Sign in to follow this  
RogueDM

Celery... the question

Was celery intended to be a cooking herb and got tagged as a vegetable despite the fact you do not get seeds for it? It seems to harvest more like an herb. Just curious.

10 hours ago, Master_Pain said:

Cooking is broken, don't bother. The foods only give 1 vitamin, not 2 as advertised.

Since when? If I eat a monarchs cake or a pork pie, it's working absolutely correct.

As Forb said pork pies work fine, and fish & Chips. the two together give all needed vitamins plus tonnes of food. very easy to make, 30 per stack and 5 hour spoil timer in inventory.

I'll have to try those out. I made hot cocoa and I think bubbles and squeak. The hot cocoa only gave blue, and the bubbles and squeak only gave purple. I was pretty disappointed, as I had to haul cocoa from another zone to make it lol.

<Nods> I make Fish and Chips and the Pork Pies for my company, they work as intended. Was just wondering if Celery was meant to work as a cooking herb and just was coded wrong, tis all.

2 hours ago, Master_Pain said:

I'll have to try those out. I made hot cocoa and I think bubbles and squeak. The hot cocoa only gave blue, and the bubbles and squeak only gave purple. I was pretty disappointed, as I had to haul cocoa from another zone to make it lol.

Some of the recipes give both vitamins upfront, some give 1 on the spot and the other slowly over several minutes. Weird and confusing, but I did a lot of cooking.

23 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Some of the recipes give both vitamins upfront, some give 1 on the spot and the other slowly over several minutes. Weird and confusing, but I did a lot of cooking.

Yeah, this has been throwing people off since day one.  You get what's advertised it just takes a while

1 hour ago, RogueDM said:

<Nods> I make Fish and Chips and the Pork Pies for my company, they work as intended. Was just wondering if Celery was meant to work as a cooking herb and just was coded wrong, tis all.

Hard to say for sure but I would guess coding error.

I find celery is weird ATM.

It used to be 25 = 1/4 bar like berries.

Now half the time it's 25, the other half 25 = death from vit a poisoning.

Did some testing with a few different foods, no 2 food combos raise all 4 vitamins instantly, only 3/4. So 3/4 vitamins get raised up very quickly. You have to pop at 30 to keep from losing the buff.