Sign in to follow this  
Goha

Shoveler and Knowledge of the Old Ones

1 If Skill "Knowledge of the Old Ones" increase damag vs Ship of the Damned?

2 if Skill "Shover" increase treasure items quality? Treasure godl aamount/ Treasure XP?

1. Almost positive, no. 

2. Some say it used to but, now I am hearing, no.

Thanks. Then those are totally useless skills. Like many others. 

Pre wipe we confirmed knowledge does increase damage against ships... only if You personally fire the cannon. 

On 5/9/2019 at 11:56 PM, Goha said:

1 If Skill "Knowledge of the Old Ones" increase damag vs Ship of the Damned?

2 if Skill "Shover" increase treasure items quality? Treasure godl aamount/ Treasure XP?

1 No, only v the undead on treasure maps and in golden islands, if you use melee, swivel, cannon on them.  And doesn't incl targetting crewmen as far as i can tell.  Although a salvo usually wipes em all out anyway.  Cannon fire v anything else is sparodic damage at best, if you even hit them.   Against damned not noticed any considerable damage increase, but again, using 140% cannons and they don't last very long.

2 Can't be 100% on this, sometimes I think I get more worms.. othertimes I think it's just the rng default value.. don't know if harvesting skill increases shoveling dirt either.  Same for twigs etc.

The OP was whether the damage works against ships of the damned. It does not. It works just fine if you are using melee/ranged on treasure map or Golden Ruin aotd. But who uses melee/ranged on aotd? It does not give a boost to your tame. So basically useless skill unless you are in some weird ass company doing shit the hard way by not using tames on maps.

The Shovel skill line works just fine too. For open ground harvesting. So if you are someone that digs up lots of worms and twigs, totally useful.

Edited by UnknownSystemError