MpGDeluxe

flags CUSTOM FLAGS (Images)

Tutorial for Custom-Image-Flags:

Select your Favorite Image.

1.  Go to http://www.ark-survival.net/en/image-to-board-sign-pnt-converter/
  2.  Put in your Image into the Converter.
  3.  Now Select "Canvas" in the Resolution 1x1 and klick on "Send"
  4. (Optional) Now u can choose a custom Color at "Set Colors"
  5.  Press "Generate Preview" and download it.
  6.  Thats the important step! Copy your Image or Drag it into [Atlas Folder -> ShooterGame -> Saved -> MyPaintings] and rename it like this: MyFlag_ClaimingFlag_C or Banana_ClaimingFlag_C or… it must end on: _ClaimingFlag_C
  7.  Now u can get into the Game, select your Brush and run to your Claiming-Flag. Press the left Mouse Button on it and go to "Load Painting from this Type" in the Top left Corner.
  8.  Now select your Flag.
  9.  At last you Need to get your Colors (It will Show up on the Right side of your screen)

Sorry for my bad english skills.
I hope this will help you guys out, cause I didn't find any Tutorials online allready.

Good Luck!

20181227060513_1.jpg

Edited by MpGDeluxe
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Dread Pirate Jackle said:

This works perfectly. Do we happen to know the specifics for other upload formats? Such as sails.

I could find that out, but I'm not at this Point Right now 😄

7 hours ago, Dread Pirate Jackle said:

This works perfectly. Do we happen to know the specifics for other upload formats? Such as sails.

That would be really nice to get this in to the game 

• Like 1

So, you can take the file from the claiming flag and duplicate it. Then rename the file to _SailGeneric_C for a RAft-Sail. I specific tried it at an Double-Sail and on a Raft sail. 
Raft-Sail File Ends with: _SailGeneric_C instead of the _ClaimingFlag_C and the Double-Sail is: _SailDouble_C

Note: The double Sail one wont work with that Resolution, Im Looking for a fix Right now. 
Just gimme some time 🙂

Edited by MpGDeluxe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now does this image show up in game for everyone, or is it only client side(only I can see this change)

Thank you for your tutorial!

If anyone wants to know with image-format to choose: it works perfect with a JPEG, a transparent PNG gives a very strange result, but you see that already in the preview of the converter how it will look like.

after doing this I had a black sky and I wasn't able to find my mypaintings folder is there a reason why?

11 hours ago, wHaCkEd said:

Now does this image show up in game for everyone, or is it only client side(only I can see this change)

This is like ARK signs, once painted it stays that way for everyone unless changed by you or your company

Anyone have luck with getting this onto sails without it looking super blown up?

I can't get it to work on the sails at all 😕
Tried with this method, and an ark converter, with overwriting an existing sail I painted.

I dont see the pictures at all.... Really sad 😕

Hi 

Thanks for the tuto ! 

I would to know what's the image max_size to put it onto a flag or sails

Thank you for the answer !

Ahoy. Does anyone know the savefile name for canvas paintings? I cant get the freepainting working (otherwise i could save a painting and see it for myself), it is saying "highlight the preview window" but I don't see how, could be me being dumb though.  I tried using the ark file affix and it didnt load the canvas files.

Yeah I would love to know how to put custom images on sails as well. Like Medium Speed sails. Its hard because of the two different resolutions for the small and big sails on it. 

10 hours ago, MamaPrince said:

Yeah I would love to know how to put custom images on sails as well. Like Medium Speed sails. Its hard because of the two different resolutions for the small and big sails on it. 

Guide

14 hours ago, dcx said:

Its preety simple.

20190102015545_1.jpg

nice one

Edited by Staal