luxfere

That's the drive I actually use.. only it's a 250gb. Which is mostly windows, drivers, 3rd party apps etc like streaming stuff, editing etc.  I use my 2nd drive for steam games and misc storage.  Yes.. I could buy more hdd space.. but that doesn't solve my problem in the short term.  Your advice was useless.  Essentially, you sounded lofty and insulting.

I resolved the issue before you even replied as stated in latter posts.  For someone who claims to have 30 yrs of pc experience your advice was lacklustre and your general attitude I find childish tbh.  You'll notice I don't call people dumbasses or douchbags etc..  You manage that, all by yourself.

Edited by Martyn

Well let me think a new hard drive or my family eat....,but seriously that's still too steep for me when i can save up for a new pc which is what i'm doing.and yeh win 10 management is pretty useless but until they lose the pc monopoly im pretty much stuck with it as all my graphics programmes run on it.Lets just not all get bogged down with name calling though, we are all gamers we got a lot in common we can start there eh.

• Like 1

If you shop around you can get some hdd deals for only a few bucks, but then you get drawn into the upgrade cycle.. worth, value cost etc.  If you really needed a new hdd you'd probably find the money for one.. the issue here really is.. 5.1gb patch.. 126gb demand.. most people have that 5.1gb to spare.. or can easily make it up, 126gb on the other hand.  That's deleting some major filing or buying a new hdd, waiting a few days then installing it.  A delay of several days.. which when you log in expecting to play in a few mins.. can be abit of a downer. 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Well let me think a new hard drive or my family eat....,but seriously that's still too steep for me when i can save up for a new pc which is what i'm doing.and yeh win 10 management is pretty useless but until they lose the pc monopoly im pretty much stuck with it as all my graphics programmes run on it.Lets just not all get bogged down with name calling though, we are all gamers we got a lot in common we can start there eh.

If your family can’t fend for themselves in the wild, let natural selection do it’s work. People always talk big about tough love, but they @#$& out when it comes to handing their loved ones a hunting knife and explaining the new family rule is “you kill it, you eat it.”  Sure an 8 year old can’t run down a deer, but they can’t eat that much meat before it spoils anyway. So unless you’re willing to sacrifice more of your playtime teaching your daughter how to salt meat to preserve it, tell her to start small with squirrels and rabbits and work her way up.

Cause a man’s gotta have priorities, and you’ve got a new hard drive to shop for.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wonder if the steam set up is snagging the downloads though,I bought a 2tb external drive and now play a lot of my games from it and some pretty juicy mmos on it too,but I have noticed a slower download since I split the games on my internal.ESO is probably the worst,that game is massive on my drive now what with all the dlc and addons.The way games are going we will have to have hard drives the same size as our pc's,just like when home computing began,although admittedly then the ram was the size of a suitcase and was only 1mb!

yeh but the problem is boomer I also want a new guitar,and I can make money from that,and where I live if I had a daughter she wouldn't be allowed out till she was 18 and fully armed!