Sign in to follow this  
xx0zill

Devs gonna do something about the dupes?

8 minutes ago, Bonedancer said:

Even if they get the word? Bro, they knew about it after day ONE and guess what they did? Instead of wiping it, they "patched" it. Leaving everyone that flew over in godmode to claim land spanning 5-6 blocks square. Go take a look at the "Dynamic Atlas Map" for yourself. Yeah, most of those were there DAY ONE. 

Furthermore, by trying to claim that my post is any less of a rant than yours is pretty hilarious. I'm simply posting about game-breaking bugs. So what If I do it in an aggravated way? Fuck dude, it's aggravating. But people like you forum warriors love to be loved online, for whatever reason. Me? I personally don't give a rat's ass who "likes" what I post. Deleted my Facebook over that shit years ago. 

So they ran around in godmode, claimed a bunch of land, duped a bunch of ships....

...and it was patched.

So...you're here complaining why? Because they still have the stuff in an Alpha that will be wiped anyway?

...still not computing exactly the problem? I honestly believe they (Wildcard) would have a bigger uproar than yours if they wiped right now as many people (as yourself) really can't grasp that this isn't a live environment- but for some reason people are committing to it like it is, and finding themselves sorely disappointed (Such as yourself). So yeah, level 4 Joe-Schmo really doesn't care about your gripes with the Chinese dupe nation; all they care about is their basic raft and bed being taken from them. 

Wildcard will wipe when Wildcard is ready.

Edited by Teach

3 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Can you guys just not?

My apologies, Revenant. I'm usually not the type to make posts like these, but this has me pretty heated. I'm typically on the other side of the fence with the whole, "it's just early access" et cetera. But you can't deny Wildcard's history with legacy and you can't deny the blatant disregard of these game-breaking issues. Nonetheless, my apologies I'm done arguing. 

1 minute ago, Teach said:

So they ran around in godmode, claimed a bunch of land, duped a bunch of ships....

...and it was patched.

So...you're here complaining why? Because they still have the stuff in an Alpha that will be wiped anyway?

...still not computing exactly the problem? I honestly believe they (Wildcard) would have a bigger uproar than yours if they wiped right now as many people (as yourself) really can't grasp that this isn't a live environment- but for some reason people are committing to it like it is, and finding themselves sorely disappointed (Such as yourself). So yeah, level 4 Joe-Schmo really doesn't care about your gripes with the Chinese dupe nation; all they care about is their basic raft and bed being taken from them. 

Wildcard will wipe when Wildcard is ready.

People like you reddit whores only say what the vast majority want to hear, regardless of the issue or how you truly feel. You have no thoughts of your own if it exists outside of what the vast majority wants to see. I'm done arguing with you, Happy Holidays. 

They need to geolock the servers and then perma ban any account that is found cheating.  Wildcard has a history of making shit pvp with Ark.  Why am I not surprised its the same with this game.

Private server is the ONLY way to play any of their games.

And to think my reddit account has maybe 4 posts in it's lifetime...

Happy Holidays, bro!

This game's pretty much built around the concept of resource scarcity and the idea that progress requires investment.  Duping undermines the entire concept of the game and needs to be addressed.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LordTulkus said:

They need to geolock the servers and then perma ban any account that is found cheating.  Wildcard has a history of making shit pvp with Ark.  Why am I not surprised its the same with this game.

Private server is the ONLY way to play any of their games.

I agree Tulkus, on part. Private servers are all ran by admin abusers, unless of course you can afford the 14,000.00 to run your own outside of a single block island. The rest of what you said is spot on. 

1 minute ago, Revenant said:

This game's pretty much built around the concept of resource scarcity and the idea that progress requires investment.  Duping undermines the entire concept of the game and needs to be addressed.  

+1

3 minutes ago, Bonedancer said:

I agree Tulkus, on part. Private servers are all ran by admin abusers, unless of course you can afford the 14,000.00 to run your own outside of a single block island. The rest of what you said is spot on. 

+1

14,000.00??   No a server can handle the map size no problem.  Its the player count that is the issue.  So you make Private servers with like 70 max players like Ark and we are good.

17 minutes ago, Revenant said:

My stance wasn't to negate the fact the duping needs to be addressed, because it is being addressed. The method used to obtain creative/god was patched. I don't know if the server transition dupe was patched, but if they patched out creative/god modes, I'm sure they will tackle the transition leak as well.

I was merely making the point that in alpha stages, the state of the economy isn't as much of a priority as stability. The economy will be wiped when the servers get wiped, and those Chinese galleons will no longer exist. The fact they still have them sucks, but you have to consider the amount of time and damage control it would take to specifically find dupes/offenders and remove them. I don't see Wildcard wasting their time on petty actions against peoples artificially-inflated progress when we are due for wipes -anyway-.

To wipe the servers 4 days in, with the community as anxious and defensive as it is about their ability to play, could be a disastrous PR move on their part which is what they are more than likely trying to avoid until it is a necessary action (Major patch, etc).

