No b*llshit, just important stuff.
What do we need ?
- Graphic editor
- Atlas pnt converter.
Now, there are 2 ways to get a template. You can paint in game, border of your sails, then just save it as a template with a correct name. You can also find some templates on this forum.
FYI i attached only TripeSail template.
1. Open attached file with a grapic editor.
2. Delete the background layer if there is any.
3. Leave it like this. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/531162918650380290/532289376533741571/unknown.png?width=1239&height=677
4. Edit it with some fancy set up. You can download some license free vector files, then move it on photoshop window. Vector images do not lose quality when you resize it. After everything delete the template layer. It should look this way. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/531162918650380290/532290947740991508/unknown.png?width=1239&height=677
5. When the picture is done, save it as a PNG file.
6. Open the file with Atlas pnt converter. Load the picture you just made, reduce colors if needed, also dither. Game has capped colors, so after all your image will not look as much as you wish it to.
7. Save it as Arkpnt file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MyPaintings make sure the name is correct.
8. Congrats, you just created your sail. Now all you need to do is, enter the game, use brush on your object and click on "load painting" button, choose the one you want, then click on "load painting" again. Be patient - it takes some time to finish the painting.
Links: Photoshop free Trial : https://creative.adobe.com/pl/products/download/photoshop?promoid=61PM825Y&mv=other
Atlas pnt converter : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1drepZ0ynF3ELMbauC-6wdN-RYEqtGcaf/view