In reality, Wildcard is probably analyzing the mid-late game data they are receiving from the artificial progression just to see if everything is "working"

Edited by Teach

11 minutes ago, LordTulkus said:

14,000.00??   No a server can handle the map size no problem.  Its the player count that is the issue.  So you make Private servers with like 70 max players like Ark and we are good.

Yes, 14,310.00 per month to be exact. One 70 man server = 63.60 per month (cheapest online) through gportal. This is ONE block. So let's calculate.

15 blocks x 15 blocks = 225 total blocks on Atlas. 63.60 x 225 = 14,310.00 per month. 

Edited by Bonedancer

7 minutes ago, Bonedancer said:

Yes, 14,310.00 per month to be exact. One 70 man server = 63.60 per month (cheapest online) through gportal. This is ONE block. So let's calculate.

15 blocks x 15 blocks = 225 total blocks on Atlas. 63.60 x 225 = 14,310.00 per month. 

You can rent an un-managed VPS without the tiered pricing nonsense . Each grid though takes about 4GB of ram, and about "2 cores" worth of dedicated processing power.

a 15x15 private server would be costly (And frankly, a waste in a Private server environment) regardless of the avenue you take- but you can definitely mitigate the cost doing it on your own.

Edited by Teach

2 minutes ago, Teach said:

You can rent an un-managed VPS without the tiered pricing nonsense . Each grid though takes about 4GB of ram, and about "2 cores" worth of dedicated processing power.

a 15x15 private server would be costly (And frankly, a waste in a Private server environment) regardless of the avenue you take- but you can definitely mitigate the cost doing it on your own.

And where do you get the files from genius? Even if you could, I've owned a Digital Ocean account since they've opened. In fact, I'm a founding member and I can tell you that a server (or server'S in this case would cost you roughly 11,000.00 per month to host such a thing. Once again, anything to forum warrior every post. 

2 minutes ago, Bonedancer said:

And where do you get the files from genius? Even if you could, I've owned a Digital Ocean account since they've opened. In fact, I'm a founding member and I can tell you that a server (or server'S in this case would cost you roughly 11,000.00 per month to host such a thing. Once again, anything to forum warrior every post. 

You mean the files that Wildcard gave to everyone to run their unofficial servers?

There is also a dropbox hosted by one of our members that supplies an almost turnkey solution:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7u5bi22q0fmdcdg/AABbaC3q4gw15Ft16pdDS-Woa?dl=0

I wouldn't go as far as genius, but thank you.

Edited by Teach

I noticed early on the cheating is already rampant. If you spawn into the lawless zones that do not have any resources you will notice that there are dozens of shipyards even though impossible to build then without mats.

1 minute ago, trik said:

I noticed early on the cheating is already rampant. If you spawn into the lawless zones that do not have any resources you will notice that there are dozens of shipyards even though impossible to build then without mats.

Could it be possible that there are no resources because they were all used on the shipyards you're seeing? 😄

1 minute ago, Teach said:

Could it be possible that there are no resources because they were all used on the shipyards you're seeing? 😄

No there are just islands that lack one of the necessary mats many of them are lawless on lawless spawns. Yet millions of shipyards see for yourself.

3 minutes ago, Teach said:

You mean the files that Wildcard gave to everyone to run their unofficial servers?

There is also a dropbox hosted by one of our members that supplies an almost turnkey solution:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7u5bi22q0fmdcdg/AABbaC3q4gw15Ft16pdDS-Woa?dl=0

I wouldn't go as far as genius, but thank you.

Ok, so they've made it open source already, from what I read before they were waiting until it was complete. Even though these files aren't complete by any means from what I'm looking at. That still doesn't negate the costs of such caliber of a server. 

Just now, trik said:

No there are just islands that lack one of the necessary mats many of them are lawless on lawless spawns. Yet millions of shipyards see for yourself.

That's different from stating "lawless zones that do not have "any" resources". Not arguing it can't be due to cheating, just leaving open the plausibility that it may not 🙂 Not everyone is cheating.

3 minutes ago, Teach said:

That's different from stating "lawless zones that do not have "any" resources". Not arguing it can't be due to cheating, just leaving open the plausibility that it may not 🙂 Not everyone is cheating.

This mf has a forum warrior response for everything. Welcome to ignore. 

Edited by Bonedancer

2 minutes ago, Bonedancer said:

This mf has a forum warrior response for everything. Too bad they didn't implement the block feature. 

I guess everyone has their way of saying "Well, you told me"....cause like, you been wrong at every angle bruh, and I've proved it with facts and sources- so I guess continue to be mad rather than own up to being served.

Honestly, this game just needs player progress wiped clean. 

Yeah sure they fixed some of the dupe stuff, but whats there is now there, and the mongolian horde has plenty of supplies to fuel its endless conquer of virtual booty 😛 

4 minutes ago, shaunobrow said:

Honestly, this game just needs player progress wiped clean. 

Yeah sure they fixed some of the dupe stuff, but whats there is now there, and the mongolian horde has plenty of supplies to fuel its endless conquer of virtual booty 😛 

At minimum wipe everything that's been created, claimed or otherwise. But I'd be just fine with a complete wipe and i'm level 42. 

• Like 1